You know what really grinds my gears...

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:19 am

He doesn't know that. He didn't even know he was in Pittsburgh. Guy just kept saying Pennsylvania

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:20 am

People who leave concerts before or during the encores. You know there is always an Encore. No band just leaves the stage. They always come back for a few songs. Just sit your ass down and chill until the lights come up.
Tyler Farr did not do an encore at last week's free Allegheny county concert series
Tyler Farr sounds like someone who isn't good enough for people to want an Encore. :D

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:22 am

I've left before the encore because the encore songs weren't great and might as well get a head start on beating the traffic.
My ire is more directed because last night people had to cut in front and around us in the seats. If I'm standing or on the lawn it's not that big of a deal cause it's just a sea of humanity. In the seats though you have to either squeeze by people or step around them.

Plus the 5 song Encore Billy Joel played were some of high biggest hits. He wasn't playing some no name songs haha.

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:40 am

My dad used to leave sporting events before they were over to "beat the traffic." So, top of the 8th, time to go. Middle of the 4th quarter, hit the road.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:42 am

I see no issues with leaving a baseball game at the top of the 1st.

Kane

Postby Kane » Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:49 am

^

MR25

Postby MR25 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:27 am

I feel like the parking situation at places like Star Lake ruined concerts for people

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:49 am

I'm not sure I like having a video doorbell. It's like always having a smartphone nearby, you feel obligated to answer every ring or notification.

So this morning, I get a ring notification. It's the blinds installer, coming out to replace some broken blinds. The service window I set up was from 12-4, and he was supposed to give me a 30-minute heads-up before he shows. This was at 9:30. In the not too distant past, I would never have known about the doorbell ring. Now, I feel guilty about not responding to it and racing home hours early for this installer.

Also grinding my gears: if I had decided to stay home and wait, he would've shown up at 3:30. That's no lie. It works out every time like that. :lol:

mikey

Postby mikey » Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:51 am

People who leave concerts before or during the encores. You know there is always an Encore. No band just leaves the stage. They always come back for a few songs. Just sit your ass down and chill until the lights come up.
I don't like the auto encore thing at all. In fact, I sort of like when it doesn't happen. Deadmau5 didn't do an encore last month when I saw him. In fact, after the last song, the lights came up and he went "all right, that's it. **** off" and, of course, the crowd cheered mightily...

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:53 am

Source of the post you feel obligated to answer every ring or notification
Trust me, this will pass. I peek at who's at the door, then decide if I want to answer it. I have missed 100% of the door knocks from people trying to survey/sell stuff thanks to Ring. Plus, I can tell the JW's to go away and never come back - which appears to have worked.
Last edited by NTP66 on Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:53 am

My dad used to leave sporting events before they were over to "beat the traffic." So, top of the 8th, time to go. Middle of the 4th quarter, hit the road.
My brother's entire existence at events is built around his exit strategy.

If all you're thinking about the whole time is leaving, why are you here?

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:18 pm

What kind of slapdash bush league musical act plays songs in the encore that are anything less than high points of the show? That's why they're the encore songs.

I mean, I don't care if a band plays an encore or not. But the rest of the setlist better be reflective of their intentions one way or the other.

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:38 pm

Buddy Guy is the only artist I’ve seen to not do an encore. If you haven’t seen a Buddy show, it’s a trip. Dude tells a ton of stories. This was at the Palace Theatre but I really want to see him at his club in Chicago. Been a couple times but not to see him.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:57 am

I bought an LED lighting kit back in 2020 (through Indiegogo). I only invested $88 in total, but after over 2 years and over $300k raised for the company, they have basically gone dark since last December. No updates, no responses to e-mail, nothing. The charges are too far back to even attempt a dispute, but I found a FB group where a few people have actually contacted Kansas's AG (that's where they're based), and have gotten refunds. So I filled out the form yesterday. I expect nothing, but it'd be a welcome surprise if I get anything. These guys just conned everyone.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:13 pm

I know people that have backed indie video games like that. The dev doesn't go completely dark or ghost their supporters, but they put out content on a super piecemeal basis. They attract huge followings with quality early content, and then drag out finalizing the game for what I think has been like 4 or 5 years at this point. They hook tens of thousands of backers at the $1 or $5 tiers on Patreon or whatever platform, so they rake in close to six figures a month on the backs of people who maybe go several months before they even realize their support was recurring. Actual informed backers might number in the dozens, and they do $20 once or twice and bail.

It's a bananas model.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:02 am

I have no problem donating blood/platelets/whatever. I did it yesterday, in fact. But my god Red Cross, stop with the unsolicited calls asking if I want to schedule an appointment. They called me the day after I scheduled an appointment on the app asking to schedule an appointment. **** stop

mikey

Postby mikey » Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:13 am

They can smell blood from a mile away...I keep all my blood for myself, it's mine and I earned it...

shoeshine boy

Postby shoeshine boy » Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:51 am

I have no problem donating blood/platelets/whatever. I did it yesterday, in fact. But my god Red Cross, stop with the unsolicited calls asking if I want to schedule an appointment. They called me the day after I scheduled an appointment on the app asking to schedule an appointment. **** stop
same. the calls actually slow up right after I donate blood but then they just push harder on the platelets. :scared:
more annoying for me was that the calls were constant during COVID yet because mobile blood drives weren't really a thing, it was almost impossible to get an appointment to actually donate.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:58 pm

The current crop of new students on campus might be the most oblivious to their surroundings that I've ever seen. Just on today's drive, 3 different kids at 3 different lights trying to cross 4 lanes on Fifth while Fifth has a green light.

The worst was the girl trying to cross where there was no crosswalk, and decided standing and waiting in the bus lane was the right idea.

What kind of town do you have to grow up in where your first though is not to realize what you're doing is a colossally dumb idea?

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:35 pm

It's the same thing on our campus! We're not in a major city, but these students do not know how/where to cross a street. Most are head down, earbuds in, doing something on their phones, and happen to look up just as they begin stepping into the street. It's madness! I almost took out a skateboarder who was skating on the road, and decided to cut in front of me without looking. Like really?

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:55 pm

Damn kids!

MR25

Postby MR25 » Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:06 pm

The idiocy transcends the fact that they're kids.

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:55 am

Just this morning, I had a jabroni RIDING A SKATEBOARD down the center line on the main road into my side of campus. He actually turned his back to the car in front of me and gestured to get the **** out of his way. Sense of entitlement much? :lol:

shoeshine boy

Postby shoeshine boy » Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:59 am

The worst was the girl trying to cross where there was no crosswalk, and decided standing and waiting in the bus lane was the right idea.

one of my biggest pet peeves is someone crossing between crosswalks and then you see them continue down the street to where the crosswalk is. :face:

Beveridge

Postby Beveridge » Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:28 am

Twitter Threads....

If you can't put it in ONE tweet, you're on the wrong platform.