You know what really grinds my gears...

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:33 pm

Do they recycle everything in your area (glass/plastic/paper)? We have to split our glass/plastic and paper recycling, and I know that it wasn’t until a few months ago that my uncles area in Irwin didn’t have one of the two (I want to say glass/plastic). We recycle basically any cardboard we have, which I’m going to assume isn’t very common.
Ours all goes in one big bin. They take cardboard I know as I've put out boxes before and all the pop can boxes go in the recycling bin too...not sure on glass. We are like 25 minutes from Irwin.

robbiestoupe

Postby robbiestoupe » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:36 am

When I lived in Northern Versailles, they would only take aluminum and clear glass. Perhaps Irwin has the same backwards recycling program.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:37 am

Nah, they [Irwin] don't have that restriction anymore. Just took a while to accept anything other than paper.

dodint

Postby dodint » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:15 pm

Water company stirred up the tanks while working on installing a new water main and now all the water is **** brown. They did it while I was on the treadmill so I'm sitting here stinking and gross wondering if I can bathe from the Brita pitcher.

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:31 pm

Baby wipes, devil.

dodint

Postby dodint » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:33 pm

Hah, god damn it. Nicely done.

Cagsjr724

Postby Cagsjr724 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:46 am

When Tom Wilson gets his name on the Stanley Cup.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:38 am

When Tom Wilson gets his name on the Stanley Cup.
This, but also people who have massive sub enclosures in their car with their bass turned up to 11. Walked past a car outside that had the bass so high that I could practically feel my damn teeth vibrating. I can only assume that he's deaf.

dodint

Postby dodint » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:40 am

Ever notice the people blasting music out of their open car windows are never listening to anything good? I can't recall ever thinking "Hey bud, turn it up!"

Same goes, maybe double, for motorcycle cruisers that have the speakers built in. My bike came with that and I took them out the first day. Nobody wants to hear that ****, and it just adds weight to the fairing/handlebars.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:40 am

Someone who parks in the garage here plays their music at such a volume that I can hear every single word clearly even with their windows down.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:43 am

Pretty lit stories my dudes. My one buddy and I used to drive around Oakland and blast Whitechapel. Pretty sure we had one lady do about 10 hail mary's

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:49 am

Pretty lit stories my dudes. My one buddy and I used to drive around Oakland and blast Whitechapel. Pretty sure we had one lady do about 10 hail mary's
I took my car to get washed a few weeks ago, and forgot to turn off the radio before handing it over. The guy who pulled it out of the tunnel had this frightened look on his face and asked me what on earth I was listening to. :lol:

Norwegian black metal scared that man.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:51 am

Source of the post Ever notice the people blasting music out of their open car windows are never listening to anything good? I can't recall ever thinking "Hey bud, turn it up!"
I generally don't have much of a problem with hearing music from cars, as I do it every once in a while myself. But when you can hear the music from a block away, or the bass is shaking bolts loose, that's too far.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:04 pm

I took my car to get washed a few weeks ago, and forgot to turn off the radio before handing it over. The guy who pulled it out of the tunnel had this frightened look on his face and asked me what on earth I was listening to. :lol:

Norwegian black metal scared that man.
I have a bit of an anger issue so I tend to get into arguments with other drivers for their stupidity. On occasion they will roll their windows down and yell at me. At this point I crank the metal up, roll down the window, and just stare blankly at them while not being able to hear a word.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:08 pm

I have a bit of an anger issue so I tend to get into arguments with other drivers for their stupidity. On occasion they will roll their windows down and yell at me. At this point I crank the metal up, roll down the window, and just stare blankly at them while not being able to hear a word.
Are we the same person?

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:10 pm

Are we the same person?
Well I am supposed to be dead to you so...

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:11 pm

Are we the same person?
We are! :fist:

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:14 pm

Ever notice the people blasting music out of their open car windows are never listening to anything good? I can't recall ever thinking "Hey bud, turn it up!"
I had a thing in traffic a couple years ago where I rolled up to a light and this lady person was blasting Foo Fighters and singing along, so I started signing along, too, and we were throwing up the horns together. Twas a hootful.

dodint

Postby dodint » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:16 pm

Source of the post Ever notice the people blasting music out of their open car windows are never listening to anything good? I can't recall ever thinking "Hey bud, turn it up!"
I generally don't have much of a problem with hearing music from cars, as I do it every once in a while myself. But when you can hear the music from a block away, or the bass is shaking bolts loose, that's too far.
Yeah, I don't care either, I just roll up my window if it's bothersome. Just saying there is a correlation between people that think it's okay to share their music with everyone and people that have shitty taste in music.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:29 pm

Are we the same person?
We are! :fist:
:fist:

Silentom

Postby Silentom » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:02 pm

Get a room you bundles of sticks.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:16 pm

Right after you and dodint...

dodint

Postby dodint » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:24 pm

Speaking of, pride parade today...

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:14 pm

I am a music fanatic, so I love playing it loud. The sound system is actually a factor in the car I'm going to drive. I tend to be respectful with the sound, but I turned onto my street the other day playing Powderfinger somewhat loud and my neighbor down the street looked over and yelled "YEAH NEIL!" :lol:

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:19 pm

In that case, keep your windows closed.