You know what really grinds my gears...

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:27 am

I hope honey boo boo moves into meow's hood, is elected board president, and then proceeds to show him why most HOAs are trash.

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:05 pm

Any digital-music vendor that does not offer a "buy entire discography" option for every artist. Bandcamp comes closest, because it does offer than option for certain artists (I believe it's likely set by each artist), but I'm not aware of any other store that does so. Why would a store not want to make it easier for customers to execute larger and more profitable purchases all at once?

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:44 pm

That sounds more like a response to how revenue is divvied up; might be a richer pie to sell things piecemeal rather than as a package. They still want you to buy everything, just please do it a la carte so we can have, say, five transactions instead of one. (And the 'they' there could be the artists or the retailer, depending on which side benefits)

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:09 pm

In "Nonstop" from Drake, he says

"I like all the profits man I hardly do percents"

And also

"Love my brothers cut them in on everything"

Very contradictory and has bugged me for years

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:03 pm

Sweetest Day.

**** you.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:55 am

Watched a stupid NTP66 in an SUV pass a school bus stopped with their lights on this morning, only to wind up at the red light. Immediately wanted to run them into a ditch.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:46 am

Watched a stupid NTP66 in an SUV pass a school bus stopped with their lights on this morning, only to wind up at the red light. Immediately wanted to run them into a ditch.
I bought a dash cam a few months ago, and this is one of the main reasons. You can bet your ass if I had that on dashcam and had a clear view of the plate, I would be sending that to the local SP barracks.

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Postby LITT » Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:52 am

i saw this happen on my local municipal road rright outside of my neighborhood and was astounded that this actually coccurs

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:49 pm

Can the police even do anything? The driver can simply say "I wasn't driving the car that day", no? Nobody can confirm otherwise.

mikey

Postby mikey » Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:06 pm

Track who the license plate is registered to and write them a ticket.

Now, without corroborating evidence, would it hold up from an in-court challenge...? Maybe, maybe not.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:08 pm

Can the police even do anything? The driver can simply say "I wasn't driving the car that day", no? Nobody can confirm otherwise.
How do parking tickets work?

dodint

Postby dodint » Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:08 pm

Someone hit my van this morning (just the mirror) when I was in it while street parked. I waited for them to come back but they didn't. I was due at the court house so I left after about 6-7 minutes.

The guy came back sometime while I was at court and left a note on my car saying he was going to call the cops for hit and run. He came back to where he struck my vehicle and is threatening...hit and run. After they fled...and found my vehicle where they HIT it before RUNning.

I didn't bother saying this to him directly but the dude hit an occupied parked car with an attorney sitting in it, parked in front of the Bar Association around the corner from the court house. And then tries to extort said attorney. **** amazing.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:10 pm

I don't think this is the same case, because it's a moving violation. Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong ( @dodint ?)

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:11 pm

Someone hit my van this morning (just the mirror) when I was in it while street parked. I waited for them to come back but they didn't. I was due at the court house so I left after about 6-7 minutes.

The guy came back sometime while I was at court and left a note on my car saying he was going to call the cops for hit and run. He came back to where he struck my vehicle and is threatening...hit and run. After they fled...and found my vehicle where they HIT it before RUNning.

I didn't bother saying this to him directly but the dude hit an occupied parked car with an attorney sitting in it, parked in front of the Bar Association around the corner from the court house. And then tries to extort said attorney. **** amazing.
:lol: Send him your business card asking him if he wants you to represent him.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:11 pm

the police see them illegally parked and write a ticket...

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:12 pm

Crazy, you saw him when he came back or he just left a note and you found it when you returned?

dodint

Postby dodint » Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:17 pm

He left a note on his business card. I called him back and the dude was adamant that I hit him. I was parked in entirely in a parking spot and he hit me from behind, so...

I e-mailed him my insurance information and a long narrative/timeline of how I saw things. If he turns this into his insurance for a piece of mirror glass he's dumber than he sounds. And if he calls the cops he's even dumber.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:19 pm

He left a note on his business card. I called him back and the dude was adamant that I hit him. I was parked in entirely in a parking spot and he hit me from behind, so...

I e-mailed him my insurance information and a long narrative/timeline of how I saw things. If he turns this into his insurance for a piece of mirror glass he's dumber than he sounds. And if he calls the cops he's even dumber.
Keep us updated.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:20 pm

Based on my Googling, it seems that I'm correct in the sense that police will not issue a citation if I provide dash cam footage. They need to actually witness the incident.

mikey

Postby mikey » Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:22 pm

Then the validity of traffic light cams is in question...

Also, lol to dodint's adventure...I hope that goes as painfully as possible for that rube...what a dunce.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:26 pm

Source of the post Then the validity of traffic light cams is in question...
Sure does. I've read that you can fight them and win, but who knows. I've gotten two of them and simply paid the $50-75 fines because it's not worth my time going to court, and there were no points associated with them.

robbiestoupe

Postby robbiestoupe » Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:37 pm

dodint, please tell us this was another lawyer

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:38 pm

Sure does. I've read that you can fight them and win, but who knows. I've gotten two of them and simply paid the $50-75 fines because it's not worth my time going to court, and there were no points associated with them.
Last time I took the turnpike they billed me by mail by reading my license plate.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:40 pm

Last time I took the turnpike they billed me by mail by reading my license plate.
It sounds like you're talking about EZPass...?

nocera

Postby nocera » Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:42 pm

It sounds like you're talking about EZPass...?
There are a lot of toll points that are all digital. You either use EZPass or they'll mail you the fee later (at a much higher rate).