You know what really grinds my gears...

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Sun May 06, 2018 9:38 am

Kris Letang.
I think we should censor his name. It's so foul.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Sun May 06, 2018 10:02 am

I think we should censor his name. It's so foul.
Seconded.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Sun May 06, 2018 11:20 am

Kris Letang.
smh

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Sun May 06, 2018 11:50 am

Kris Letang.
smh
Sweet, a twofer.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Thu May 24, 2018 7:07 am

For once, Amazon. My daughter's Kindle Fire is in airplane mode nearly full time. All of her apps where showing 'license expired' messages - even the paid ones - and Amazon has only two resolutions for it: turn on wifi and open each app individually, or clear all App Store data (resetting all settings, etc.). Both are **** options. The kicker is that this has nothing to do with any licenses. Amazon is just forcing the device to connect to the home server to obtain data, that's it.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Wed May 30, 2018 8:09 am

When food boxes don’t have a discernible side to open them from. I’m looking at you most frozen breakfast foods

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Thu May 31, 2018 1:34 pm

My company bought some plastic tumblers with the company logo on them and distributed them to everyone as a "hey, keep up the good work!" kind of thing. I usually bring my own from home with coffee in it and then rinse it and put ice water in it the rest of the day. Had a slow start this morning (thanks child of mine for pooping through all your clothes...) so I didn't have my coffee or tumbler in the morning. Decided to fill the one my company gave me with ice and water, and got back to my desk...

Here's the annoying part. It has a hole for drinking out of and then a hole for venting. The two are separated the exact distance from my mouth and the tip of my nose plus the shape of the lid is such that the vent hole is elevated, so when I tilt the tumbler to take a drink my nose fits pretty much perfectly over the vent hole, so no water comes out. Who in the hell designed these things?

dodint

Postby dodint » Thu May 31, 2018 1:36 pm

Same exact thing happens with my Pens tumbler. :(

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Thu May 31, 2018 1:36 pm

Does your last name end with "stein"?

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Thu May 31, 2018 1:38 pm

There has not been a single time in my entire life that I've been told I have a large nose.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Thu May 31, 2018 1:41 pm

Then the only logical answer is Lord Voldemort.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Thu May 31, 2018 2:53 pm

Tilt your head back another millimeter

Do I have to solve everything around here?

mikey

Postby mikey » Thu May 31, 2018 3:01 pm

Yeah, I was thinking that too...and then just assumed I didn't understand the problem given how easy the solution seemed...I have a pretty sizable schnoz and this is not a problem for me...

count2infinity

Postby count2infinity » Thu May 31, 2018 3:49 pm

My easy go around: throw that sh*t in the garbage. If it's not easy for me to drink out of it, it can rot in a landfill.

dodint

Postby dodint » Thu May 31, 2018 6:09 pm

These people; I hate them.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/d ... 0-calories
Hello! I estimated the calories in the burger I ate today (large size square BurgerBun, grilled chicken breast, a couple of tomato slices, lettuce slice and pickles), the result came at 295 calories. I think this is low for a burger, what do you guys think?
It's a chicken sandwich you f**kstick.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Thu May 31, 2018 6:15 pm

How many calories in a f**kstick?

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Thu May 31, 2018 6:16 pm

Is that person British? I once watched a BBC documentary on the operations of Kentucky Fried Chicken in the UK (which as an aside was a pretty interesting show), and I was immediately confused by the fact that multiple people kept referring to KFC selling "burgers" or being a "burger shop." I eventually realized that the Brits seemingly call anything on a bun a "burger" regardless of the type of meat.

the wicked child

Postby the wicked child » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:16 am

You mean like people that call anything inside a bread product sandwiches? :pop:

Silentom

Postby Silentom » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:39 am

You mean like people that call anything inside a bread product sandwiches? :pop:

Spangler
Location: Spangler the t-shirt; Spangler the lunchbox; Spangler the flamethrower!

Postby Spangler » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:52 am

I was watching the documentary on Czech Republics win at the Nagano Olympics, which had a lot of white subtitles on white backgrounds. Like 90% of the time it showed up it was over gameplay with the white ice.

Come ON man.

count2infinity

Postby count2infinity » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:01 pm

Was cooking dinner tonight, took the lamb shank that I had braising out to check it... still wasn't tender after the few hours it was in the oven, and the wife was getting hangry. To be fair, I was getting pretty hungry too, so I figured I'd let the meat keep cooking and we'd have it tomorrow and I'd run and grab something quick for dinner. Wife really wanted BK. K... I can do that.

So the annoying part: I get there, figure I'd go inside because no one is around and I had a coupon that I wanted to use. There's two ladies in front of me. One hands the cashier a coupon and says "Okay, if I get that Large instead, how much more will that cost me?" guy answers, "Okay, what about medium?" guy answers, "okay, I'll take that, small, and I want mayo on both sides of the bun, I want pickles on both sides of the burger patty, and no tomato." The guy rings it in and the people in the back start making it, and it's up and ready by the time she has her money ready to go because of course she's counting out exact change, mostly in pennies.

"Ya know what, I want to use this coupon instead..."

"Same with the mayo and pickles please, and how much if I go with a large?" jfc... so the people wait until she pays and then start making her sandwich while her buddy starts ordering. Her friend is just as demanding with just as many questions, and while she's mid interrogation of the cashier on large upgrade pricing, she demands her cup for her drink. This breaks her friend's concentration and she has to start her line of questioning over again.

They finally both pay, and the one ladies food has been sitting there for a few minutes. She walks up and touches a french fry... "uhhh, no. These are cold. Fresh please." The cashier goes back and asks they remake her stuff for her. Then comes over to me, let's out a huge sigh and smiles "how may I help you?" I just hand him a coupon I have, and say "this is it. thanks." He smiles and thanks me. I got my food before the two pitas and as I'm walking out the door I hear them harassing the staff because I was behind them in line but got my food first. All sorts of wow tonight at BK.

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:04 am

Wife thought the taco beef was bad at a grad party we attended uesterday.

At 3:15 his morning I discovered she was correct.

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:11 pm

Direct violation this morning. Three urinal set-up at work... dude in the middle urinal.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:27 pm

The penalty for that should be forcing them to hold onto those urinal handlebars.

count2infinity

Postby count2infinity » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:09 pm

Why do I have to be the one to go and check if there's a murderer in the middle of the night? My wife is the one that heard the noise... shouldn't she have to go check?

We were watching Evil Genius on Saturday night (first episode was really interesting btw...), and it got my wife all freaked out, and at 3 AM she hears what she thought was the creaky floor downstairs. She immediately wakes me up and tells me to go check. I try explaining that we have two dogs that bark non-stop when the neighbors so much as close a car door. One is on the couch, one is in our bedroom. If there was someone coming to get us, we'd have dogs barking long before they got to us. No dice... I go down, I walk around the downstairs, come back up, everything's good. :sigh: I suppose there are worse things in life.