Colts at Steelers GDT - Week 16 - Home Sweet Home Bowl

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:17 am

Dotson is good. If Feiler comes back fresh and can block again I'd feel somewhat optimistic (?) about this team

Dotson is a good find. But the Steelers need to spend significant draft capital on the o-line in the offseason. I don’t think one good weekend is good the quench the stink of the o-line so far this year. Villanueva is gone anyways so we are gonna need a new left tackle unless we think Banner is that guy

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:19 am

well if we think Banner is the guy then we need to draft a RT because chuks is bad. I know a QB is a need very soon but I'd almost rather load up on OL. Pouncey and Decastro are getting old and Feiler may actually not be that good

genoscoif

Postby genoscoif » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:21 am

I’m no football genius. Seems simple though.

Throw ball down field = opens a little running room and the short passes. Step 3: Profit
Throwing ball downfield required Ben having more than 2 seconds before he gets swallowed up by d linemen, which wasn't happening before yesterday.
It also requires a QB with the- stones to hang onto the ball a split second longer (and maybe take a hit) to let the play develop.
I think they fell in love with the super-quick passes early in the year. They ran the ball okay, but they figured they could supplement the run game with dink and dunk. They changed their blocking style to accommodate that quick release tempo. Their 'play-action' became pump fakes short then over the top. It was effective...up until they absolutely could not run the ball at all, had some bad drops, and stopped throwing down field effectively. Defenses adjusted, but the Steelers never did. Whether that's because they were unwilling or unable I'm not sure we'll ever know.

I don't think that they're fixed. I think the Colts backed off and stopped flooding the 15 yard zones. Ben hit a few passes, found some rhythm, and moved the ball.

They do need rest...that much is certain. Seeding be damned.

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:25 am

Well they're either the 2 or the 3 seed. The only difference is empty stadium home field advantage in the 2nd round against the same opponent. I think they can live with playing in Buffalo for a week of rest.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:29 am

resting starters is definitely the most logical choice. but man it'd be sweet to knock cleveland out. I do feel like the offense should play a quarter or so to try and maintain some momentum

dodint

Postby dodint » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:34 am

I looked and Baltimore needs a Win or a CLE loss. Again, I hope they **** the bed and are scoreboard watching and see CLE winning.

Sending 3 AFCN teams to the playoffs would be amusing in its own right, though.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:00 pm

How does he collect a paycheck?

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:47 am

That's crazy. He has to go... I know they won't do it in season but they need to let him go in the off-season.

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:21 am

Not buying it

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:41 am

Not buying it