You know what really grinds my gears...

dodint

Postby dodint » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:18 pm

*whistles*

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:36 pm

Would you want to be judged by 12 people that had the time and inclination to volunteer for jury duty?
Do you want your country protected by people that had the time and inclination to volunteer for military service?

#reinstatethedraft #mandatoryservice

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:07 pm

That's one of the loopiest...... that can't be a serious comment.

dodint

Postby dodint » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:10 pm

Yeah. I discounted it as satire and walked away. :lol:

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:48 am

Canadian drivers can **** off. I don't know if they get confused by the KPH to MPH or what, but anytime I see a Canadian license plate on the highway I expect stupidity and am always right. Driving slower than ****, sitting in blind spots, parking their ass in the left lane while going the same speed as the cars in the lane next to them. **** OFF CANADIAN DRIVERS.

Now a little bit of topic cross-posting...
I've been experimenting with some new recipes since my wife is uber-pregnant now. I've always done a good share of the cooking (at least 50%), but trying some new things to get some keepers for after the baby comes. Both of these recipes are nothing fancy, but have been very solid.

Please ignore the annoying Mommy Blog bullsht.

https://www.saltandlavender.com/creamy-garlic-chicken/

https://whatsgabycooking.com/parmesan-roasted-potatoes/
WHY DOES EVERY GOD DAMN RECIPE ON THE INTERNET HAVE TO BE BURIED AT THE END OF A **** MOMMY BLOG POST? I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR DUMBASS "DEAR HUBBY" OR YOUR PICKY KIDS OR YOU FAKE ASS LIFE OR YOUR MOTHER'S FAVORITE BIRTHDAY MEAL OR THAT YOU GRADUATED FROM THE MARTHA STEWART SCHOOL OF ADJECTIVE USE OR YOUR LOVE OF EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!!!!!!! OR YOUR FAMILY VACAY TO THE BEACH OR YOUR FRIEND'S KID WITH AUTISM OR YOUR EMBARASSMENT OF A SON WHO CAN'T HIT THE BALL OFF A TEE BUT YOU STILL LOVE HIM AND ARE OH SO PROUD OF HIM ANYWAYS OR YOUR "MIRACLE BABY" WHO WAS CONCEVIED DESPITE YOUR HUSBAND BEING SNIPPED BUT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR GIRLS TRIP TO ARUBA OR HOW YOUR BELOVED GRAMMY ORIGINALLY TAUGHT YOU THIS RECIPE BUT YOU MODIFIED IT BECAUSE YOU'RE TRYING TO GET THE FAMILY TO GO FULL FREEGAN VEGAN OR HOW YOU GREW THIS **** IN YOUR GARDEN OR YOUR MEMORIES OF HOOKING UP WITH SOME VAGRANT MUSICIAN WHILE HITCHIKING ACROSS EUROPE ON YOUR GAP YEAR AND NOW EVERYTIME YOU HAVE PAELLA YOU FEEL A TINGLE OR ANYTHING ELSE IN YOUR LIFE YOU BORED NTP66. **** OFF. POST THE RECIPE, POST A GOD DAMN PICTURE, AND SAY IF IT WAS GOOD.
Last edited by Dickie Dunn on Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kane

Postby Kane » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:51 am

dodint

Postby dodint » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:54 am

Yes!

Long ass post. Finally gets to the recipe. Then the comments section is people complaining/praising the recipe but noting they changed 5 of the 7 ingredients to make it fit their fad diet. **** I hate the internet.

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:55 am

hell yes

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:00 am

Yes!

Long ass post. Finally gets to the recipe. Then the comments section is people complaining/praising the recipe but noting they changed 5 of the 7 ingredients to make it fit their fad diet. **** I hate the internet.
Hahaha the best is the complainers that give it 2 stars out of 5 and note they changed half he ingredients. Dinguses

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:33 am

Yes!

Hahaha the best is the complainers that give it 2 stars out of 5 and note they changed half he ingredients. Dinguses
"I know your World's BEST Mac and Cheese called for 6 cups of three varieties of cheese but all I had was a half eaten block of Velveeta that I wanted to use up before it grew more mold. I also swapped whole milk and whipping cream for skim milk, didn't have any breadcrumbs, used angel hair instead of elbow macaroni, and hate all forms of added seasoning. I followed your recipe EXACTLY but thought the pasta was overcooked and thought the cheese sauce was lacking in both quantity and flavor. I'll be sticking with Kraft. 1 out of 5."

