The Cannabis Corner

Postby faftorial » Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:38 pm

$100 for a quarter. That's horrendous
Dispensary and legal weed is expensive.
LBL = Black Market

faftorial

The Cannabis Corner

Postby faftorial » Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:43 pm

That said I don't like spending over $70 a quarter.

PFiDC

The Cannabis Corner

Postby PFiDC » Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:37 am

$175 an oz...

eddy

The Cannabis Corner

Postby eddy » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:17 am

I've gotten in a pretty good routine of using the cartridge around 3 days a week. At first I didn't really care for them, but they were convenient. It seems like they've come a long way and I find it to be more enjoyable than I did a couple years ago. I still prefer flower and my gandalf pipe is so fun to use, but the convenience of the cartridge with everything going on in my house still is strong. Love starting out the night with flower and a bowl and then using cart as needed for rest of the night. After using mainly carts for the past year, I'm really surprised at how **** up I still get from ripping a bowl. Add those all together on a sunny day with an edible and things are terrific.

Willie Kool

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Willie Kool » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:19 pm

New York has an agreement on legislation to be introduced as soon as next week. It reportedly includes a home grow provision.

shafnutz05

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:28 pm

Today I learned that you can take bud that you've already vaped, and use it to make edibles. I really wish I would have known that about two months ago :lol:

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:54 pm

AVB (already vaped bud) and peanut butter...put it in the toaster oven on a cracker. This is the common thing.

But I actually haven’t tried it since it sounds gross (like most edibles that aren’t professionally made)

Lemon Berry Lobster

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:58 pm

Have a buddy that makes some killer edibles. You can even take the left over bud and make treats for your pet. His doofus of a dog got on the counter and ate all of it. Doofus was in a different dimension for a day.

eddy

The Cannabis Corner

Postby eddy » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:04 pm

I was kind of amazed at the difference in quality from home made edibles to legally purchased edibles from Michigan.

shafnutz05

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:05 pm

@shmenguin I have been playing around with the Mighty. My new thing is to start at 190, finish the vapor, and bring it up to 200. I am actually shocked how much more vapor comes after that temperature increase. Talk about getting the most bang for your buck.

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:32 pm

@shmenguin I have been playing around with the Mighty. My new thing is to start at 190, finish the vapor, and bring it up to 200. I am actually shocked how much more vapor comes after that temperature increase. Talk about getting the most bang for your buck.
That’s Celsius right?

I used to get real fancy and go up in temperature throughout my session.

I then realized you get less potency out of the same material that way. I go full blast to 410 and leave it there. Common misconception about vaping is that it’s more potent than smoking (nope) because you can precisely burn off cannabinoids at the right temp. Also nope - low temps do nothing but convert the high into flavor.

eddy

The Cannabis Corner

Postby eddy » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:40 pm

That's interesting. So besides flavor and avoiding combustion, any other benefits?

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:46 pm

That's interesting. So besides flavor and avoiding combustion, any other benefits?
Lower temps hit the body less for some reason. Maybe the helpful stuff for pain requires > 400 degrees.

The armchair pulmonologists are funny, who think 400 degrees means you’re inhaling combusted matter. They’re all over message boards sharing that nonsense.

PFiDC

The Cannabis Corner

Postby PFiDC » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:48 pm

Weed has become complicated...

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:53 pm

I wish I had some black market experience to lean on. I’ve spent so much money on new strains, looking to match what I experienced 10 years ago (the only time I tried black market). My 5 years in NJ and PA programs have given me nothing close to that blast off effect and I don’t know why.

My brain? Or medical strains are missing something?

Like...why doesn’t weed smell like weed anymore? I’ve been around plenty of black market stuff in college and whatnot. It smelled utterly foul. My conspiracy theory is that the fouler the stench the more it screws you up, and the more it smells like lemons and mint, the less effect it has. And these medical programs know their customers want taste/smell for some reason so they grow terpy stuff you can puff on all day.

PFiDC

The Cannabis Corner

Postby PFiDC » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:01 pm

I am finding I will get what I refer to as "Strain Tolerance". I am not sure if there is science behind this but if I consume a particular strain for, say, 5-7 days straight, the effect lessens over the week. If I then switch to a different strain, even one that is "less potent", it's like I took a month off and get baked AF. Doesn't matter if it's indica, sativa, or hybrid. If I stick with one strain I get a tolerance for it. This is flower only as I have not noticed this with carts, edibles, or tinctures.

Unfortunately I have been sucking on my DART Pod for about 2 weeks so my overall tolerance is ****. Gonna have to take a week off to reset. But man that first week was amazing. Pina Colada DART Pod. Highly recommend.

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:03 pm

My strain tolerance:

1st session: this is the best I’ve ever had
Sessions 2 thru n: why did I think this was good?

For me, it’s one and done. My brain remembers the profile very precisely I guess.

PFiDC

The Cannabis Corner

Postby PFiDC » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:06 pm

So dispensaries are great for you since you can order from a menu. My "dude" usually has 2-3 strains to choose from but it's not the dozens that the dispensary has.

faftorial

The Cannabis Corner

Postby faftorial » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:08 pm

I wish I had some black market experience to lean on. I’ve spent so much money on new strains, looking to match what I experienced 10 years ago (the only time I tried black market). My 5 years in NJ and PA programs have given me nothing close to that blast off effect and I don’t know why.

Like...why doesn’t weed smell like weed anymore? I’ve been around plenty of black market stuff in college and whatnot. It smelled utterly foul. My conspiracy theory is that the fouler the stench the more it screws you up, and the more it smells like lemons and mint, the less effect it has. And these medical programs know their customers want taste/smell for some reason so they grow terpy stuff you can puff on all day.
You will never replicate that first time getting high experience.

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:14 pm

There were about 10 sessions over 2 months where I was on the moon.

PFiDC

The Cannabis Corner

Postby PFiDC » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:17 pm

That's what I keep telling people about MDMA...

eddy

The Cannabis Corner

Postby eddy » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:44 am

Not sure what's happening with you guys, but I get feeling good just about everytime. I haven't really noticed a difference and I basically stopped chasing specific strains. Definitely have crossed over to sativa for about 85% of my use now.

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:30 am

Not sure what's happening with you guys, but I get feeling good just about everytime. I haven't really noticed a difference and I basically stopped chasing specific strains. Definitely have crossed over to sativa for about 85% of my use now.
With every strain, I can get a distinct profile. Either end of the indica/sativa spectrum isn’t particularly helpful for me. Pure sativas make me too jittery. Not relaxing. And pure indicas are boring. And I realize there’s some debate on what indica/sativa means in practice.

There’s a hybrid profile that’s right up my ally. Sleepy, pain relieving and euphoric. Ice cream cake, Mac, GMO, Wedding Cake, layer cake, sunset sherbet. These all have that great balance.

PFiDC

The Cannabis Corner

Postby PFiDC » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:40 pm

Favorite everyday strain: Girl Scout Cookies
Favorite indica strain: OG Kush
Favorite sativa strain: Gorilla Glue

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:02 pm

Hate hate hate Girl Scout Cookies.

...though I suspect the place in jersey wasn’t growing it right. Who knows if they even knew what strains they had, they were so bad.

Is this a straight head buzz strain for you?