The Cannabis Corner

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:53 pm

I don't think you can get anything in PA besides vape pens. At least that's what the people at Maitri have told us.
They fixed this. You can get all kinds of goodies now.

I’m in eastern PA so availability may be a bit higher than what you guys have to deal with, but Allegheny county has plenty of quality shops from what I’ve seen.

Troy Loney

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:56 pm

We’d want edibles if we could get them.

She’ll always get me a pen when she re ups, but I forget I have it.

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:00 pm

We’d want edibles if we could get them.

She’ll always get me a pen when she re ups, but I forget I have it.
Buying premade edibles isn’t gonna be a thing for most people. Regulations have priced them out of being useful. For example, I need about 200mg of THC in edible format to feel anything significant. That’s like $50 for a single dose in states that sell actual edibles.

You can get pills and tinctures, but if you want something that tastes good, you should make your own.

...why do I have PMs about this? Still taboo to talk too specifically about?

eddy

The Cannabis Corner

Postby eddy » Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:10 pm

Seems like too many hoops for someone such as myself who has never partaken before, but is mildly curious. I'll just wait for it to become legal, legal.
I just renewed for my second year. Did everything online and took less than 20 seconds with the virtual doctor. A coworker went the online route as well and got their first time license with zero doctor notes. Online also saved me $150.
What’s your jam? You seem like a flower guy, not an extract guy. Favorite strains? Growers? You too Faftorial...what’s good?

Insa and Grassroots seem to put more care into their grow, but I haven’t noticed material differences in effect from a lower prestige grower like Gleaf.

Very impossible to read Reddit reviews and glean anything from them since most internet consumers seem to care about taste and nugget size over the effects for some reason.
Definitely prefer flower, but the convenience of the vapes certainly has merit. I very much enjoy reading about different terpenes and strains, but the biggest thing I've noticed is it pretty much treats everyone differently. I'm usually not picky when it comes to flower, but I've been sticking to cresco LLR cartridges when it comes to using my pen. The quality seems to be the best with them, but there are a few other brands that are starting to get my attention.

Indica,hybrid and sativa, I like them all. You'll find out what works best for you. I have a friend who just goes after whatever is the highest thc, but I don't prescribe to that. I can get more work out of something with 15% sometimes compared to 25%, it just all depends. Over the last year, I'd say I've ventured more into sativa's. I've had some tough goes with indicas at night that keep me up. Last night I tried out a cresco pineapple express llr cart and it was awesome, no racing thoughts and was able to sleep like a baby. If you read the reviews, a lot of them will say just for daytime. That's why I have a tough time with reviews, may work for that guy, but not me.

Over the weekend I picked up gleaf tropicana cookies (huge fan of anything cookies) and they were some of the most gorgeous white and purple buds I've seen, but the effects were just ok (I had been drinking and took a few edibles, so will give it another go on it's own. Also). I also tend to have better success with purple which I was surprised about with these and leaves me wondering if they were purple because of the growing/freezing process ? Also grabbed lucinda williams x gsc which were terrific. Also got star dawg x northern lights which were very nice. Mendocino purps have been the absolute best flower I've ever had, but have only seen it once.

Cresco island sweet skunk LLR is probably my favorite sativa cart. I'm still looking for an indica to win me over in the vape department. Sour banana sherbet was a great hybrid for me.

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:26 pm

Nice, eddy

I’ll always just do once a night before bed. Every strain helps me fall asleep, even strong sativas (though I don’t like the head buzz sensation of those). My tolerance since day 1 in NJ is outrageously high, unfortunately. So the effects people describe, I usually only get a little taste. But there is that time when you first try a good strain that it absolutely levels you. Never feels as potent again, though.

I like Cake strains instead of Cookie ones. More stoney. Less energetic. GMO from Insa is maybe the best I’ve had in the program. But Cookies and Chem from Grass Roots is also a banger, and MAC from Gleaf is great too.

Live resin, if you haven’t tried it, is really something else. I don’t like extracts because the effects don’t last, but I still keep some resin around for emergencies if I need something quick and un-stinky.

eddy

The Cannabis Corner

Postby eddy » Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:35 pm

Tolerance is definitely a dodint, feels good to take a break sometimes ( but then it really doesn't feel great to take a break sometimes). That island sweet skunk is probably the closest I can get to flower effects and can really screw me up if I take too many hits, keep an eye out for it. I also enjoy drinking a few beers with sativa's and prefer indica's on their own. GG4 will put me to sleep if I have some cold ones.

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:42 pm

My local place has Cresco ISS. I’ll pick it up next time. Thanks.

High THC is usually directly connected to my experience, but I’ve honestly not had many strains under 20%. This one sits at about 15% which is interesting.

I only had black market stuff once about 10 years ago. I spread an eighth out over a couple months by using a makeshift waterfall bong. Even with probably like .2 grams at most, I was completely gone. Felt like I was flying...seeing things that bordered on hallucinations. Pretty wild. If that was a 10/10 experience, nothing in NJ or PA programs have been more than a 7/10. Don’t know if my brain chemistry changed or if skunky black market stuff is just different.

eddy

The Cannabis Corner

Postby eddy » Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:49 pm

My local place has Cresco ISS. I’ll pick it up next time. Thanks.

High THC is usually directly connected to my experience, but I’ve honestly not had many strains under 20%. This one sits at about 15% which is interesting.

