Anyone want to play some rocket league?

Juice

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Juice » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:45 pm

wait what?

Willie Kool

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Willie Kool » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:11 pm

Chronic marijuana use is about as bad for your health as not flossing, researchers find
"In general, our findings showed that cannabis use over 20 years was unrelated to health problems in early midlife," the study, published in the journal JAMA Psychiatry, found. "Across several domains of health (periodontal health, lung function, systemic inflammation, and metabolic health), clear evidence of an adverse association with cannabis use was apparent for only one domain, namely, periodontal health."

In some domains, marijuana use was associated with better health outcomes: "Findings showed that cannabis use was associated with slightly better metabolic health (smaller waist circumference, lower body mass index, better lipid profiles, and improved glucose control)," the study determined.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/won ... hers-find/

PFiDC

The Cannabis Corner

Postby PFiDC » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:14 pm

I just watched a Last Week Tonight that talked about studies. I am not sure I can trust another study unless I am reading the actual findings from the actual lab that performed the actual study.

Lemon Berry Lobster

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:39 pm

Chronic use. Ha.

Kaiser

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Kaiser » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:05 pm

Ive found the weed of my choice helps a lot with my hip and knee pain, and im very happy i dont have to navigate medical paperwork to have some.

PFiDC

The Cannabis Corner

Postby PFiDC » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:18 pm

Neither do I...

...but I do have to worry about being thrown in jail for a harmless crime so I've got that going for me.

Viva la Ben

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Viva la Ben » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:38 pm

Marijuana to be moved to schedule 2 status on August 1st.

It's a step in the right direction, and makes medical marijuana legal in all 50 states.

http://www.smobserved.com/story/2016/06 ... html?v=dea

PFiDC

The Cannabis Corner

Postby PFiDC » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:43 pm

"Whatever the law may be in California, Arizona or Utah or any other State, because of Federal preemption this will have the effect of making THC products legal with a prescription, in all 50 states," the DEA attorney told the Observer. Federal Preemption is a legal doctrine that where the US Government regulates a particular field, State and local laws are overridden and of no effect.
Yuge. Do you know how many military PTSD patients don't/won't use cannabis (a proven PTSD treatment) because if they do they will lose their benefits? This is big big news....if it's true.

Viva la Ben

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Viva la Ben » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:49 pm

I wonder what the implications would be for industrial hemp production.

PFiDC

The Cannabis Corner

Postby PFiDC » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:52 pm

Time to call my DO and ask if he will be on board. If he is, then I have to make sure that said scrip will exempt me from testing positive for THC on our random tests at this job.

Willie Kool

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Willie Kool » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:19 pm

Scotts Miracle-Gro is investing $500 million in establishing a line of cannabis growing supplies.
Frustrated with the flatlining business, Hagedorn fired more than half his management, shook up his board and gambled heavily on pot growers.

That controversial decision was made one day in 2013 in Yakima, Wash., when Hagedorn wandered into a garden center. The store had hardly any Scotts merchandise, but there was a massive row of equipment for hydroponics, a method of growing that allows people to cultivate cannabis (or any other plant, for that matter) indoors, using targeted lighting and liquid solutions spiked with nutrients. Hagedorn asked to see the store owner, and out walked a short guy with wild hair and a lazy eye. He told Hagedorn that everyone called him an idiot when he first started selling hydroponics equipment, but the stuff was flying off the shelves, with an average receipt of $400–straight cash. It was a starkly different scene from what he’d just witnessed at a Home Depot across town, which had plenty of Scotts Miracle-Gro products but no hydroponics equipment. “Two worlds, same town. I came back, and I told everyone ‘We’re doing it,’ ” Hagedorn recalls. “ If you don’t like it, leave. We’re doing it. It’s beyond stopping. And we’re not getting into pot growing. We’re talking dirt, fertilizer, pesticides, growing systems, lights. You know it’s a multibillion-dollar business, and we’ve got no growth in our core. Are you guys stupid?”
http://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexande ... 3df77938cf

PFiDC

The Cannabis Corner

Postby PFiDC » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:54 pm

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/marijuan ... item-39786
Well, Washington (and tourists and neighbors from border states), you've gone and consumed more than $1 billion worth of marijuana since the legal market began in July 2014.
So far, the great destruction of our society has not occurred ... or if it is ongoing, it's slow and sneaky. What has happened, however, is that more than $250 million has been generated in excise tax to the state.

