The Cannabis Corner

Willie Kool

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Willie Kool » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:44 am

So I'm trying to figure out if this is the black market carts or if you are good if you are getting them legally through a store...
Public health officials in Oregon said Wednesday that a person who recently died of a severe respiratory illness had used an electronic cigarette containing marijuana oil from a legal dispensary, the second death linked to vaping nationwide and the first tied to a vaping product bought at a pot shop.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/hea ... 218501001/

eddy

The Cannabis Corner

Postby eddy » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:15 am

Interesting. Still wouldn't rule out it being a black market item sold to a legal store. Wonder if they put vitamin e on the contents of what you are getting with the box?

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:12 am

That THC distinction is dubious. Why not just “all vape cartridges”. THC is known to be non-toxic. Thanks tho, FDA. Keep fighting the good fight.

Willie Kool

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Willie Kool » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:11 am

Gov. Tom Wolf calls for legalizing recreational marijuana in Pennsylvania
At a Capitol news conference on Wednesday, Wolf, moved beyond his previously stated position of wanting to study the experience of the 11 other states as well as the District of Columbia that have passed marijuana legalization laws, to announce he thinks it’s time for this state to join them.

He said several legislators “agree with the many Pennsylvanians with making adult-use regulated marijuana use legal – that includes me,” Wolf said. “I agree.”

Fetterman, who has been a proponent of marijuana legalization, declared, “If you are opposed to the recreational adult use of cannabis that is a minority view now in Pennsylvania."
The governor’s call for legalizing pot drew opposition from majority Republican leaders in both chambers.

“Our caucus has no plans or interest in legalizing recreational marijuana," according to a statement from the House Republican leadership team. “We are disappointed and frustrated Governor Wolf would promote recreational use of drug classified as a Schedule I narcotic by the federal government. Our state is the midst of an opioid epidemic. Governor Wolf signed a disaster declaration over the crisis and renewed the declaration six separate times since January 2018. We do not believe easing regulations on illegal drugs is the right move in helping the thousands of Pennsylvanians who are battling drug addiction.”

https://www.pennlive.com/news/2019/09/g ... vania.html

eddy

The Cannabis Corner

Postby eddy » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:52 am

**** Republicans

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

The Cannabis Corner

Postby count2infinity » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:57 am

Source of the post “We are disappointed and frustrated Governor Wolf would promote recreational use of drug classified as a Schedule I narcotic by the federal government. Our state is the midst of an opioid epidemic. Governor Wolf signed a disaster declaration over the crisis and renewed the declaration six separate times since January 2018.
:lol:

wtf does recreational use of marajuana (which will be regulated so people can't slip fentanyl into it... I know nothing of drugs, is that a thing?) have to do with the opioid crisis other than it'll make it less of a crisis as people can just go smoke pot for pain instead of prescription opioids?

shafnutz05

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:25 pm

Source of the post “We are disappointed and frustrated Governor Wolf would promote recreational use of drug classified as a Schedule I narcotic by the federal government. Our state is the midst of an opioid epidemic. Governor Wolf signed a disaster declaration over the crisis and renewed the declaration six separate times since January 2018.
:lol:

wtf does recreational use of marajuana (which will be regulated so people can't slip fentanyl into it... I know nothing of drugs, is that a thing?) have to do with the opioid crisis other than it'll make it less of a crisis as people can just go smoke pot for pain instead of prescription opioids?
Yes...unfortunately this is one area where I find Republicans loathsome. Like you said, pot would actually help people veer away from opioids, but the fcking pharma lobby, much like they are currently trying to do with kratom, is doing everything in their power to either ban it or keep it banned. It amazes me that in 2019, someone in Alabama, for example, can get caught with a perfectly normal amount of kratom, be charged with intent to distribute, and put in prison for years as a felon. For a substance that is legal in 45 states. **** Republicans in that regard.

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:30 pm

Pharma is not the biggest obstacle. Local police and prison unions are more influential. Even at the federal level, I don’t think pharma is the boogeyman here.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

The Cannabis Corner

Postby count2infinity » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:34 pm

Definitely not pharma's fault... it's the fault of people that have had it driven into their thick skulls that marijuana is super dangerous. They'll die eventually, but it doesn't help the current predicament we find ourselves in.