I only had black market stuff once about 10 years ago. I spread an eighth out over a couple months by using a makeshift waterfall bong. Even with probably like .2 grams at most, I was completely gone. Felt like I was flying...seeing things that bordered on hallucinations. Pretty wild. If that was a 10/10 experience, nothing in NJ or PA programs have been more than a 7/10. Don’t know if my brain chemistry changed or if skunky black market stuff is just different.
I've never had the iss flower, just the cart. Gravity bongs with a gallon milk jug is a hilarious way to really get going. I just picked up a gandalf pipe from chameleon glass online and it's my favorite piece right now.

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:01 pm

I’m vape only. If I’m doing it daily, I’m hedging my bets.

PFiDC

The Cannabis Corner

Postby PFiDC » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:16 pm

Flower all the way. I have an indica tincture for helping me sleep. Honestly my dude gets same or better quality for less money so....

I'll go to Harvest in Cranberry. Good selection. Nice staff.

PFiDC

The Cannabis Corner

Postby PFiDC » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:29 pm

Favorite strain is probably Girl Scout Cookies or Sour Diesel. I lean toward sativa buy an indica is nice if I got nothing to do.

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:30 pm

Black market vs Dispensary

Any difference in quality? More specifically, is black market often more potent?

Similar question, all of my dispensary weed smells lovely when you open the jar. Any black market stuff I’ve seen smells like a skunk. I think I want to try that skunk smell again instead of lemons and pine trees, but dispensary stuff is just...different. Or maybe my memory of 10 years ago is failing me.

PFiDC

The Cannabis Corner

Postby PFiDC » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:34 pm

Depends on your source. My dudes brother owns a farm in CA so he gets everything from him. Vacuum sealed. My cost is $175 an oz from him and the quality is as good if not better than most of the dispensary stuff I've tried. And considering dispensaries cost about $480 an oz its a no brainier for me.

PFiDC

The Cannabis Corner

Postby PFiDC » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:36 pm

I honestly just got my card to protect myself when I'm travelling. I can use the dispensary packaging and carry my card. I'm safe to travel.

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:41 pm

I honestly just got my card to protect myself when I'm travelling. I can use the dispensary packaging and carry my card. I'm safe to travel.
That’s what I was doing in NJ. Before I moved, I would take a trip to DC and bring back hauls from there. Better and cheaper than NJ and didn’t have to wait in line for an hour and a half.

This is where PA needs to do better. Curbside pickup is great but at my local places there are still a dozen people lined up in person with only like 1 or 2 registers manned. This industry is printing money with an arbitrarily inflated product cost. Maybe do us all a favor and hire more help.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

The Cannabis Corner

Postby count2infinity » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:57 pm

What's going on in NJ right now? Is it fully legal there or still medical only?

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:02 pm

What's going on in NJ right now? Is it fully legal there or still medical only?
Legalization passed at the ballots. Now the 2-3 year process of making sure the right state senators are rewarded before it’s in place.

They also can’t even support the med patients, so they need exponentially more shops and to ditch the rule that a shop has to grow its own supply. NJ is bananas with regulation on this, if you can believe it.

shafnutz05

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:31 pm

So...is anyone else in the PA program? Would like to exchange notes. Also, AMA if you’re curious about how it works.

...waaaaaaaaaaay better than NJ by the way
I did the virtual doctor thing through Leafwell. $150. She approved me in about two minutes, however, I need to upload a letter from my therapist that he is seeing me for anxiety. I asked him for a letter stating as much, and just said that I would like it for my medical records.

Sounds like once I upload that, I'll have the card within a week.

shafnutz05

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:33 pm

I try and limit it to once or twice a week, generally right after the kids go to bed. I've gotten much better at embracing the head rush instead of letting it send me into panic.

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:36 pm

So...is anyone else in the PA program? Would like to exchange notes. Also, AMA if you’re curious about how it works.

I did the virtual doctor thing through Leafwell. $150. She approved me in about two minutes, however, I need to upload a letter from my therapist that he is seeing me for anxiety. I asked him for a letter stating as much, and just said that I would like it for my medical records.

You played it exactly right.

I’d say invest in a vaporizer if you’re gonna do this at all regularly. And don’t look online for vape recommendations. It’s a sea of bad intel and people looking to rationalize their crappy expensive choices. Get a “Mighty” and call it a day. It’s the best, without question.

shafnutz05

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:38 pm

Excellent, thanks for the rec.

eddy

The Cannabis Corner

Postby eddy » Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:51 pm

I’d say invest in a vaporizer if you’re gonna do this at all regularly. And don’t look online for vape recommendations. It’s a sea of bad intel and people looking to rationalize their crappy expensive choices. Get a “Mighty” and call it a day. It’s the best, without question.
$350 for a vaporizer? Why should I be using that? Never used a vaporizer before.

Kaiser

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Kaiser » Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:56 pm

If you dont have recreational flower available, its not going to be that great. the vape stuff should be potent though.

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:34 pm

$350 for a vaporizer? Why should I be using that? Never used a vaporizer before.
Lung health and odor. That’s all. Some people are more efficient with vaping but it only works that way if your tolerance is low.

Cheaper option is a dynavap. And there’s a bunch in between.

Vaping in no way makes you higher, though. It’s the weirdest pot myth that has no basis in reality.

Viva la Ben

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Viva la Ben » Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:54 pm

My local CBD store started selling Delta8.