You know what really grinds my gears...

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:24 pm

Tech walks up to my desk while I'm eating lunch and asks me if I got his e-mail. I glance over at Outlook - nothing. Wait... there it is. This **** walked over to my desk to bother me during lunch before the e-mail had even been routed to my inbox.

pens9192

Postby pens9192 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:44 pm

Day four of my neighbor power washing the same god damn area of his small patio.
My neighbor cut his grass three times last week. This is a bit crazy for him since he usually cuts it oh, two times a week. I thought maybe he was on vacation this week..nope he is out there today pulling weeds from his mulch. This guy is like an exact clone of a neighbor from when I grew up.

Meanwhile I'm lucky to have time once every 10-14 days to cut my grass.

pens9192

Postby pens9192 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:45 pm

Tech walks up to my desk while I'm eating lunch and asks me if I got his e-mail. I glance over at Outlook - nothing. Wait... there it is. This **** walked over to my desk to bother me during lunch before the e-mail had even been routed to my inbox.
Did he stand there awkwardly waiting for you to read it or did he get the big clue that you were eating and not reading email?

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:46 pm

With as little rain as we've had, I've barely mowed my grass.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:47 pm

Did he stand there awkwardly waiting for you to read it or did he get the big clue that you were eating and not reading email?
He would have, but I told him I'd deal with it after lunch. It's not even anything remotely urgent.

As for your mower man, are you in the PA area? I haven't mowed for nearly two weeks now and it's barely noticeable thanks to how little rain we've gotten.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:05 pm

Day four of my neighbor power washing the same god damn area of his small patio.
My neighbor cut his grass three times last week. This is a bit crazy for him since he usually cuts it oh, two times a week. I thought maybe he was on vacation this week..nope he is out there today pulling weeds from his mulch. This guy is like an exact clone of a neighbor from when I grew up.

Meanwhile I'm lucky to have time once every 10-14 days to cut my grass.
2 times a week seems excessive.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:14 pm

2 times a week seems excessive.
Back in late April and May when it was raining constantly, I had to cut the grass every four days or so because otherwise I would have to constantly rake it. But yes, most of the time once a week is sufficient as long as it's not raining a bunch.

robbiestoupe

Postby robbiestoupe » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:32 am

I also have the obsessive neighbor who cuts his grass multiple times a week. If it’s not raining, he’s turning on his sprinklers. As a matter of fact, last week I saw him cut his front lawn, then turn on the front sprinklers while cutting the back.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:37 am

That guy should be on a watch list.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:47 am

Is he retired? My parents' neighbor is a retired firefighter, and he spends half of his week working on his lawn and garden, I assume to just keep himself busy.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:51 am

Is he retired? My parents' neighbor is a retired firefighter, and he spends half of his week working on his lawn and garden, I assume to just keep himself busy.
He's probably trying to avoid becoming an arsonist since he life became boring.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:51 am

Yeah if I was retired I would definitely try and have an immaculately kept lawn...it is nice to look at. As it stands, I can barely keep up with the weeds.

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:53 am

Driving along a side road, nobody behind me, nobody coming the other way, person in an SUV coming from the left decides to pull out in front of me to the point where I have to brake. Makes another left turn in approx. 1000 feet.

WTF man (or lady, I didn't see the driver but this was definitely a 90% dude move)? That could not have waited 10 seconds while I went past?
Last edited by RonnieFranchise on Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

dodint

Postby dodint » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:54 am

I have one of those neighbors across the street, two actually, I think they have dueling yards.

The shitty thing for them is I get to look at their yards, and they are stuck looking at mine. Truly unfair.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:35 am

Driving along a side road, nobody behind me, nobody coming the other way, person in an SUV coming from the left decides to pull out in front of me to the point where I have to brake. Makes another left turn in approx. 1000 feet.

WTF man (or lady, I didn't see the driver but this was definitely a 90% dude move)? That could not have waited 10 seconds while I went past?
That happened to me about a week or so ago. Driving along a 40 mph road, a car pulled out in front of me so close that I had to pretty aggressively brake, and ended up right on his bumper (couldn't see the guy's license plate). There was no other traffic visible in my mirror for about 2/3 of a mile. He made a right turn into a church driveway about 200 yards later. Never even got up to the speed limit.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:04 am

That happened to me about a week or so ago. Driving along a 40 mph road, a car pulled out in front of me so close that I had to pretty aggressively brake, and ended up right on his bumper (couldn't see the guy's license plate). There was no other traffic visible in my mirror for about 2/3 of a mile. He made a right turn into a church driveway about 200 yards later. Never even got up to the speed limit.
This stuff happens to me probably 4 to 5 times a week on my way to and from work. The commute each way is 15 minutes. Murrysville is a shtshow.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:15 am

My personal traffic hell is that we live only around 3 miles from SFO. So that means the roads that I drive on the most are littered with out-of-towners in Mustangs or Camaros driving 10 mph pointing at something three lanes over.

Gabe

Postby Gabe » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:48 am

I live in Palm Beach County, but occasionally have to venture down into Broward or Dade County for whatever reason. The traffic down there is the worst I have ever seen by far. Tourists, unlicensed people and elderly drivers are not a good mix.

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:23 pm

I can confidently say that even in retirement I won't give a crap about my lawn. A lot of my lawn isn't grass, and a fair bit has been taken over by moss because a lot of the lawn is shaded by mature trees (which are a pain in my butt in other ways). I wish the moss would cover the rest of it because then I wouldn't have to mow anything.

dodint

Postby dodint » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:44 pm

When people refer to the SCOTUS as The Supremes.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:40 am

I absolutely loathe walking down an aisle while shopping and having to walk past people that stand on one side and are looking at stuff on the other side. Don't take up the whole darn aisle.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:42 am

Could be worse... they could be the people in the aisle that stop, don't even look behind them, and start backing up. Oh, and don't forget the people that know each other and realize it as they're standing right next to each other and stop to chat not letting any room for people to get through. Love those people.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:47 am

This one lady I know isn't one to deal with stupidity. She told me a story how she was shopping and came across a couple full blown making out in an aisle. They took up the entire aisle with their cart so she rammed her's into it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:47 am

There is currently no way to disable the startup announcement on Amazon Echo devices. So, after a power outage, all of your Echos will gladly yell "HELLO!" at you in the middle of the damn night. I'm also pretty sure that I heard my Echo and FireTV talking to each other after powering on, too.

mikey

Postby mikey » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:56 am

That's very creepy...devices in your house constantly listening to your conversations, watching you bang your wife and storing it on the cloud or whatever and then talking to each other about it (apparently)...I'm so glad I don't have one of those little things anywhere near me...