The Cannabis Corner

faftorial

The Cannabis Corner

Postby faftorial » Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:09 pm

You guys in here may be interested in learning that the Pennsylvania Supreme Court recently joined several other states in holding that, due to the legalization of medical marijuana, the smell of marijuana—by itself—cannot establish probable cause to permit a police officer to conduct a warrantless search.
Does that include the smell burning weed?

Shyster

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Shyster » Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:15 pm

Yes. Supposedly there was testimony in the case that vaping and smoking produce the same smell. Whether that is bull or not I don't know, but the Court accepted that argument.

faftorial

The Cannabis Corner

Postby faftorial » Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:26 pm

Yes. Supposedly there was testimony in the case that vaping and smoking produce the same smell. Whether that is bull or not I don't know, but the Court accepted that argument.
That's bs.

I'm thinking smoking a joint vs vaping some liquefied thc.

I'm not sure what sort of odor a vaporizer puts out.

Ad@m

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Ad@m » Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:13 am

For the first time in history, Pennsylvania’s general assembly officially took up the legalization of recreational marijuana. A Senate hearing discussed it on Monday, Feb. 7, and it may not be imminent, but because of the money it could generate, it may be inevitable.

The district attorney from Warren County, Rob Greene, wants Pennsylvania to give recreational marijuana a green light. “Get on board. Start the regulation. Do it the right way and lead rather than follow what the trend is,” Greene said.

But Philadelphia City councilman, Curtis Jones, worries about the message legalization sends. “Just what we need, more intoxicants in the inner city. I’d rather you send me more books or fruits and vegetables to feed our kids,” Jones said.

The hearing on Monday mostly supported legalization. Philadelphia State Representative Amen Brown says people are already doing it, so the state should oversee it.

“They have access to it already, so let’s make sure we give them a quality safe product to where they can wake up the next morning after they have a good time,” Brown said.
:lol:

The PA Family Institute thinks otherwise and says letting the good times roll is a bad idea.

“There are representatives and senators in this building that say marijuana is harmless, it’s as harmless as it gets. That’s not the case. It’s a false look at science, and look at the evidence, it’s an addictive and harmful drug,” said Dan Bartkowiak, PA Family Institute.

Pennsylvania’s Chief of Police Association is also opposed. It has seen predictions that legalizing could generate a billion dollars for the state and they wonder, at what cost?

“How do you put a price tag on a loved one who’s lost in a traffic fatality or serious incident,” said Scott Bohn, executive director of the association.

Senate Republican leadership says recreational pot is not a top priority right now, but Senator Mike Regan thinks he can change the minds of his GOP colleagues.

“A lot of Republicans out there think people aren’t for it. Well, ok, we’ll do a poll in your district and we’ll tell you exactly how people feel about this,” Senator Regan said.

Senator Dan Laughlin (R-Erie) says the state should tax and regulate and make pot safer. Yes, there is money to be made, but that’s not his priority.

To those who feel legalization sends the wrong message, Senator Laughlin says, “I think they probably shouldn’t drink in front of their children then.”

Senator Regan promises at least two more hearings, including one with states that have already legalized to see what problems they have experienced.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

The Cannabis Corner

Postby count2infinity » Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:19 am

All the data is there to support legalization... at this point if you're against it, you're either ignorant, have ulterior motives, or both.

eddy

The Cannabis Corner

Postby eddy » Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:27 am

Those that are against it, probably have not been able to get their hands in the cookie jar yet. I've been an official medical patient for 3 years now and that's 3 years off anxiety medication and while anxiety is still present and always will be, I've never felt better in my life using this rather than pushed prescriptions.

Viva la Ben

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Viva la Ben » Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:50 am

Dan Bartkowiak is a dodint
“There are representatives and senators in this building that say marijuana is harmless, it’s as harmless as it gets. That’s not the case. It’s a false look at science, and look at the evidence, it’s an addictive and harmful drug,” said Dan Bartkowiak, PA Family Institute.

shafnutz05

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:43 am

Those that are against it, probably have not been able to get their hands in the cookie jar yet. I've been an official medical patient for 3 years now and that's 3 years off anxiety medication and while anxiety is still present and always will be, I've never felt better in my life using this rather than pushed prescriptions.
I just renewed today.

The only time I find myself disagreeing with the MMJ crowd is when it is portrayed as "harmless". No...of course it isn't. If it isn't used in moderation, it can become a major problem in someone's life. Withdrawal is a thing and cognitive damage can occur with heavy use.

That said, it is clearly less dangerous and harmful than alcohol and there is zero reason it should be held to a different standard. I get that the whole history of humanity has been steeped in alcohol, but with all we know in 2022, make it happen.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

The Cannabis Corner

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:21 pm

in CBD/hemp stores in NC we’ve been able to buy Delta 8 stuff but my family has found some delta 9 edibles. J dont get it. Delta 9 is THC. the packaging is weird…it says 10mg of delta 9 THC then another part says > 0.3 Delta 9 THC

is it legit THC? why is it legal? I’m so confused

Ad@m

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Ad@m » Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:35 pm

https://www.wearecentralpa.com/news/nat ... marijuana/

:thumb:
The House is poised to pass legislation this week that would legalize marijuana, just the latest example of the swiftly changing attitudes on drug laws that marks a near reversal from the Reagan-era war on drugs that also reverberated through the 1990s.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

The Cannabis Corner

Postby count2infinity » Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:53 pm

At this point it’s clearly heading that direction. May as well just legalize it and be done.

eddy

The Cannabis Corner

Postby eddy » Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:02 pm

Republicans and Biden won't pass this. They are all a bunch of Canaans

Ad@m

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Ad@m » Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:56 pm

OK Senate, get it done.
The House passed legislation on Friday to legalize marijuana nationwide and eliminate the longstanding criminal penalties for anyone who distributes or possesses it.

