The Cannabis Corner

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

The Cannabis Corner

Postby count2infinity » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:26 am

In PA, you can't get wine/liquor shipped from out of state, correct?
You technically can, but I believe you need to have it delivered to a state store and they do the tax stuff and collect a little extra for the service.

columbia

The Cannabis Corner

Postby columbia » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:28 am

One of my brothers was trying to get me to order some special rum (for zombies) through the mail and ship it to him in Gettysburg. Apparently, the distributor ships here, but not to PA. At least that’s what he said.

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

The Cannabis Corner

Postby LITT » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:29 am

In PA, you can't get wine/liquor shipped from out of state, correct?
You technically can, but I believe you need to have it delivered to a state store and they do the tax stuff and collect a little extra for the service.
i get wine directly from vineyards in california and virginia

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

The Cannabis Corner

Postby count2infinity » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:31 am

Oh... maybe certain vineyards figured out a way around the non-sense?

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:36 am

tidbit heard on a reputable podcast this week:

Feinstein, who is somehow an anti-cannabis congresswomen in freaking california actually believes in policy reform, but she is waiting to publicly announce her support until the time is right where her being swayed would be some sort of inspirational act that also improves her own brand. this is a woman who sat next to jeff sessions a couple years ago to effectively put Colorado on trial for their local policies.

this is nauseating. you are 84 years old. you are going to die soon. just do good things before that happens, you freaking Canaan.

shafnutz05

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:21 pm

My wife and I order wine from Heartwood and Oak on the regular. No issues here.

Willie Kool

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Willie Kool » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:08 pm

Pennsylvania’s medical marijuana advisory board has recommended the state program allow the sale of the marijuana flower to patients with qualifying medical conditions.

That recommendation, as well as others, will now go to Health Secretary Rachel Levine for consideration.
Perhaps most notably, the panel narrowly voted to recommend adding medical marijuana as addiction substitute therapy to reduce opioid use.
http://www.post-gazette.com/business/he ... 1804090094

Willie Kool

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Willie Kool » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:14 pm

Pa. health secretary approves access to whole plant for medical marijuana patients
Pennsylvania Health Secretary Rachel Levine on Monday said she will approve the state’s medical marijuana advisory board’s recommendation to permit sale of the dry leaf or plant form for patients with a qualifying medical condition.

She will also allow access to medical marijuana as a treatment for opioid abuse.

Allowing access to the plant — rather than a processed form of the plant — is seen as a way to provide a lower-cost option that also may be more effective in treating some medical conditions.

It should prove a boon to both cultivators and dispensary operators as well, boosting the already robust demand for product.

Because Pennsylvania’s law prohibits smoking medical marijuana or using it in edible form, the plant would be legally consumed in vaporization form. But, once the plant is purchased and taken home, it’s unclear how that rule would be policed.

In addition to including marijuana flower to the menu of options, Dr. Levine also approved board recommendations to allow physicians to participate in the program certifying patients while not having their names listed on the public registry. That’s a change Dr. Levine said is designed to encourage more physicians to participate.
http://www.post-gazette.com/business/he ... 1804160090

RonnieFranchise

The Cannabis Corner

Postby RonnieFranchise » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:58 am

Canadian parliament has voted to legalize effective in October.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washin ... story.html

shafnutz05

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shafnutz05 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:11 am

Road trip

Willie Kool

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Willie Kool » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:18 pm

Series of tweets by the Toronto Police:

AuthorTony

The Cannabis Corner

Postby AuthorTony » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:59 pm

Why is she holding mushrooms in that last image? Couldn't they find a stock photo with a steak?

Lemon Berry Lobster

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:56 am

Don't let that distract you from her being part giraffe.

shafnutz05

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:05 am

All of the Sunnyvale boys were hitting up the dispensary yesterday... Man that would be a fun time lol

Lemon Berry Lobster

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:09 am

And the day before was the 1 year anniversary of the passing of John Dunsworth aka Jim Lahey

llipgh2

The Cannabis Corner

Postby llipgh2 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:51 pm

Viva la Ben

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Viva la Ben » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:54 pm

The Pens play the next four up north....will they be in a weed haze?

llipgh2

The Cannabis Corner

Postby llipgh2 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:04 pm

The Pens play the next four up north....will they be in a weed haze?
FWIW, some of the Canadian teams players are cool with it. For medicinal purposes. 8-)

https://www.tsn.ca/marijuana-legalizati ... -1.1191903

shafnutz05

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:33 pm

The NHL and NHL Players' Association plan no changes to their joint drug-testing policy, under which players are not punished for positive marijuana tests. It is the most lenient approach to cannabis by any major North American professional sports league.
TIL

Lemon Berry Lobster

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:22 pm

Impressive really. Now I assume teams will punish players if they show up high, but if they use it at night/days off they don't care.

Great58

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Great58 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:08 am

What do the PA medical marijuana dispensaries carry, a full array of strains including high thc content, or just low thc, high cbd products?

And I see that they’ve now legalized use of whole plant and not just oils/ extracts and edibles.... But are they still arresting(or ticketing) for paraphernalia for MM users?

I know the democratic lt. governor candidate is pro-marijuana. How optimistic is it to think recreational marijuana could be legal in PA within the next 5 years? Decriminalization does nothing for me, if it’s not legal it’s not a safe option for me. A $25 ticket for possession of marijuana would be as harmful (or more) to my employment as a DUI.

Willie Kool

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Willie Kool » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:23 pm

What do the PA medical marijuana dispensaries carry, a full array of strains including high thc content, or just low thc, high cbd products?
A full array. Actual products vary from dispensary to dispensary. Here's a list for Rise Erie:

https://www.risedispensaries.com/dispen ... ?page=menu
And I see that they’ve now legalized use of whole plant and not just oils/ extracts and edibles.... But are they still arresting(or ticketing) for paraphernalia for MM users?
I haven't heard of any MM patients being pinched for a paraphernalia charge, but that doesn't mean it hasn't happened.
I know the democratic lt. governor candidate is pro-marijuana. How optimistic is it to think recreational marijuana could be legal in PA within the next 5 years? Decriminalization does nothing for me, if it’s not legal it’s not a safe option for me. A $25 ticket for possession of marijuana would be as harmful (or more) to my employment as a DUI.
Gov. Wolf is also for it, and Auditor General DePasquale has been pushing hard from the financial side. Ohio should have it on the ballot again next year, and NY and NJ have both been talking about it. If NY and Ohio go, I don't think it'd be long.

That said, even in states where it is legal, employers can still test you and fire you for a positive test.

count2infinity

The Cannabis Corner

Postby count2infinity » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:26 pm

In PA an employer can fire you without reason. Any knowledgeable company will just tell you you’re fired and not tell you why. Less chance of a lawsuit that way.

Willie Kool

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Willie Kool » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:29 pm

In PA an employer can fire you without reason.
Only if you don't have an employment contract that states otherwise...

count2infinity

The Cannabis Corner

Postby count2infinity » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:32 pm

Isn’t that true for most any situation? :lol: