The Cannabis Corner

shoeshine boy

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shoeshine boy » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:34 am

in GA, cannabis still isn't legal. we're on the cusp of having some medical marijuana and of course, there are CBD stores all over the place. one company that just opened in my 'hood is using a loophole to sell Delta 8 THC. anyone have any experience with this?

https://thegeorgiahempcompany.com/produ ... y/delta-8/

Viva la Ben

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Viva la Ben » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:41 am

Delta 8 is great. Not nearly the anxiety id get from delta 9 (much more powerful)...its weed lite.

PFiDC

The Cannabis Corner

Postby PFiDC » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:46 pm

Anyone else here use concentrates? Dabs, if you will. I bought a gram of concentrate and a vaporizer but the product is gooey and placing a small amount on the coils as instructed is very frustrating as it sticks to everything. They are adamant, DON'T POKE THE COIL, but how the F am I supposed to get it off the the scraper onto the coil? Is freezing a concentrate a viable option and then I can break off a piece to stick in there?

eddy

The Cannabis Corner

Postby eddy » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:50 pm

Tried it and way too much of a pain in the ass for me. I'll be happy when this dumb state legalizes edibles.

PFiDC

The Cannabis Corner

Postby PFiDC » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:52 pm

I think I'm in the same boat. I'll probably just use it to line a paper and roll a joint. Make a "Tarantula Leg" joint:

Line the inside of the paper with concentrate
Roll flower into paper
Cover the front (the end you burn) half with concentrate
Coat sticky portion with kief

Smoke and enjoy...

Lemon Berry Lobster

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:03 pm

Just get a pack of white owls and roll a blunt

PFiDC

The Cannabis Corner

Postby PFiDC » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:09 pm

Just get a pack of white owls and roll a blunt
Then it wouldn't be a blunt... :D

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:11 pm

Puffco Pro pen + Live Resin (and not gooey live resin, the more solid stuff). No coil to touch. Put a spoonful in and you can vape all day from it. Smells like a dream too.

But extracts overall are meh for me. I used to make my own rosin and it was the same. You get like 75% of the plant’s profile and sort of a generic high - which doesn’t last nearly as long.

Good for quick discrete hits and portability/travel. Otherwise blech.

PFiDC

The Cannabis Corner

Postby PFiDC » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:15 pm

Yeah I got the gooey stuff. Oh well. I'll make use of it and look for something different next time. Is there a difference between "shatter" and "concentrate"? Is shatter the harder stuff, density wise?

PFiDC

The Cannabis Corner

Postby PFiDC » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:16 pm

Also, at 40, I feared this day. Having to ask questions about the marijuana...

Kaiser

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Kaiser » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:18 pm

Anyone else here use concentrates? Dabs, if you will. I bought a gram of concentrate and a vaporizer but the product is gooey and placing a small amount on the coils as instructed is very frustrating as it sticks to everything. They are adamant, DON'T POKE THE COIL, but how the F am I supposed to get it off the the scraper onto the coil? Is freezing a concentrate a viable option and then I can break off a piece to stick in there?
I tried this and couldnt stand it. Not only does it not do what I want, but dealing with that goo is more of a pain in the ass than its worth. The coils need replaced too often, and if you lose track of how much you burned, it can make you sick as hell. Ive found the easiest and most efficient way to get properly F'd up is to buy prerolls, then squeeze the grind into a pipe.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

The Cannabis Corner

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:18 pm

in GA, cannabis still isn't legal. we're on the cusp of having some medical marijuana and of course, there are CBD stores all over the place. one company that just opened in my 'hood is using a loophole to sell Delta 8 THC. anyone have any experience with this?

https://thegeorgiahempcompany.com/produ ... y/delta-8/
delta 8 is legal here in NC. I wasn't sure about it, got a tincture tried it and...was confused. It got me high, pretty similar to THC. I was equally anxious too. I was confused as to how this **** was legal hahaah

albeit I'm a relatively new THC user but it felt like the same thing. Only thing I'm concerned about is to extract teh dleta 8 there are some sketchy practices and I have no idea how to verify if what I have is good or not

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:46 pm

Yeah I got the gooey stuff. Oh well. I'll make use of it and look for something different next time. Is there a difference between "shatter" and "concentrate"? Is shatter the harder stuff, density wise?
“Prime” makes something called live sugar. It’s a perfect live resin to use in something like a puffco.