Factorial

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Factorial » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:05 pm

Time to call my DO and ask if he will be on board. If he is, then I have to make sure that said scrip will exempt me from testing positive for THC on our random tests at this job.

I think I read somewhere that even in states where it's legal they can fire you for testing positive if they chose to do so.

Are you drug tested at your current job?

PFiDC

The Cannabis Corner

Postby PFiDC » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:12 pm

Source of the post then I have to make sure that said scrip will exempt me from testing positive for THC on our random tests at this job.

Kaiser

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Kaiser » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:55 pm

THC doesnt count for an onboarding test here in WA. After youre hired its employers choice.

Willie Kool

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Willie Kool » Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:20 pm

The Democratic Party endorsed a "reasoned pathway to future legalization" of marijuana and called for the drug to be downgraded in the Controlled Substances Act, in a tense and unexpected victory for supporters of Sen. Bernie Sanders.

Going into the platform committee meeting, Sanders's campaign had no new language about marijuana. The senator from Vermont had favored state-to-state legalization efforts, and the language approved by the drafting committee called for "policies that will allow more research on marijuana, as well as reforming our laws to allow legal marijuana businesses to exist without uncertainty."

But on Saturday afternoon, the committee brought up an amendment that would have removed marijuana from the Controlled Substances Act. David King, a lawyer and Sanders delegate from Tennessee, argued that marijuana was added to the act — giving the drug the same legal classification as heroin — during a "craze" to hurt "hippies and blacks." The amendment, however, was headed for defeat, with some committee members worrying that it went too far and undermined state-by-state efforts to study decriminalization.

Arguments stopped when committee members proposed swapping in the language of a rival amendment — one that merely downgraded marijuana from Schedule 1 of the Controlled Substance Act and included the undefined "pathway" to legal status.
The text of the marijuana amendment:

Because of conflicting laws concerning marijuana, both on the federal and state levels, we encourage the federal government to remove marijuana from its list as a Class 1 Federal Controlled Substance, providing a reasoned pathway for future legalization
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pos ... galization

Viva la Ben

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Viva la Ben » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:45 pm

#1 thread on r/all, MY ENTIRE FAMILY JUST ATE MY CANNABUTTER WHAT DO I DO? :lol:

https://www.reddit.com/r/trees/comments ... h=27036b55

shafnutz05

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:49 pm

#1 thread on r/all, MY ENTIRE FAMILY JUST ATE MY CANNABUTTER WHAT DO I DO? :lol:

https://www.reddit.com/r/trees/comments ... h=27036b55
Oh lord...that's gold :lol:

That might be destined for Top 25 all time.

large garlic

The Cannabis Corner

Postby large garlic » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:00 pm

Been hearing a bit about PA's preparations to roll out medical marijuana in the news lately. While it's a welcome development, it also feels well behind the times. In a couple years, we'll finally have medical marijuana, but by that point, half the country might have fully legalized it.

I suppose it's like being happy when we could finally buy 6-packs at Giant Eagle...a nice development, but other states are laughing at our backwardness.

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:12 pm

Been hearing a bit about PA's preparations to roll out medical marijuana in the news lately. While it's a welcome development, it also feels well behind the times. In a couple years, we'll finally have medical marijuana, but by that point, half the country might have fully legalized it.

I suppose it's like being happy when we could finally buy 6-packs at Giant Eagle...a nice development, but other states are laughing at our backwardness.
There aren't many states left with ballot initiative processes. So if these 5 all pass on Election Day, I think we'll only see a small handful legalize for a long while. State legislatures have aren't gonna be much help.

And no - no one is laughing at PA while the south and the middle of the country are still things.

Viva la Ben

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Viva la Ben » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:55 am

Update from the guy who got his family high on cannabutter. Sounds even more fake now.
https://www.reddit.com/r/trees/comments ... h=133f8769