dodint

You know what really grinds my gears...

Postby dodint » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:20 am

*grumble*

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:09 am

Trying to smash that last sliver of a bar of soap to a new bar.

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:31 am

Today, and yesterday.

I've woken up with a terrible case of 'f off, world.' No particular reason, I just want to spend the day punching kittens and slapping babies. I need to break out of this rut or it's going to be a long winter.
Seasonal
Affective
Disorder

Hit me hard the last two weeks, but with Star Wars, my son's birthday and Xmas, I'm starting to turn the corner a bit.

Good luck.

ExPatriatePen

Postby ExPatriatePen » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:32 am

People in a large vehicle that wait until they see the menu board before they decide what they want. You are at taco bell. They do not sell fish sandwiches. Moran. Order a burrito... With mountain dew.

Better yet, order ahead.

https://www.tacobell.com/

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:32 am

This fn' broad that works with my barber. He's semi retired and once in a while I can't get back in time from work to see him so in a pinch I'll go to her. She's cut my hair before and in fact 2 months ago did a great job. (and this was after non cutting my hair in about 4 years) So this time figure hell, dont worry moving schedule around just go to her again on a saturday morning. She cuts it completely different than she did 2 months ago. Its like the sides and back are almost the same length as the top. I like to have a combable/style-able length on top, with it shaved down around the sides and back. If you don't see me every single day you'd have no idea I just had a haircut 3 days ago. I'm almost tempted to just go to any salon and say I dont want a single thing cut, just taper it closer on the sides and back but I'm sure they'll F it up worse. I like to at least be clean cut for a week or two before it starts hanging over my ears again but I guess a woman who's cut hair for 20 years doesn't think its needed.

dodint

Postby dodint » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:55 am

Source of the post Seasonal
Affective
Disorder

Hit me hard the last two weeks, but with Star Wars, my son's birthday and Xmas, I'm starting to turn the corner a bit.

Good luck.
I think it's the prolonged 'fall' in that we keep shifting from 60F down to 30F and back. It's taken the cyclical nature of seasons and completely shat on it.

It's really just a matter of parts being greater than the whole. Lots of little annoyances lately adding up. My wife's car wreck isn't helping as now the insurance companies are doing the blame thing. Just, blah. I find myself looking to mid-January when all of this crap will be done and settled. No holidays, birthdays, car accident mess, etc.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:15 pm

Coffee is the only beverage that is delicious hot, and delicious ice cold, and absolutely non-potable lukewarm.

mikey

Postby mikey » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:02 pm

Tomato soup.
Is soup a beverage...?

Silentom

Postby Silentom » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:05 pm

It's a stew.

PFiDC

Postby PFiDC » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:19 pm

I heard its a cereal

ExPatriatePen

Postby ExPatriatePen » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:36 pm

It's a sandwich
It's what's for lunch

the wicked child

Postby the wicked child » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:35 pm

When you get Chinese food and the ratio of veggies you like to those you don't is significantly skewed unfavorably.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:53 pm

I heard its a cereal
What if it was a dog ?

Factorial

Postby Factorial » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:57 pm

I heard its a cereal
What if it was a dog ?

dodint

Postby dodint » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:57 pm

I wish you could block posts based on text strings.

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:01 pm

Has Amazon been sucking for anyone else lately? I ordered envelopes for Christmas cards Monday morning and when I received the order confirmation, it listed the delivery date as today instead of Weds. I let it go though, figuring 1 extra day was no big deal. Of course, it's now Thursday, the day they were guaranteed to be delivered and they still haven't shipped out yet. I got on chat and asked what was the use of paying for a Prime acct. if it isn't here in two days. The guy in chat said they were shipping from VA which was "only 4 hours away" from me so they'd still be here today. Yeah, right.

Also, this morning I ordered some Christmas gifts assuming they'd be here Monday. Well, they're now listed as being delivered Tuesday. It seems like at least 50% of what I've ordered in the last month hasn't been here within 2 days after ordering and it's really getting annoying.

dodint

Postby dodint » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:05 pm

I ordered two of an item from Amazon last week. The item is heavy, 25lbs. They had two different shipping dates for some reason, but I don't need them until Christmas so I didn't care. First one comes in a box beat to hell, completely mangled. The item is loose, unwrapped, just tearing the box apart. Second one comes a few days later in a reinforced box packed with material. Really strange. The items were Amazon Exclusive items, not 3rd party.

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:09 pm

I've had that too. Lots of DVDs are coming in boxes not shrink-wrapped. I sort of expect that this time of year, even though it sucks.

I don't think there's any excuse for items that are listed as being in stock aren't shipping out the same day (when I order well before noon, not at like 7pm) and not coming in 2 business days.

dodint

Postby dodint » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:33 pm

Agreed.

I've shared it here before, but my favorite Amazon shipping story is them putting a loose copy of NHL14 in a big box with a garden hose. They offered to send another for free.

What really pissed me off lately was that I ordered expedited shipping for something and the seller sent it UPS SmartPost, which is when UPS gives it to the Post Office. I actually complained on that one.

PFiDC

Postby PFiDC » Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:12 am

When people send brag Christmas card letters.
...Jimmy is doing well at Harvard. Thankfully Grandpa was able to get him in. The family took a 4 week vacation around Europe again this year. I think we've seen the entire continent and will try something new next year. Maybe Mars. Missy was named head cheerleader again! We are so proud of her!...

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:19 am

...Jimmy is doing well at Harvard. Thankfully Grandpa was able to get him in. The family took a 4 week vacation around Europe again this year. I think we've seen the entire continent and will try something new next year. Maybe Mars. Missy was named head cheerleader again! We are so proud of her!...
I always wonder what they don't tell you... for instance, Tom Segura describing how every family has stupid (skip to 4:20... some NSFW language):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjZuTYXoIR8

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:00 am

I'm noticing more websites aren't allowing me to access their sites while using Adblocker. Forbes is the latest. I hope this isn't a trend that catches on.

columbia

Postby columbia » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:10 am

I'm noticing more websites aren't allowing me to access their sites while using Adblocker. Forbes is the latest. I hope this isn't a trend that catches on.
@Kicksave :pop:

Kicksave

Postby Kicksave » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:51 pm

@Kicksave :pop:
...can I do that?

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:03 pm

:fist: