You know what really grinds my gears...

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:29 am

And yet several times this year, they’ve told us to keep items that we’ve wanted to return. Not broken or damaged, just didn’t fit or was the wrong color. They send out a replacement, and tell us not to ship the original back.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:42 am

Yeah, this was the first time they’ve ever asked me to just return it. It was a $25 order, too, so nothing expensive.

robbiestoupe

Postby robbiestoupe » Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:00 pm

I ordered a projector screen last Sunday. It was due Tuesday but never showed up. So Amazon sent me a replacement but it won’t arrive until Wednesday.

Meanwhile, the first order was two day shipping and this is going to take 5 days?

They want me to return the first unit if it shows up, but I’m mulling keeping it. USPS is still tracking it as coming

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:48 pm

I ordered a projector screen last Sunday. It was due Tuesday but never showed up. So Amazon sent me a replacement but it won’t arrive until Wednesday.

Meanwhile, the first order was two day shipping and this is going to take 5 days?

They want me to return the first unit if it shows up, but I’m mulling keeping it. USPS is still tracking it as coming
Amazon has tried to pull that with me in the past. I’ve been pretty good about them upgrading it back to 2nd day after chatting with them. If it has already shipped, they usually throw $5-10 into an Amazon GC for me.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:25 pm

I ordered some smart bulbs, the seller sent me the wrong type (E12 rather than GU10). When I went to submit my claim through the Amazon website that guides you through it, they were telling me that I’d have to send the ones I received back

Maybe I’m an entitled person but I figured no way, I’m not going to inconvenience myself because the seller made a mistake. So I started a chat with an Amazon rep and they didn’t even mention returning the bulbs I was sent while also refunding my original order (they were out of stock of the bulbs I ordered)

I’m glad that that was the resolution but it’s weird how submitting a claim through the order page has different expectations for the consumer than a live chat

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:27 pm

It depends on the specifics of the order (seller and shipper). I don’t mind returning items, but they wanted me to drop off this return at my local Kohl’s - lolno. It was a quick chat to get them to change it to a UPS pickup at my house.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:04 pm

I love my siblings and their children

That said, I cannot stand when one of my siblings start a video call with me or with the family I’m with and they walk away and leave their kid on the screen. The kid has at most a lukewarm interesting in communicating and usually just does their own thing, ultimately wasting my time

shoeshine boy

Postby shoeshine boy » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:11 am

when the donut shop puts my frosted donut in the bag upside down causing all the frosting to stick to the bottom of the bag. :thumbdown:
Last edited by shoeshine boy on Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:13 am

That's the worst.

Are you near the famous Krispy Kreme that burned down in Atlanta? The Atlanta Journal-Constitution disabled their paywall for coverage on that fire! :lol:

shoeshine boy

Postby shoeshine boy » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:17 am

That's the worst.

Are you near the famous Krispy Kreme that burned down in Atlanta? The Atlanta Journal-Constitution disabled their paywall for coverage on that fire! :lol:
it's maybe 10 minutes from my house. my parents used to take me there as a child since it was on our way to church. my siblings and I would stand outside and watch the donuts go through on the conveyor belt and through the curtain of glaze. :)

fun fact: one of my friends lived across the street for about 15 years before moving 3 years ago. I once asked her, "do you get tired of smelling donuts all the time?" she replied, "no but I can tell when it's jelly." :lol:

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:29 am

when the donut shop puts my frosted donut in the bag upside down causing all the frosting to stick to the bottom of the bag. :thumbdown:
Rookie move. Always order six so they box them

robbiestoupe

Postby robbiestoupe » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:02 am

Rookie move. Always order six so they box them
Reminds me of the Jim Gaffigan joke:

"Hello, I would like a donut"

"One donut, that'll be $2"

"$2! That's crazy! How much is a dozen?"

"That'll be a nickel"

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:42 pm

One of the problems with buying used books especially those dealing in philosophy is that far too often they were picked up by grad students who must have failed the class.

It's distracting when you're trying to pay attention to the author's argument and the handwritten notes are completely wrong.

dodint

Postby dodint » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:43 pm

Hah. I used to take pictures of the notes left in some of my law books. They were something else. :lol:

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:03 pm

What is up with Amazon shipping lately? I placed 2 orders on Sat. The earliest they could be delivered (this was everything in the store) was Sat the 20th. I placed an order on Sunday and it's going to be here tomorrow. I placed 2 orders this morning which are supposed to be here Weds. Now I go to place another order and suddenly nothing in the store can be delivered before Sat again.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:05 pm

What is up with Amazon shipping lately? I placed 2 orders on Sat. The earliest they could be delivered (this was everything in the store) was Sat the 20th. I placed an order on Sunday and it's going to be here tomorrow. I placed 2 orders this morning which are supposed to be here Weds. Now I go to place another order and suddenly nothing in the store can be delivered before Sat again.
Who is the shipper? Everything coming USPS is crazy slow right now. My daughter just received her birthday card last week, which was mailed on December 18th in Kansas.

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:08 pm

This isn't even for items that have shipped. For me, literally every single thing on Amazon is currently showing it won't be delivered until Saturday.

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:25 pm

That could be the big ice storm slowing down shipping times (proactively). Plus the normal USPS lethargy.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:31 pm

Last week I ordered from Amazon (I'm a prime member) on a Tuesday and it initially said Saturday delivery but then it showed up on Thursday. It did note something about USPS delays when I ordered.

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:46 pm

That could be the big ice storm slowing down shipping times (proactively). Plus the normal USPS lethargy.
It still doesn't make sense. Everything I looked at this morning/early afternoon said delivery Wednesday. After 6pm, everything is delivery Saturday.

And, as I mentioned, Saturday afternoon, everything had a delivery date of the following Saturday. Sunday everything I looked at was back to delivery Tuesday. Items I ordered Sat are scheduled to be delivered on the 20th, yet items I ordered Sunday will be here tomorrow and items I ordered this morning will arrive Weds. And everything is fulfilled by zon. It's not a huge deal, just weird and random.

the wicked child

Postby the wicked child » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:01 pm

It still doesn't make sense. Everything I looked at this morning/early afternoon said delivery Wednesday. After 6pm, everything is delivery Saturday.

And, as I mentioned, Saturday afternoon, everything had a delivery date of the following Saturday. Sunday everything I looked at was back to delivery Tuesday. Items I ordered Sat are scheduled to be delivered on the 20th, yet items I ordered Sunday will be here tomorrow and items I ordered this morning will arrive Weds. And everything is fulfilled by zon. It's not a huge deal, just weird and random.
Could also have to do with where the items are physically located. If they are sitting in a nearby warehouse they are going to arrive faster than if they are across the country.

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:03 pm

Could also have to do with where the items are physically located. If they are sitting in a nearby warehouse they are going to arrive faster than if they are across the country.
It's literally everything though. Needle nose pliers, blu rays, bird seed, dog treats, batteries. So odd.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:13 am

Maybe no delivery company wants to go to Somerset more than once per week...

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:37 am

And who could blame them?

In a new annoyance, my retired neighbor who goes nowhere decided to scrape his walkway with a plastic shovel at 6am. That wouldn't be bad aside from the fact that I go to bed at 2.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:01 am

And who could blame them?

In a new annoyance, my retired neighbor who goes nowhere decided to scrape his walkway with a plastic shovel at 6am. That wouldn't be bad aside from the fact that I go to bed at 2.
I could understand somebody who needs to get out of their house early shoveling at early, but somebody who is retired? **** that ****. That's dadhole level stuff right there. I won't even start my lawnmower before 9am.