Lawmakers passed the bill largely along party lines, 220-204, with three Republicans joining all but two Democrats in support.

The measure now goes to the Senate, where Majority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) is working with fellow Democrats to introduce a marijuana legalization bill as soon as this spring.

But it’s not clear a bill to broadly legalize marijuana could clear the necessary 60 votes to advance in the Senate.

Schumer may not have enough support within his own Democratic caucus. At least two Democrats who represent states ravaged by the opioid epidemic, Sens. Joe Manchin (W.Va.) and Jeanne Shaheen (N.H.), have expressed skepticism about the proposal.

So far, nine Senate Republicans have signed on as cosponsors to Sen. Jeff Merkley’s (D-Ore.) companion bill in the upper chamber.

House Democrats previously passed a bill to legalize marijuana in December 2020. But that measure didn’t go anywhere in the Senate, which was still under GOP control at the time.
https://www.wearecentralpa.com/news/nat ... marijuana/

Morkle

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Morkle » Fri Apr 01, 2022 4:24 pm

I bet it doesn't pass, and the usual suspects hold back America once again.

eddy

The Cannabis Corner

Postby eddy » Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:51 am

Used a Volcano vaporizer all weekend and wow was it great. It has started me thinking if I should try out a smaller vaporizer. I know some of you guys use them, what are you thoughts and what you using or suggest?

shafnutz05

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:23 am

Used a Volcano vaporizer all weekend and wow was it great. It has started me thinking if I should try out a smaller vaporizer. I know some of you guys use them, what are you thoughts and what you using or suggest?
I love my Mighty (same company as the Volcano). That said, it would be nice to have a cheaper, high quality pen on the rare occasions I want to try a concentrate or something. I'm honestly afraid to mess with them, would rather stick with flower and keep the ol' tolerance down.

eddy

The Cannabis Corner

Postby eddy » Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:28 am

I love my Mighty (same company as the Volcano). That said, it would be nice to have a cheaper, high quality pen on the rare occasions I want to try a concentrate or something. I'm honestly afraid to mess with them, would rather stick with flower and keep the ol' tolerance down.
I was looking at the newer crafty+ from them and it's tempting. I was always turned off on the price of these things when I've been mainly just rolling up, but after using the volcano, I could see giving these a try. I love ripping a bong, but I was shocked at how smooth the bags were with the volcano.

Ad@m

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Ad@m » Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:27 am

Recreational marijuana sales in New Jersey for those 21 and older will begin April 21, Democratic Gov. Phil Murphy said Thursday.

“This is a historic step in our work to create a new cannabis industry,” said Murphy, who made the announcement via Twitter.

The news comes just three days after state regulators greenlighted permits for seven facilities, which already sell medical cannabis, to begin retailing recreational marijuana. It’s also about a year after the state’s regulatory commission started operating, and a year and a half after voters overwhelmingly approved a ballot question to allow recreational marijuana for people 21 and older.

New Jersey and 17 others states, along with the District of Columbia, have legalized recreational marijuana. Thirty-seven states, including New Jersey, have legalized medical marijuana.

New Jersey’s recreational sales are slated to begin ahead of New York, where sales are not expected to start until the end of the year, state officials have said.

Neighboring Pennsylvania has medical cannabis but not recreational. Some cities, including Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, have passed ordinances to decriminalize marijuana or make it a low law enforcement priority. Legislation to permit recreational marijuana in Delaware was defeated last month in the Legislature.

count2infinity

The Cannabis Corner

Postby count2infinity » Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:30 am

Well, my yearly trip to Princeton just got better... :lol:

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

The Cannabis Corner

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:30 pm

time dilation while high (as in something will happen, a few minutes will pass but it’ll feel like a few hours have passed) is one of my favorite feelings. Makes it seem like I have more time to experience and appreciate life

eddy

The Cannabis Corner

Postby eddy » Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:31 am

Ordered the crafty+ https://www.storz-bickel.com/en/crafty-plus-c

Hearing great things from a few friends. Trying to get everything down to one useful item rather than papers, bowls, pens, bong, etc. Hopefully this is the solution. Anyone have any experience? The volcano is amazing

shafnutz05

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:37 am

Ordered the crafty+ https://www.storz-bickel.com/en/crafty-plus-c

Hearing great things from a few friends. Trying to get everything down to one useful item rather than papers, bowls, pens, bong, etc. Hopefully this is the solution. Anyone have any experience? The volcano is amazing
I have the Mighty, and I love it. The key is to take good care of it (consistent cleaning, etc.)

Pavel Bure

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Pavel Bure » Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:05 pm

Went to North Carolina and tried delta 9… the guy told me to eat a 100 mg gummie. It kicked my ass. Took two the next day and almost couldn’t move at a wedding. Gonna take half of one next time.

Today, got some delta 8 in PA. Ate a 50mg, gonna do half that moving forward as well. On the plus side, it really helped with the anxiety side.

faftorial

The Cannabis Corner

Postby faftorial » Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:20 pm

Just watched a video on the Volcano Vaporizer and that seems like too much work.

shafnutz05

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:42 pm

Went to North Carolina and tried delta 9… the guy told me to eat a 100 mg gummie. It kicked my ass. Took two the next day and almost couldn’t move at a wedding. Gonna take half of one next time.

Today, got some delta 8 in PA. Ate a 50mg, gonna do half that moving forward as well. On the plus side, it really helped with the anxiety side.
Nice. I've honestly never tried that.