You know what really grinds my gears...

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:12 pm

My mom bought my kids an above ground pool.

I spent all day putting it together.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:11 pm

I've seen plenty of other pictures, but I absolutely loathe how so many people treat the Earth as their personal dump. I go into a nearly blind rage when someone in front of me throws something out the window. The idea of throwing trash out my window is so abhorrent to me, yet so many people do it. So many pictures of Mount Everest are ruined by all of the yellow tents and trash everywhere.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mount-everes ... 48000.html

FlyEaglesFly

Postby FlyEaglesFly » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:31 pm

I've seen plenty of other pictures, but I absolutely loathe how so many people treat the Earth as their personal dump. I go into a nearly blind rage when someone in front of me throws something out the window. The idea of throwing trash out my window is so abhorrent to me, yet so many people do it. So many pictures of Mount Everest are ruined by all of the yellow tents and trash everywhere.

Leave No Trace... (LNT)

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Postby iamjs » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:21 pm

When did Kenny Chesney play Mt. Everest?

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:03 am

Saw a very topical post from my old local VFD last night.
These couches were illegally dumped on our access road for a primary emergency water fill site below the Kettle Reservoir along Kettle Road. This occurred sometime between late Saturday night (6/16) and early Sunday morning (6/17). This area needs to be kept cleared to give our apparatus room to maneuver to gain access to the water source at the bridge. Please be vigilant when people are parked in this location. With no hydrants in our community, these water sites are extremely important when it comes to saving property in our area.
The best part is, several people identified the couches in the comments thread that followed because the same deadbeats tried to drop them off at a warehouse/recycling center and they were turned away, but not before giving them their address and name. Evidently the couches were also infested with bedbugs.

shoeshine boy

Postby shoeshine boy » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:28 am

totally a First World problem but.....getting food at a drive-thru and they don't give you any napkins. :x

iamjs

Postby iamjs » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:56 am

People who write the body of their email in the subject line. I told somebody at my last job that if they ever do it again, I'm just deleting their email.

They asked how did I know there if there wasn't additional info in the body of the email. My response was "one, I've seen enough of your emails to know. Two, when you sign all of your subjects "Thanks, Tammy", I can probably assume there's nothing in the rest of the email."

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:13 am

I am fortunate enough to have never had a co-worker or business associate be that stupid.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:37 pm

Kind of related, my pet peeve is when someone sends me a Forward with either no subject line or a subject that is not specific or relevant. For example, forwarding an email with the subject line "FW: Employment Application". If I am forwarding an email regarding an application for John Smith, I would change the subject line to "John Smith Application" or something.

I don't think people realize you are allowed to change subject lines on forwards.

Silentom

Postby Silentom » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:39 pm

People who call my desk phone repeatedly, instead of leaving a message on the first try. I'm not always at my desk, and if they left a message, it would be sent to my email, too.

And that is common knowledge across campus.

dodint

Postby dodint » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:44 pm

I do that.

Less so now that I work in an environment that has IM.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:26 pm

Was in line behind a lady at Trader Joe's just now, in the 15-items-or-less line. She had a shopping cart, and the sole contents were a single bunch of bananas.

iamjs

Postby iamjs » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:44 pm

People who call my desk phone repeatedly, instead of leaving a message on the first try. I'm not always at my desk, and if they left a message, it would be sent to my email, too.

And that is common knowledge across campus.
I get people who do that with my cell. They'll call 2-3x and then hit me with the "hey, I called you" either when I call them back or if I pass them in the hall. Yes, I realized that you called me when your number came up on the screen. I was on the phone and didn't feel like switching over.

Better yet, if I don't answer after the first call, there's a good chance I'm not gonna answer after the call immediately after. Maybe I'm not near my phone. Maybe my battery is dead. Maybe I saw the number but knew what a pain in the ass that person is and didn't feel like answering. But regardless of all those circumstances, the number that you're calling from is usually stored in that section called Recent Calls. Even if it's a ring out number (sorry, forget the actual term for it) or if it shows up as a Restricted, leave your number and maybe I'll call back.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:04 am

when people at work comment on the fact that I got a haircut. It's usually nothing more than "nice haircut"

I don't really see the point of it. I understand that they're trying to compliment it but idk, just seems like odd forced conversation

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:08 am

I always reply "I got them all cut" :lol: cheap laughs every time.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:09 am

That's an odd one...

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:12 am

Grade A dad joke right there.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:17 am

I do the same.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:18 am

Grade A dad joke right there.
Got another for ya. What do you call a chameleon that can't change colors?
A reptile dysfunction.

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:37 am

...the amount of spoofed calls I've been getting for the last year or so.

I get 3-5 "local" cell phone numbers calls per day, all selling timeshares, cruises, or solar panels. Evidently, my phone number gets spoofed because I then get 2-3 calls per week with yokels returning a missed call or getting angry with me about calling them all the time.

So, I've basically stopped answering the phone unless I'm expecting a call or from one of my contacts.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:39 am

...the amount of spoofed calls I've been getting for the last year or so.

I get 3-5 "local" cell phone numbers calls per day, all selling timeshares, cruises, or solar panels. Evidently, my phone number gets spoofed because I then get 2-3 calls per week with yokels returning a missed call or getting angry with me about calling them all the time.

So, I've basically stopped answering the phone unless I'm expecting a call or from one of my contacts.
I'm in the same boat. I used to never get spam calls on my cell phone, but now get them almost daily. On my home phone, I would guess that I have over 100 phone numbers already blocked.

robbiestoupe

Postby robbiestoupe » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:40 am

Source of the post I've basically stopped answering the phone unless I'm expecting a call or from one of my contacts.
I've been this way since caller ID has been a part of phones

the wicked child

Postby the wicked child » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:23 am

I never answer the phone unless it's someone I recognize. If it's important, they'll leave a message and I can call back. But they never do.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:19 am

Source of the post I've basically stopped answering the phone unless I'm expecting a call or from one of my contacts.
Same here.

Every day - at a little after 9 am, and a little before 4 pm - I get a call from a 657 number. I tried to Google it, but it just comes up as a scam call with no details.

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:19 am

Same here.

Every day - at a little after 9 am, and a little before 4 pm - I get a call from a 657 number. I tried to Google it, but it just comes up as a scam call with no details.
why dont you add it to your block list