You know what really grinds my gears...

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:43 pm

Another 5% turnpike toll increase come January 1.

https://www.cbsnews.com/pittsburgh/news ... sKFf2F647w

“Motorists can expect the level of increases to ease in a few years.”

**** you.

dodint

Postby dodint » Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:45 pm

Yeah, this was pre-set. So expect this article annually until 2028.

I have been going down to 68 lately. I rarely take the TP anymore.

nocera

Postby nocera » Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:46 pm

A toll is a toll and a roll is a roll. If we don’t get no tolls then we don’t eat no rolls

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:47 pm

68 is a great drive. It is maybe an extra 20 min to DC but I usually head down to Motown and across to save the toll, and it’s just a more pleasant drive with less traffic.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:51 pm

As someone who doesn't use the turnpike much, better the users of the turnpike (especially the out of state ones) pay for the roads over me.

dodint

Postby dodint » Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:31 pm

Yeah. I agree. Until PennDOT and the rest of the state agencies raid the fund.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:11 am

Another 5% turnpike toll increase come January 1.

https://www.cbsnews.com/pittsburgh/news ... sKFf2F647w

“Motorists can expect the level of increases to ease in a few years.”

**** you.

Before or after the heat death of the universe?

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:47 am

Driving from Lancaster County to Pittsburgh, I wish there was a better way to go that wasn't tremendously inconvenient. You can take 22 the whole way but it's about another hour or so.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:51 am

I love driving the PATP. Especially the 2 mile long stretches that drop to 55mph due to a construction zone that never actually exists.

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:18 am

2 miles? That’s a short one.

Don’t recall any other state blocking off the major stretches of road for construction that PA does. So frustrating to drive past 3 miles of road blocked off with nothing going on before you actually get to something being done.

scb147

Postby scb147 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:17 am

I had to go from Cranberry to Breezewood on the PATP and I said f that when I saw the tolls (~$15, even with EZPass). So I went through the city and out the parkway east to 22. Then at some point made my way to 30 and took that to Breezewood. It added maybe a half hour, but totally worth it.

nocera

Postby nocera » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:55 am

A channel called "Nice Dude Movie Night" showed up on my recommended videos on YouTube. It's one of those reaction channels where they claim to be reacting to movies for the first time. On this channel, they claim to had never seen Space Balls, Blazing Saddles, Ghostbusters, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Batman 89 & Batman Returns, The Princess Bride, Gremlins, The Exorcist, Rear Window, Halloween, The Wedding Singer, The Big Lewbowski, Wizard of Oz, and others. Their regular reviews have about 1k views. The "FIRST TIME WATCHING!" reactions have 50-400k.

And now that I've watched a few, I can't seem to get them off of my recommended page.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:06 am

The love for reaction videos are one thing I’ll never understand. It’s incomprehensible to me why some people enjoy watching someone else watch something. Especially because their reactions are overdramatized for the camera; like the guy who bawls at every Star Wars trailer released

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:07 am

There are some that I think are neat. Like the two black guys who listen to a different type of music, so you see their reaction to it. There was a Slayer and Dimmu one that I thought was really good, and was surprised at their comments on it.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:07 am

But those two are OGs in that space. Now everyone does it.

Beveridge

Postby Beveridge » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:16 am

It's the adult version of the stupid videos my kids watches of other kids playing with toys...

Go play with your own toys, bud.

mikey

Postby mikey » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:19 am

The love for reaction videos are one thing I’ll never understand. It’s incomprehensible to me why some people enjoy watching someone else watch something. Especially because their reactions are overdramatized for the camera; like the guy who bawls at every Star Wars trailer released
This one of your best looks in a while...if you're watching a "reaction video", you should be reduced to a 28.8 modem for a week and a half...

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:30 am

Is that the Lost In Vegas channel? Those two dudes are awesome.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:34 am

It's the adult version of the stupid videos my kids watches of other kids playing with toys...

Or, and I know this is gonna be controversial here, but twitch videos or watching someone else play a video game. I’ve had this argument with coworkers and they retort with “well you watch pro sports right? It’s the same thing”

I come back with “yeah pro sports display humans’ physical skills in the real world, not a virtual one” and I know ultimately it’s not a great justification but still. I don’t understand how watching someone else play video games is such a popular thing

And I say this as someone who loves video games

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:35 am

Is that the Lost In Vegas channel? Those two dudes are awesome.
Yep, that's the channel.

nocera

Postby nocera » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:42 am

Or, and I know this is gonna be controversial here, but twitch videos or watching someone else play a video game. I’ve had this argument with coworkers and they retort with “well you watch pro sports right? It’s the same thing”

I come back with “yeah pro sports display humans’ physical skills in the real world, not a virtual one” and I know ultimately it’s not a great justification but still. I don’t understand how watching someone else play video games is such a popular thing

Yeah this is where I'll disagree with you. It's just another form of entertainment. Watching Dr Disrespect isn't really about watching him play games. He's definitely not a top tier player. But he is absolutely hilarious. It's more about the show than the game. Then there are the streamers (Shroud, NickMercs, Z-Laner) that get viewers mostly because of their skill. It's impressive to watch somebody play a game that you play but play it at an entirely different level of skill. It is like sports in that regard.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:49 am

I disagree, as well, for different reasons. Outside of the fact that some players are just enjoyable to watch because of how absurdly good they are, but you can pick up a hell of a lot of tips, tricks, new game play, etc. by watching and listening to them. I'm a much better Halo player right now partially because of stuff like that.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:50 am

Yeah I get it. For me it’s similar to the Big Bang Theory. That show is so, in my opinion, offensively unfunny that its popularity vexes me

but I also know I’m a weird dude

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:04 am

I've taken each of my kids (not my daughter yet but we're thinking of where we want to go) on a major trip while they are in high school. My oldest wanted to go to a CS-Go tournament at Barclay's Center.

We had this exact discussion. We're seriously going to watch other people play video games all day for two days straight?

Yes, we did. We had a great time even if I wasn't interested in the gaming whatsoever.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:51 am

This one of your best looks in a while...if you're watching a "reaction video", you should be reduced to a 28.8 modem for a week and a half...
:lol:

"BLIND, DEAF REFUGEE FROM SUB-SAHARAN AFRICA HEARS BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY FOR THE FIRST TIME!"