Shatter is a type of concentrate. Most often made with butane. Sometimes Co2. It’s just what happens when you run a cured plant thru a solvent. Shatter...wax...bho

Live resin also uses a Co2 solvent, but it’s done pre-curing after the bud is frozen. So all the flavors and whatnot are retained. It’s really wild. Smells impossibly good.

And then there’s “rosin” which is just bud that you crush in a hair iron until the trichomes melt and ooze out onto parchment paper.

...growers have a lot of weird names now for different variants, but this covers the essentials.

shafnutz05

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:26 pm

Shatter is like the fastest way to send yourself into a serious tolerance problem, no?

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:32 pm

Shatter is like the fastest way to send yourself into a serious tolerance problem, no?
Cartridges are. But yeah...similar idea.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

The Cannabis Corner

Postby count2infinity » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:27 pm

Hey shmenguin, will there be dispensaries open for recreational in NJ by say the second week of November? Asking for a friend.

PFiDC

The Cannabis Corner

Postby PFiDC » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:42 pm

Cartridges are. But yeah...similar idea.
I have a cart but it's for migraines only. I'm usually just a flower guy.

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:47 pm

Hey shmenguin, will there be dispensaries open for recreational in NJ by say the second week of November? Asking for a friend.
November 2023, yes.

Issue with Jersey is that they can’t even keep up with medical demand. They need to build literally dozens of new shops before it’s possible. It will take years, like with every state.

faftorial

The Cannabis Corner

Postby faftorial » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:49 pm

I'm usually just a flower guy.
:thumb:

I love smoking and have no interest in other delivery methods.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

The Cannabis Corner

Postby count2infinity » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:53 pm

November 2023, yes.

Issue with Jersey is that they can’t even keep up with medical demand. They need to build literally dozens of new shops before it’s possible. It will take years, like with every state.
That’s disappointing. Luckily I attend that conference yearly. Lol

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

The Cannabis Corner

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:11 pm

So, “fun” story

In January I drove up to DC and got some edibles. If you haven’t bought weed from DC, it’s a little weird. I don’t think selling is legal but more decriminalized so you’ll get people running small operations with delivery as a loophole. So got a bunch of 10mg gummy bears through that

My experience with them was pretty good, no bad experiences at all personally, up until Friday. I popped one and two hours later I knew something was wrong. I was high as ******. Tripping out of my anus. I’m relatively new to pot (I first started three years ago and it’s been pretty inconsistent - like maybe a couple times every few months - until I got the stuff from DC), so I didn’t really know how to handle it

It got so bad that I was genuinely horrified that I was going to hurt myself. Like I was almost “hearing” the call of the void to cut myself with a kitchen knife. It was **** weird and terrifying. I was also freezing cold despite being wrapped in 3 blankets.

I called some trusted friends and thankfully they were able to come over and keep me company until I came down two hours later

What I guess happened is the THC didn’t equally distribute throughout the gummy bears and I ate the super concentrated one. Which I’m guessing is one of the big risks with edibles

I have a weird thing with smoking. My stepmom smokes cigarettes and I think that gave me an irrational aversion to all types of smoking, including weed, so I’ve only had edibles

Though to be fair, I had tinctures of delta 8 and that was fine. Sort of like edible but in liquid form. But yeah. I’m not gonna swear off edibles - I’m probably gonna get back on the horse in a couple of weeks - but it was...definitely an experience

PFiDC

The Cannabis Corner

Postby PFiDC » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:19 pm

Oh man I love edible stories. I once took a 2 hour shower on an edible OD because I couldn't decide which shampoo to use.

I use Pink Fox while in DC. Just send em an email and meet the dude at the Trader Joe's in Columbia Heights. I pay $100 for a shitty backpack and get my "free gift" of 1/4 oz of flower inside.

PFiDC

The Cannabis Corner

Postby PFiDC » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:20 pm

Lemon Berry Lobster

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:26 pm

$100 for a quarter. That's horrendous

PFiDC

The Cannabis Corner

Postby PFiDC » Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:03 pm

$100 for a quarter. That's horrendous
Dispensary and legal weed is expensive.