You know what really grinds my gears...

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:40 am

When people text you just a greeting. “Morning Sir” is one I got today. Just tell me what you need and when I see the text I can respond. Now it is 45 minutes after you texted me and we are that much farther from you getting your question answered.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:06 pm

Agreed. I'd prefer if people don't say Hey and just say what they wanted to say.

Hey implies you're asking me if I'm there. It's my cellphone, I'm always there.

mikey

Postby mikey » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:47 pm

UPS (the actual company...not the university of ill rapport here)...starting over: UPS' website is dog mess. I'm a pretty strong computer user, but their site is just difficult to navigate...you go through these endless log-in cycles...you have to sign up for everything it seems like...the links in your e-mail notifications aren't terribly intuitive...it's just a poor UX and they should feel bad...

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:51 pm

UPS (the actual company...not the university of ill rapport here)...starting over: UPS' website is dog mess. I'm a pretty strong computer user, but their site is just difficult to navigate...you go through these endless log-in cycles...you have to sign up for everything it seems like...the links in your e-mail notifications aren't terribly intuitive...it's just a poor UX and they should feel bad...
Not surprising. Ive worked for them, and judging by the people running the warehouses, its a miracle they get anything accomplished. If youve ever had an order screwed up that they delivered, 99% chance the f*** up occurred while UPS had ahold of it.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:42 am

People who wait until the last 10' to get into the left turning lane, and wind up never completely in the lane. You've had 100' of dedicated turning lane to move over, so why are you so dumb?

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:35 am

“I got blocked on twitter by <x>.”

Congrats on being that big a d-bag I guess? Nobody cares.
Last edited by RonnieFranchise on Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:37 am

“I got blocked on twitter by <x>.”

Congrats on being that big a d-bag. Nobody cares.
This x10000.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:42 am

Jesus, this must be a theme this year... USPS just notified me that they have apparently lost the third package of mine in as many weeks.

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:47 am

mikey

Postby mikey » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:36 am

Went back to the UPS site this morning...it now asks me to pick a language (?)...we've been dealing in English the entire time, did you think I learned a new one this week...?

Anyway, the first choice is "Afghanistan English" ...kiss my dick...

dodint

Postby dodint » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:11 am

:lol:

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:17 am

People who wait until the last 10' to get into the left turning lane, and wind up never completely in the lane. You've had 100' of dedicated turning lane to move over, so why are you so dumb?
oooooh this one is excellent. I hate these jerks. I also hate jerks that, while in said lane, are 30 feet behind the car in front of them. I also hate people that don't use their headlights when it's dark and pouring rain...that actually might be worst of all. Saw a ton of that this morning.

shoeshine boy

Postby shoeshine boy » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:46 am

I recently bought a jacket from Columbia. the tracking went off the rails somewhere in Illinois. I was convinced it was lost so I ordered another jacket from Amazon because I needed it for a trip last week (I ordered it the day after Christmas) and 2 days before my trip the original jacket shows up in a box with a return address of the last place UPS tracked it. clearly the packaging got damaged but you'd think they could update me with the new tracking number! :x

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:01 pm

I recently bought a jacket from Columbia. the tracking went off the rails somewhere in Illinois. I was convinced it was lost so I ordered another jacket from Amazon because I needed it for a trip last week (I ordered it the day after Christmas) and 2 days before my trip the original jacket shows up in a box with a return address of the last place UPS tracked it. clearly the packaging got damaged but you'd think they could update me with the new tracking number! :x
pls confirm @columbia

columbia

Postby columbia » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:01 pm

I shipped that and am absolved of all responsibility.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:47 pm

Had a check returned to my department by USPS because they couldn't find a mail receptacle for the person's house.

A quick Google Maps search shows that, indeed, this person has a mailbox front and center next to their driveway.

Guess they'll hire anyone these days l, huh?

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:53 pm

Had a check returned to my department by USPS because they couldn't find a mail receptacle for the person's house.

A quick Google Maps search shows that, indeed, this person has a mailbox front and center next to their driveway.

Guess they'll hire anyone these days l, huh?
Plows could've taken out the mailbox since that photo was taken.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:03 pm

With the way the box was situated, if someone took it out while plowing, they should have their license revoked, because it was not even close to being in a danger zone.

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:04 pm

Just a guess. Nevermind.

shoeshine boy

Postby shoeshine boy » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:56 am

absolutely. now the poster known as @UPS is completely to blame..... :slug:

columbia

Postby columbia » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:57 am

absolutely. now the poster known as @UPS is completely to blame..... :slug:

:lol: :fist:

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:24 pm

oooooh this one is excellent. I hate these jerks. I also hate jerks that, while in said lane, are 30 feet behind the car in front of them. I also hate people that don't use their headlights when it's dark and pouring rain...that actually might be worst of all. Saw a ton of that this morning.
The left turn lane thing is a huge annoyance.

Silentom

Postby Silentom » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:29 am

I must have slept awkwardly at some point last night. I get a twinge when I angle my neck 45° to the left.

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:53 am

I've had that so bad it's taken three days to correct. The worst!

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Postby LITT » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:07 pm

typos in text messages

i am supposed to be a forensic nonsensical text decipherer; however, if i put 'hit' instead of 'hot' its like the other 28 words in the text message make no sense. use your context clues people