The Cannabis Corner

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:13 pm

The bill sets standards for tracking plants, certifying physicians and licensing growers, dispensaries and physicians. Patients could take marijuana in pill, oil, vapor or liquid form but would not be able to legally obtain marijuana to smoke or to grow their own.
What is "oil, vapor, or liquid form"?
you immerse the raw plant in a solvent of some sort (butane or alcohol for instance) and it "washes" the good stuff out into a concentrated liquid, which is then reduced into the goo being referred to here.

columbia

The Cannabis Corner

Postby columbia » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:19 pm

Kind of like rosemary infused olive oil.

PFiDC

The Cannabis Corner

Postby PFiDC » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:12 pm

The bill sets standards for tracking plants, certifying physicians and licensing growers, dispensaries and physicians. Patients could take marijuana in pill, oil, vapor or liquid form but would not be able to legally obtain marijuana to smoke or to grow their own.
What is "oil, vapor, or liquid form"?
you immerse the raw plant in a solvent of some sort (butane or alcohol for instance) and it "washes" the good stuff out into a concentrated liquid, which is then reduced into the goo being referred to here.
Same method for making a tincture and is much better for I think since it isn't inhaled. You also have to decarboxylate the cannabis before soaking or else you wont extract any THC.

slappybrown

The Cannabis Corner

Postby slappybrown » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:24 pm

So I don't understand the tech obviously, but let's say Johnny Potsmoker who wants to use recreationally goes to a doc here in PA:

1) Says he has anxiety, and gets a script.

2) This script says he can use pot in "oil, vapor, or liquid form"

3) He...does what with the "goo"? He's buying the goo right? Not doing this solvent washing?

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:30 pm

So I don't understand the tech obviously, but let's say Johnny Potsmoker who wants to use recreationally goes to a doc here in PA:

1) Says he has anxiety, and gets a script.

2) This script says he can use pot in "oil, vapor, or liquid form"

3) He...does what with the "goo"? He's buying the goo right? Not doing this solvent washing?
1) swap "anxiety" with "bad back" for starters.
2) there won't be a script. the doctor will tell the state to give johnny his green card. that's all. the card allows him in the door at the dispensary. once there he can buy what he wants...provided he hasn't reached his quota for the month or whatever. the quota being ounces of goo...mg's of THC...i don't know how they'll figure that out.
3) he buys the goo. he can't have plant so he can't soak it in everclear. with the goo, he can either take it orally or vape it. or dab it if he's feeling silly (which is smoke inhalation).

slappybrown

The Cannabis Corner

Postby slappybrown » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:32 pm

What is "dab it"?

Weed is weird now.

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:34 pm

Same method for making a tincture and is much better for I think since it isn't inhaled. You also have to decarboxylate the cannabis before soaking or else you wont extract any THC.
decarbing compromises certain non-THC cannabinoids, however. but yeah...THC is the star of the show, so folks be decarbing.

as far as health benefits, vaping raw flower seeeeeeems like it's just as safe as orally ingested methods.

columbia

The Cannabis Corner

Postby columbia » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:35 pm

It sounds like smoking heroin tar.

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:36 pm

What is "dab it"?

Weed is weird now.
prepare for things to get weirder.

you get a bong and attach a titanium "nail" instead of a bowl. you heat it with a blow torch until it's nice and burny and then you take a little nub of goo and apply it to the hot thing. it turns into smoke, gets sucked into the bong, and then right up into your lungs.

friendly reminder that i haven't even seen weed in person in many many years

PFiDC

The Cannabis Corner

Postby PFiDC » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:37 pm

decarbing compromises certain non-THC cannabinoids, however. but yeah...THC is the star of the show, so folks be decarbing.

as far as health benefits, vaping raw flower seeeeeeems like it's just as safe as orally ingested methods.
Medicinally I totally agree with you. For those of us who enjoy cannabis for both recreational AND medicinal purposes though, I'd go with the tincture.

The oils, or dabs if you will, are just concentrated oils that are vaped like an e-cig and one would be able to procure them from a dispensary I would imagine.

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:43 pm

also worth noting that the goo in question can be up to 90% pure THC

Viva la Ben

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Viva la Ben » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:57 pm

Dabbing is like using hot knives back in the day

Viva la Ben

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Viva la Ben » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:03 pm

There are 17 medical conditions a doctor can recommend medical marijuana for in Pennsylvania

Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
Autism
Cancer
Crohn’s Disease
Damage to the nervous tissue of the spinal cord with objective neurological indication of intractable spasticity
Epilepsy
Glaucoma
HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus) / AIDS (Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome)
Huntington’s Disease
Inflammatory Bowel Syndrome
Intractable Seizures
Multiple Sclerosis
Neuropathies
Parkinson’s Disease
Post-traumatic Stress Disorder
Severe chronic or intractable pain of neuropathic origin or severe chronic or intractable pain in which conventional therapeutic intervention and opiate therapy is contraindicated or ineffective
Sickle Cell Anemia

Factorial

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Factorial » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:13 pm

A script is going to be very difficult to get.

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:14 pm

There are 17 medical conditions a doctor can recommend medical marijuana for in Pennsylvania

Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
Autism
Cancer
Crohn’s Disease
Damage to the nervous tissue of the spinal cord with objective neurological indication of intractable spasticity
Epilepsy
Glaucoma
HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus) / AIDS (Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome)
Huntington’s Disease
Inflammatory Bowel Syndrome
Intractable Seizures
Multiple Sclerosis
Neuropathies
Parkinson’s Disease
Post-traumatic Stress Disorder
Severe chronic or intractable pain of neuropathic origin or severe chronic or intractable pain in which conventional therapeutic intervention and opiate therapy is contraindicated or ineffective
Sickle Cell Anemia
Damage to the nervous tissue of the spinal cord with objective neurological indication of intractable spasticity - if you have a slipped disc, you're eligible.
A script is going to be very difficult to get.
nope.

Severe chronic or intractable pain of neuropathic origin or severe chronic or intractable pain in which conventional therapeutic intervention and opiate therapy is contraindicated or ineffective - this is the backdoor hack. if you want to get high in PA, you can get high. the rub is that you need to go see a doctor about pain you either don't have or you are greatly exaggerating.

Factorial

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Factorial » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:20 pm

if you want to get high in PA, you can get high. the rub is that you need to go see a doctor about pain you either don't have or you are greatly exaggerating.
Hmm, I do have ulnar neuropathy.

Viva la Ben

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Viva la Ben » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:21 pm

Doctors must take a four hour training to be eligible to recommend medical marijuana. There are no prescriptions.

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:23 pm

if you want to get high in PA, you can get high. the rub is that you need to go see a doctor about pain you either don't have or you are greatly exaggerating.
then you get the goo.

Factorial

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Factorial » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:27 pm

then you get the goo.
Or a recommendation for surgery. That's just crazy they want you to take opioids first. The times I've had them they make me nauseous and now tv is telling me opioid users need special laxatives for their constipation.

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:35 pm

That's just crazy they want you to take opioids first.
i wouldn't worry about that. get documentation that you simply received a prescription for pills at some point. the safe money is on that being enough.

Gaucho

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Gaucho » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:15 pm

One moment of bliss - a lifetime of regret!

http://mashable.com/2016/04/18/anti-wee ... DkHB7XPkqW

Willie Kool

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Willie Kool » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:26 am

Lemon Berry Lobster

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:41 pm

My brain woke me up at 4:17 A.M. this morning.

PFiDC

The Cannabis Corner

Postby PFiDC » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:25 pm

Happy holidays

Silentom

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Silentom » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:38 pm