The Cannabis Corner

shafnutz05

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue May 11, 2021 12:49 pm

Rhythm, I think, is my favorite grower.
Yeah, they have good stuff.

I am trying to figure out what is considered "a lot". For example, when I do an evening vape session, I typically put about 0.15-0.20 grams into the Mighty, and I am all set. Is that a lot for one session? I know it's all tolerance-based but that puts me in a good spot.

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Tue May 11, 2021 1:39 pm

That is not a lot. That’s about average or a touch below average, from what I gather. I’m probably at .7 or so per bedtime session.

faftorial

The Cannabis Corner

Postby faftorial » Tue May 11, 2021 2:15 pm

That is not a lot. That’s about average or a touch below average, from what I gather. I’m probably at .7 or so per bedtime session.
Does Mrs. S partake in the festivities?

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Tue May 11, 2021 2:22 pm

She does not.

shafnutz05

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue May 11, 2021 6:19 pm

OK, gotcha. So do you just vape and refill multiple times?

By the time I finish the roughly 10 minute session, I'm already feeling it pretty good.

PFiDC

The Cannabis Corner

Postby PFiDC » Tue May 11, 2021 6:23 pm

I like how it can be consumed in that way but man smoking weed has gotten complicated. I'm also lucky that my medicinal use is most effective when smoked.

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Tue May 11, 2021 6:43 pm

OK, gotcha. So do you just vape and refill multiple times?

By the time I finish the roughly 10 minute session, I'm already feeling it pretty good.
I pack the mighty with a lot of material. Go at it for 10 mins at 410 and then repeat once. So I’m basically same as you but I cram in a little more and run it twice.

I just replaced my broken volcano with a new model. That thing gets you more baked than the mighty but it’s desktop, not portable. Looking forward to getting back to that device as my daily driver.

shafnutz05

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue May 11, 2021 6:46 pm

I like how it can be consumed in that way but man smoking weed has gotten complicated. I'm also lucky that my medicinal use is most effective when smoked.
Dude, honestly vaping (especially with a nice vape like the Mighty) is super easy and wayyyyyyy better for you. I don't miss combustion at all.

The only thing you are getting with combustion that you don't get vaping at 410 is all the nasty stuff.

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Tue May 11, 2021 6:57 pm

Weeeeell not exactly. One of the reasons the volcano is better is because it goes to 446. You get extra body high and extra sedation at that temp. Combustion would even get you a tad more but it also depends on how you smoke. A grav bong is gonna mess you up more than a regular bong for reasons I can only guess.

...but the mighty still gets you pretty smashed if your tolerance isn’t f’d.

Combustion is just such a nonstarter. My house can’t stink and I can’t live with the paranoia about my lungs.

PFiDC

The Cannabis Corner

Postby PFiDC » Tue May 11, 2021 8:13 pm

I'm at the "I need someone to teach me how to do this" stage of pothead.

I should probably switch to a cleaner method for daily use. I do like the communal feeling of passing a bowl or joint around with friends but that's a rare occurrence these days.

eddy

The Cannabis Corner

Postby eddy » Wed May 12, 2021 6:57 am

I'm at the "I need someone to teach me how to do this" stage of pothead.

I should probably switch to a cleaner method for daily use. I do like the communal feeling of passing a bowl or joint around with friends but that's a rare occurrence these days.
Same. Hard for me to pass up that silly grin I have when I'm on my roof ripping a wizard pipe. By the time I pay for my card and a decent vaporizer, I feel like I'd spend more than I would on that rich green for a year.

eddy

The Cannabis Corner

Postby eddy » Wed May 12, 2021 7:06 am

I wonder how much of a difference vaporizing makes on your lungs? After 25 years of pretty regular use with bowls, joints and bongs, I got my lungs checked out and they are all clear. With getting older, I get a physical once a year to check PSA, heart, etc just to keep an eye on things and that certainly holds peace of mind for me.

shafnutz05

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:41 pm

Curious...for those of you that have used the vape cartridges from the dispensary. How many hits (and how many seconds per hit) gets you to where you want to be? I guess that is a subjective question, so I would ask: How many to get a nice light buzz, and how many to get "heavily medicated"? I'm talking about a standard vape cartridge, something like 85% THC.