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:46 pm

Definitely not pharma's fault... it's the fault of people that have had it driven into their thick skulls that marijuana is super dangerous. They'll die eventually, but it doesn't help the current predicament we find ourselves in.
Yeah...as much power as lobbyists have, they can’t force you to ignore polling numbers. The reason that the Feds are now on the pot is cool bandwagon is because national support finally got over 60%. So while sure...police lobbyists should go play in traffic, it’s the elderly democrats and republicans over the age of 40-50 that have been screwing this up for everyone.

shafnutz05

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:52 pm

Pharma is not the biggest obstacle. Local police and prison unions are more influential. Even at the federal level, I don’t think pharma is the boogeyman here.
Hmm... Good point.

Willie Kool

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Willie Kool » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:25 pm

count2infinity

The Cannabis Corner

Postby count2infinity » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:22 am

Good ole Fulton County... can always rely on them to be backwards on everything.

Willie Kool

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Willie Kool » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:47 pm

Mexican lawmakers are debating the details of legislation that would legalize marijuana nationwide. Some are projecting that legislation could be ready for consideration as soon as late October
https://www.greenentrepreneur.com/article/340607

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:53 pm

So...is anyone else in the PA program? Would like to exchange notes. Also, AMA if you’re curious about how it works.

...waaaaaaaaaaay better than NJ by the way

Troy Loney

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:59 pm

So...is anyone else in the PA program? Would like to exchange notes. Also, AMA if you’re curious about how it works.

Medical marijuana program?

faftorial

The Cannabis Corner

Postby faftorial » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:05 pm

I am.

count2infinity

The Cannabis Corner

Postby count2infinity » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:11 pm

Seems like too many hoops for someone such as myself who has never partaken before, but is mildly curious. I'll just wait for it to become legal, legal.

Troy Loney

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:15 pm

My wife has one for anxiety. Her therapist put her in contact with a doctor that writes the scripts. Costs a good chunk of money.

count2infinity

The Cannabis Corner

Postby count2infinity » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:17 pm

Yeah... currently, my therapy is drink a beer/cocktail and pick at my thumb cuticles when I get super anxious. May not be as effective, but it's much cheaper than going through a process to purchase goods that may or may not work for me.

PFiDC

The Cannabis Corner

Postby PFiDC » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:24 pm

Yo....

eddy

The Cannabis Corner

Postby eddy » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:25 pm

Seems like too many hoops for someone such as myself who has never partaken before, but is mildly curious. I'll just wait for it to become legal, legal.
I just renewed for my second year. Did everything online and took less than 20 seconds with the virtual doctor. A coworker went the online route as well and got their first time license with zero doctor notes. Online also saved me $150.

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:45 pm

I just renewed for my second year. Did everything online and took less than 20 seconds with the virtual doctor. A coworker went the online route as well and got their first time license with zero doctor notes. Online also saved me $150.
What’s your jam? You seem like a flower guy, not an extract guy. Favorite strains? Growers? You too Faftorial...what’s good?

Insa and Grassroots seem to put more care into their grow, but I haven’t noticed material differences in effect from a lower prestige grower like Gleaf.

Very impossible to read Reddit reviews and glean anything from them since most internet consumers seem to care about taste and nugget size over the effects for some reason.

Troy Loney

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:47 pm

I don't think you can get anything in PA besides vape pens. At least that's what the people at Maitri have told us.

faftorial

The Cannabis Corner

Postby faftorial » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:51 pm

What’s your jam? You seem like a flower guy, not an extract guy. Favorite strains? Growers? You too Faftorial...what’s good?

Insa and Grassroots seem to put more care into their grow, but I haven’t noticed material differences in effect from a lower prestige grower like Gleaf.

Very impossible to read Reddit reviews and glean anything from them since most internet consumers seem to care about taste and nugget size over the effects for some reason.
Until a few months ago, I bought what was available and it sold out quickly but recently the shortage has been over. When I have a choice I go for the balanced hybrids. Some of those indicas just make me want to sleep.