Steelers at Bengals GDT - Week 14 - Win for KG

mikey

Postby mikey » Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:49 am

Dancing on the other team's logo is a bad look...that's why he's doing it though. Next thing ya know he's gonna be missing games to fight that Asher Roth kid or whoever it is that wants to fight MacGregor now or whatever...

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:51 am

I actually don't care about him doing it. Do it until he's blue in the face as long as it's not creating a negative storyline. It's now a negative storyline, so he should handle his business and stop doing it.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:55 am

But it wasn't a negative storyline all year. It only became negative because the Steelers lost a game and people like to blame Juju for all of the team's problems. No one knew about it until the Washington game.

It's low-hanging fruit. Maybe they should be more worried that Roethlisberger can't complete a pass more than 10 yards or the O Line couldn't block a toddler.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:57 am

well, look at it this way - one of the problems is fixable, JuJu could just be a pro and stop dancing on logos, dance somewhere else on the field.

The second one is going to take 2-3 years of semi-high draft picks.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:59 am

But it's a manufactured problem. The Steelers would be struggling whether or not Juju dances.

That there's so much focus on it is absolutely ridiculous.

mikey

Postby mikey » Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:59 am

Maybe they are worried about both things at the same time...? Because one is a conversation that says, "hey man, you're just giving bulletin board material to the other side...also, you aren't D.K. Metcalf, so you're getting the **** kicked out of your **** because you put a target on your back...and we can't have a playoff team where our choices for a clutch catch are James Washington and constantly-sleeved Eric Ebron..."

*25 seconds down*

Then you can spend a whole week practicing how to channel the gas escaping from Ben into more ball velocity on his four yard throws...

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:02 pm

Again, the offense is run by a complete moron.
When I see stuff like this, it suggests two possibilities:

1) The OC is a galactic dunce, or;

2) There are habits/practices that have developed - or not developed - during the week of preparation that lead coaches to not have confidence in the guy in money situations, and when they do go to him it's re-goddamn-diculously obvious what the play is.

Whichever of the two it is, it is a trend line.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:04 pm

Maybe they are worried about both things at the same time...? Because one is a conversation that says, "hey man, you're just giving bulletin board material to the other side...also, you aren't D.K. Metcalf, so you're getting the **** kicked out of your **** because you put a target on your back...and we can't have a playoff team where our choices for a clutch catch are James Washington and constantly-sleeved Eric Ebron..."

*25 seconds down*

Then you can spend a whole week practicing how to channel the gas escaping from Ben into more ball velocity on his four yard throws...
If JuJu's response is anymore than "OK, boss, I'll stop it" there's a problem, other wise it's a 20 second conversation, max.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:05 pm

2) There are habits/practices that have developed - or not developed - during the week of preparation that lead coaches to not have confidence in the guy in money situations, and when they do go to him it's re-goddamn-diculously obvious what the play is.

The only thing that truly annoys me about Claypool is something all new-age WRs do now. Anyone within 30 feet of you? When you miss the catch you throw you hands up to buy a PI call.

mikey

Postby mikey » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:05 pm

Exactly. I don't think there's many people in sports that appreciate that type of behavior...it just riles up the other side, flat out. Whether you just learned about it or not is not relevant...

nocera

Postby nocera » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:07 pm

The only thing that truly annoys me about Claypool is something all new-age WRs do now. Anyone within 30 feet of you? When you miss the catch you throw you hands up to buy a PI call.
If Ben could hit him in stride instead of constantly underthrowing it and forcing a jump ball situation maybe he wouldn't always have to look for a call.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:07 pm

On the JuJu fumble, Claypool was open and probably had an easy touchdown (according to a Steelers beat writer).
Claypool broke on a post route and was a good 5 yards behind the defense. Instead, Ben chose to throw it into triple coverage on the other side of the field. Claypool coming open happened at the same time as he dialed up the throw to Ebron.

*shrug*

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:08 pm

Oh I don't disagree, I just hate that it's common across the league. Sometimes it's easier to just buy a call than actually make a hard catch lol.

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:08 pm

*25 seconds down*

If JuJu's response is anymore than "OK, boss, I'll stop it" there's a problem, other wise it's a 20 second conversation, max.
This x1000.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:16 pm

On one of the myriad 3rd-and-short draws from shotgun (maybe it was a 4th-and-short), they brought a player across in motion (Claypool?)...... not a single Cincy LB bit on the motion, and a guy stepped straight into the B gap unblocked and got a TFL. Shouldn't that kind of play be an RPO? Like.... what's the point of bringing the guy in motion, and sticking with the play as-called if no one bites on the motion? It should've been clear the moment the ball was snapped that they'd be outnumbered at the point of attack, that there would be a free runner to make the tackle. Shouldn't that be something that the 16-year veteran QB has the option post-snap to go play-action and chuck the ball literally anywhere else on the field? But he never even lifted his head up.... snap*turn left*hand ball to lil' Snell*vacate field*.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:30 pm

But it wasn't a negative storyline all year. It only became negative because the Steelers lost a game and people like to blame Juju for all of the team's problems. No one knew about it until the Washington game.

It's low-hanging fruit. Maybe they should be more worried that Roethlisberger can't complete a pass more than 10 yards or the O Line couldn't block a toddler.

lol

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:38 pm

It's not about motiving the other team, it's about being good enough to showboat. (Which no one on this team is at this point)

offsides

Postby offsides » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:46 pm

Being an oldie, I do not like dancing or excessive celebrations in football. Anyone here old enough to remember Franco or Rocky scoring a touchdown? They would stand up and hand the ball to the ref and jog to their bench. Good sportsmanship is pretty much a thing of the past in football (and in other stuff).

mikey

Postby mikey » Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:06 pm

I don't mind fun and celebrating and all that stuff...but I'm a competitive person...if you **** talk me in beer pong, I'm going to come back and beat you haha (well, back when I played at least)...dancing on another's team logo like that is designed to inflame the senses...

Now, like tif said...if you're a runaway diesel train like Ray Lewis in his prime, you can pull that as a means of actually intimidating...not the 2nd or 3rd option on a below average passing offense...

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:08 pm

JuJu is now more relevant as a TikTok influencer than a football player, that's why I have a problem with the dancing.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:13 pm

I know this isn’t true, but it sure seems like Ben is trying to lose games. His decision-making makes absolutely no sense.

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:37 pm

The logo thing isn't new because they lost. Its new because other teams have legitimately stated it motivates them as bulletin board material.

Again. You're not good enough personally or as a team to have the Juju show so cut it out until you are.

Love that 95 tik toks vs 93 yard high thing.

Put the team first. Morkle is on point with how easy of an "issue" this is to resolve.

Beveridge

Postby Beveridge » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:10 pm

@NailedPenguin must be dead because if the election didn't pull him out, this would have and it did not.