**** OFF LADY

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:34 am

My man.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:38 am

I would like to see a Venn diagram of the posters here mocking the change-the-ingredients-then-moan-about-the-recipe people and the folks in the cooking thread making fun of the shouty Italian chef.

the wicked child

Postby the wicked child » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:39 am

DD bringing the heat. I hate that ****.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:41 am

I would like to see a Venn diagram of the posters here mocking the change-the-ingredients-then-moan-about-the-recipe people and the folks in the cooking thread making fun of the shouty Italian chef.
Your version of The Good Place will serve you nothing but pineapple paella.

dodint

Postby dodint » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:04 pm

Those of us scouring mommy blogs for mac and cheese recipes are not operating in the shouty Italian chef arena, fam. We seek those recipes because they're the paint-by-numbers of cooking and the jagoffs in the comments are changing the numbers then complaining that it came out wrong.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:20 pm

Man @Dickie Dunn....that brought a damn tear to my eye. Completely agree. A lot of times I gravitate to those recipes because they are relatively easy and I can do them while I am playing with my daughter in the other room. And more often than not, they are pretty damn good.
Those of us scouring mommy blogs for mac and cheese recipes are not operating in the shouty Italian chef arena, fam. We seek those recipes because they're the paint-by-numbers of cooking and the jagoffs in the comments are changing the numbers then complaining that it came out wrong.
Yessssss

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:42 pm

So, to paraphrase........

Those scouring mommy blogs for recipes, changing them and then complaining about them: Get bent, hosers

Those scouring mommy blogs for recipes, and then complaining about mommy blog posts: CAMPIONI DEL MONDO

dodint

Postby dodint » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:46 pm

Yes!

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:48 pm

Me, from 11/2017:
Searching for a recipe and then having to scroll through twelve paragraphs about how the person's mee-maw passed down the recipe from generation to generation while inspiring the kids to love what they bake. Now your recipe gets a 1 star review no matter how good it is.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:05 pm

Your post was only a 2.7/10 on the DD scale

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:06 pm

A fact I am not arguing.

Sam's Drunk Dog

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:44 pm

New York drivers seem to have a lot in common with the Canucks then.

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:45 pm

WHY DOES EVERY GOD DAMN RECIPE ON THE INTERNET HAVE TO BE BURIED AT THE END OF A **** MOMMY BLOG POST? I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR DUMBASS "DEAR HUBBY" OR YOUR PICKY KIDS OR YOU FAKE ASS LIFE OR YOUR MOTHER'S FAVORITE BIRTHDAY MEAL OR THAT YOU GRADUATED FROM THE MARTHA STEWART SCHOOL OF ADJECTIVE USE OR YOUR LOVE OF EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!!!!!!! OR YOUR FAMILY VACAY TO THE BEACH OR YOUR FRIEND'S KID WITH AUTISM OR YOUR EMBARASSMENT OF A SON WHO CAN'T HIT THE BALL OFF A TEE BUT YOU STILL LOVE HIM AND ARE OH SO PROUD OF HIM ANYWAYS OR YOUR "MIRACLE BABY" WHO WAS CONCEVIED DESPITE YOUR HUSBAND BEING SNIPPED BUT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR GIRLS TRIP TO ARUBA OR HOW YOUR BELOVED GRAMMY ORIGINALLY TAUGHT YOU THIS RECIPE BUT YOU MODIFIED IT BECAUSE YOU'RE TRYING TO GET THE FAMILY TO GO FULL FREEGAN VEGAN OR HOW YOU GREW THIS **** IN YOUR GARDEN OR YOUR MEMORIES OF HOOKING UP WITH SOME VAGRANT MUSICIAN WHILE HITCHIKING ACROSS EUROPE ON YOUR GAP YEAR AND NOW EVERYTIME YOU HAVE PAELLA YOU FEEL A TINGLE OR ANYTHING ELSE IN YOUR LIFE YOU BORED NTP66. **** OFF. POST THE RECIPE, POST A GOD DAMN PICTURE, AND SAY IF IT WAS GOOD.

It's… it's beautiful.

:thumb:

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Postby LITT » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:50 am

'username' v 'email' to log in - are we not at the point in time where these two are synonymous? i cant **** remember if its username = email without @gmail.com or username = email or username = FelipeTheHumanBurrito - can't everything just be email? wtf internet

dodint

Postby dodint » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:01 pm

It takes my wife over 20 minutes to change out of scrubs for some reason right now. We have a 500mi drive ahead of us. No, it's okay, take your time.