Postby blackjack68 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:06 pm

Zero legit scientific evidence. Zero.

Algernon

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Algernon » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:08 pm

Yeah okay.

Ignorance is bliss

I guess there is no legitimate reason Roundup is banned in most European countries

blackjack68

The Cannabis Corner

Postby blackjack68 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:11 pm

There really isn't.

Of course, we could go organic worldwide and simply have over a billion people starve to death.

Algernon

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Algernon » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:14 pm

There really isn't.
I guess some people can't come to grips with the fact that they feed their family poison, that is if you're genetically prone to autoimmune disease

Agree to disagree

Algernon

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Algernon » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:17 pm

There really isn't.

Of course, we could go organic worldwide and simply have over a billion people starve to death.
When did I say all pesticides were bad?

And you can't seriously believe that the US agricultural system that produces so much freaking food that they have to pay farmers to grow other things

Would suddenly be incapable of producing enough food to feed people

Oh and people are going hungry already and there is still a dollar menu at micky ds

It's a economic disparity thing not a arigucultural capacity thing

Edit: stupid phone

blackjack68

The Cannabis Corner

Postby blackjack68 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:19 pm

We will agree to disagree.

PFiDC

The Cannabis Corner

Postby PFiDC » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:47 am

I have the emotional opinion of godric but the realistic assessment of blackjack. The world population could not survive without GMOs and pesticides and chemicals. Its just where we are right now. Don't like them? Grow your own.

Algernon

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Algernon » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:10 am

Leonhart is just a mouth piece. Someone this stupid isn't driving policy.

FF to 2:50 for fun stuff.

Just watched this video.

How da fook does someone like her get to her position?

Who the hell is the puppet master?

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:48 am

Of what? Chemical additives causing auto immune issues? There's plenty of evidence, buddy.

It's pretty fundamental. Your body fights what it considers to be threatening. Causing inflammation...which leads to all sorts of nastiness.

But like godric said - it doent affect everyone. Some people are better equipped, genetically, to deal with.

And because food intolerances are difficult to diagnose and based largely on anecdotal evidence, you're going to always find studies that say everything is fine. But it's sad that so many people want to write off the possibility that these chemicals are doing real harm.

I also agree with PFIDC's point about it being extremely impractical to change things. It's just too expensive to eat well. However, Americans spend less on groceries than what is typical around the world. It would be easier to get healthy food to the masses if there was a priority shift. But again...very impractical.

obhave

The Cannabis Corner

Postby obhave » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:03 am

Are you guys discussing GMO or pesticides? GMOs are acting to reduce chemical use on our plants. So for those who are worried about pesticides, but want cheap food, you should probably endorse more studies on GMOs. Or just eat organic if you can afford it.

Silentom

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Silentom » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:07 am

And because food intolerances are difficult to diagnose and based largely on anecdotal evidence, you're going to always find studies that say everything is fine. But it's sad that so many people want to write off the possibility that these chemicals are doing real harm.
Agreed. My mom did that Virgin (I think that's what its called) diet where you cut things out and reintroduce them one month at a time, and found out gluten bothers her in a big way. She's had much more pep in her step because it isn't bothering her joints anymore.

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:13 am

Are you guys discussing GMO or pesticides? GMOs are acting to reduce chemical use on our plants. So for those who are worried about pesticides, but want cheap food, you should probably endorse more studies on GMOs. Or just eat organic if you can afford it.
Didn't Montsato make, for instance, a GMO soy bean in order to make it resistant to Round Up? They could spray the hell out of it and it would still live.

Isn't that the common purpose?

But regardless, GMO products still can clash with your immune system if your body doesn't recognize what you're eating.

PFiDC

The Cannabis Corner

Postby PFiDC » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:58 am

It's not just what GMOs do to the food. It's what the extra pesticides (roundup) are doing to the soil beneath it.

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:09 am

Question: do you believe that rates for cancer, autism, digestive and other autoimmune disorders are on the rise?

Follow up: if so, what would you attribute this to?

PFiDC

The Cannabis Corner

Postby PFiDC » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:13 am

Question: do you believe that rates for cancer, autism, digestive and other autoimmune disorders are on the rise?

Vaccines

:slug:

Silentom

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Silentom » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:17 am

Population increase. :pop: :slug:

blackjack68

The Cannabis Corner

Postby blackjack68 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:18 am

Well this topic has veered wildly off course.
I'm guilty.

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:28 am

Well this topic has veered wildly off course.
I'm guilty.
although i did appreciate your notion that, if you're adamantly anti-chemical, then it doesn't make a ton of sense to pump your body full of...you know...chemicals.

but back on track...regardless of HOW you think inflammation occurs, it is occurring. for a staggering amount of people. you know what fights inflammation? steroids steroids steroids. but you know what else does, and is 100% natural and possibly the most potent all-natural anti-inflammatory in existence?

the reefer.

i don't use it because of legal things, but i just had to get a liver biopsy because there's some mystery inflammation going on in my body. if it was legal, or even decriminalized, i would be using it almost every night.

blackjack68

The Cannabis Corner

Postby blackjack68 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:34 am

I don't disagree that it should be decriminalized and I'm guessing our next governor of the Garden State will step in that direction. Not that that helps you now, but maybe in a few years.

blackjack68

The Cannabis Corner

Postby blackjack68 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:35 am

On another note, work has blocked this thread because of "adult content."

If I post in here, it has to be from my phone.

obhave

The Cannabis Corner

Postby obhave » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:36 am

I think there are too many environmental impacts for one thing to be the main cause of the increase. Although we are testing for things more (so more cases will arise), I do think some of those problems are on the rise.

I'm not saying that GMOs are all well and good, there is just not enough research on either side. Increased research will lead to increased safety, but we can't just let Monsanto and the like lead the charge, as they have been. I'm more pro research than pro GMO.

PFiDC

The Cannabis Corner

Postby PFiDC » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:39 am

I think there are too many environmental impacts for one thing to be the main cause of the increase. Although we are testing for things more (so more cases will arise), I do think some of those problems are on the rise.

I'm not saying that GMOs are all well and good, there is just not enough research on either side. Increased research will lead to increased safety, but we can't just let Monsanto and the like lead the charge, as they have been. I'm more pro research than pro GMO.
This is the scary part. They are putting these things into our food and even proponents of it say that there is not enough research. I mean....come on!

obhave

The Cannabis Corner

Postby obhave » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:40 am

It's not just what GMOs do to the food. It's what the extra pesticides (roundup) are doing to the soil beneath it.
And some GMOs lead to being able to use different types of soil compared to before.

Its all a balance that still needs to be understood better. Shameless plug for more money for research.

obhave

The Cannabis Corner

Postby obhave » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:42 am

Instead of lobbying the gov to put labels on food, we should be lobbying for more agriculture research.

Don't let Monsanto be the only one funding the research.

obhave

The Cannabis Corner

Postby obhave » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:44 am

Oh and on topic, Im all for legalization, just keep it out of he hands of minors until the effects of young people smoking is better understood. But I think that part of all laws being considered.