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:50 pm

For a beginner…Doing 5-10 seconds a hit, you could get baked pretty easy after 5 or so hits. Problem with carts is that you might find yourself wanting a little more and then a little more. It’s so easy to up the ante, it’s the death of low tolerance. Tread carefully. It’s been the ruin of many.

shafnutz05

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:55 pm

For a beginner…Doing 5-10 seconds a hit, you could get baked pretty easy after 5 or so hits. Problem with carts is that you might find yourself wanting a little more and then a little more. It’s so easy to up the ante, it’s the death of low tolerance. Tread carefully. It’s been the ruin of many.
Thank you sir. OK, I was afraid that I was doing too much and that my tolerance had increased, but I am really not. Usually my sweet spot is 3 hits, about 4-5 seconds each. And that's with a couple of months of semi-frequent use. I haven't wanted to go over that. You're right, cartridges are dangerous.

eddy

The Cannabis Corner

Postby eddy » Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:56 pm

Sounds like smenguin is already there. I don't think I've ever taken 5 hits. One hit works nicely, two or three gets me toasty. A cartridge can easily last me a couple months.

PFiDC

The Cannabis Corner

Postby PFiDC » Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:01 pm

10 second pulls off a battery? And 5 total hits? 50 seconds of pull? Holy **** dude your tolerance must be sky high. I'm a daily user and even when my tolerance is increased due to using vapes 1-2, 3-5 second pulls is more than enough to send me to space.

eddy

The Cannabis Corner

Postby eddy » Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:04 pm

Speaking of carts, I enjoyed cresco version of runtz, keystone banana or something like that?

shafnutz05

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:06 pm

I also think I need to invest in a proper vape battery. The one I use is a generic one you can screw onto anything and doesn't have any kind of customization option. I don't think my amperage is high enough.

PFiDC

The Cannabis Corner

Postby PFiDC » Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:08 pm

I also think I need to invest in a proper vape battery. The one I use is a generic one you can screw onto anything and doesn't have any kind of customization option. I don't think my amperage is high enough.
Yeah that could definitely be a factor. The one I have isn't fancy shmancy but it does have a basic amperage potentiometer. I've been 100% flower for several months now. Might be time to head to the shop for another cart...

eddy

The Cannabis Corner

Postby eddy » Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:19 pm

Yeah that could definitely be a factor. The one I have isn't fancy shmancy but it does have a basic amperage potentiometer. I've been 100% flower for several months now. Might be time to head to the shop for another cart...
I have a couple$15 ooze pens or something like that. Works fine. I too have been mostly flower over last couple months, basically just rolling jibbers and holy **** does it rip up my throat after being vape for a while

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:32 pm

10 second pulls off a battery? And 5 total hits? 50 seconds of pull? Holy **** dude your tolerance must be sky high. I'm a daily user and even when my tolerance is increased due to using vapes 1-2, 3-5 second pulls is more than enough to send me to space.
I’ve had issues with high tolerance since day 1. It’s a curse. I could do infinite hits on a cart and not get too blitzed.

But I took a tolerance break for a week and am back to a reasonable state. It’s physically impossible for me to get “stoned” though. Always has been.

…so don’t take my advice on this shaf.

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:33 pm

Look out for Maitri, btw. Great new grower.

Rhythm…Insa…Maitri…Prime. All really good. FarmRx is top tier but costs a fortune. Stay away from gleaf and Kind Tree.

eddy

The Cannabis Corner

Postby eddy » Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:47 pm

Rhythm flower has been my goto, I've been really impressed, their golden goat is fire. I had some gleaf not too long ago and it was pretty good

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:22 pm

Their Gelato 33 is the exact vibe I’m looking for.