OFFICIAL GDT: ELECTION DAY/NIGHT -- BIDEN VS. TRUMP 11/3/20

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:43 pm

Remember when the US post office was going to hamstring mail in ballots and cause Trump to win.
Remember when you said you don’t support Trump but the election was over 3 weeks ago and here you are defending everything Trump does?
If you think he, or i, are defending Trump, you've got a reading comprehension problem.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:43 pm

Remember when the US post office was going to hamstring mail in ballots and cause Trump to win.
Remember when you said you don’t support Trump but the election was over 3 weeks ago and here you are defending everything Trump does?
So what about the post office?

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:43 pm

If you think he, or i, are defending Trump, you've got a reading comprehension problem.
Him yes. You no.

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:44 pm

Lol. You’ve become full fledged nobody. Be proud that you’ve reached that level

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:44 pm

Remember if you aren't against Trump at an 11, you support Trump.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:44 pm

This reaction has nothing to do with you guys wanting Trump to "bring the country together" and everything to do with you all wanting him to gasp for air as someone shoves his head in the toilet while he concedes and repents.

Yesterday everyone was contemplating what was going to happen when Trump locked himself in the white house on Jan 20th. I told you to settle down. Now thats over, but he didn't explicitly use the words "I concede" and its on to the next thing to dodint about.
So why can’t he just say “you know what? I lost?”

Why is there even a need to defend if he does it or not?

Trump has done all he can do from election night on to piss, moan, and cry his way into court to invalidate whatever he can.

Why is there this act like he hasn’t been a total clown after the election?
Because he's an dadhole, a bad person, and so egomaniacal that he can't even admit an obvious defeat.

We've known, and discussed, for months that its never going to happen. Hence the pre-excuses he made.

Take the god damn W! Who cares what the loser says?

To me its an ego thing - people want him to admit defeat for their own ego. They use the "bring the country together" excuse. Really? 4 years of tearing the country apart and we think a formal concession in his last 8 weeks in office is going to be impactful?
I happen to think for all the **** he’s done post election, he needs to face defeat and admit it.

It’s not going to change anything probably, but I’m not good personally with a guy doing all the can to destabilize the election process because of his ego and the top of the GOP mostly ignoring it.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:46 pm

Him yes. You no.
Agree. I think Colby is tops on most all of this stuff and I enjoy engaging with him.

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:46 pm

So we were right to spend a month worrying about Trump stealing the election via some poor sop at the USPS or not?

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:47 pm

I am a Republican who voted for Trump twice. If there was a re-election tomorrow I would vote for Trump again. My immediate reaction when the news broke today was relief and excitement. The voters have spoken lets get this **** show on the road.

Take the **** win.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:47 pm

Remember when post started with something other than remember when?

MWB

Postby MWB » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:48 pm

When one follows the thinking that words don’t matter, the concession is meaningless. I certainly don’t share that view. Trump has always been, and will continue to be a negative influence with his rhetoric.
On who, specifically? You are one of the biggest repeaters of "Twitter isn't related life". So who are you concerned about?
Trump has a core group of followers who lap up everything he says. That is who. Is it everyone who voted for him? Certainly not. It’s a very vocal minority.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:48 pm

So we were right to spend a month worrying about Trump stealing the election via some poor sop at the USPS or not?
I think so, yes.

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:51 pm

I think so, yes.
Even if there is literally zero evidence for any of the things we were told in August were going to cause mass mayhem?

Removing machines, etc... that later were shown to be just already planned redundancies instead of a deep, dark plan to mess with mail in voting?

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:51 pm

When one follows the thinking that words don’t matter, the concession is meaningless. I certainly don’t share that view. Trump has always been, and will continue to be a negative influence with his rhetoric.
On who, specifically? You are one of the biggest repeaters of "Twitter isn't related life". So who are you concerned about?
Trump has a core group of followers who lap up everything he says. That is who. Is it everyone who voted for him? Certainly not. It’s a very vocal minority.
So they lap it up. Then what?

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:51 pm

They will lead a coup....or something.

MWB

Postby MWB » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:53 pm

I am a Republican who voted for Trump twice. If there was a re-election tomorrow I would vote for Trump again. My immediate reaction when the news broke today was relief and excitement. The voters have spoken lets get this **** show on the road.

Take the **** win.
You’re the majority trump voter, which is a good thing.

I don’t get the “take the W” angle though. Trump is acting like an ass, as you’ve said. There is absolutely no reason not to call that garbage out. If he was out of office and people were still harping, I’d agree. But he’s not.

MWB

Postby MWB » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:55 pm

It creates a negative environment. You’re looking for a tangible effect, and I can’t give one. But there are intangibles... results that are tough to pin down (I’m well aware I’m not stating this well and will get called out for how I’m saying it). I’m a positive person and think that positivity is good for the world. Negativity and division sucks and helps nothing.

MWB

Postby MWB » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:56 pm

Stop being a dick.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:56 pm

They try and kidnap the governor of Michigan.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:57 pm

It was just talk. They didn’t actually kidnap her.

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:59 pm

It creates a negative environment. You’re looking for a tangible effect, and I can’t give one. But there are intangibles... results that are tough to pin down (I’m well aware I’m not stating this well and will get called out for how I’m saying it). I’m a positive person and think that positivity is good for the world. Negativity and division sucks and helps nothing.
A fan of positivity yet your (the collective you) reaction to the positive news of trump effectively conceding was immediately negative?

This reminds me of in the covid thread when the news of a 95% effective vaccine came out and the first reaction was to complain about the people who wouldn't get it!

MWB

Postby MWB » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:00 pm

This discussion boils down to different types of people. Some people want a tangible, black and white answer for everything that happens and will happen. These people, very generally speaking, are on the right. Other people see stuff and think, that’s not good... bad karma, bad attitude, bad energy.... however you want to say it, and that leads to a negative culture. And that negative culture is bad for society. Those people are more generally on the left. Neither is right or wrong or bad or good, it’s just different ways of approach.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:01 pm

I think so, yes.
Even if there is literally zero evidence for any of the things we were told in August were going to cause mass mayhem?

Removing machines, etc... that later were shown to be just already planned redundancies instead of a deep, dark plan to mess with mail in voting?
Where are you getting this zero evidence?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washin ... utType=amp
Nearly 7 percent of ballots in U.S. Postal Service sorting facilities on Tuesday were not processed on time for submission to election officials, according to data the agency filed Wednesday in federal court, potentially leaving tens of thousands of ballots caught in the mail system during an especially tight presidential race.
There were still delays and the Trump team pushed forward to try and get ballots invalidated because of it.

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:02 pm

Stop being a dick.
Y'all need to seriously, seriously quit taking everything so personal in this webpage. How is what I said in any remote world to be taken in that way? Seriously.

Me, nobody, shad, NP (RIP), Guinness (RIP) get reemed and personally attacked constantly in these threads.

I don't give a hoot about it. This isn't a place to think anyone in here cares that much to make anything personal to begin with.

We in here talking out of our butts fairly regularly.

MWB

Postby MWB » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:02 pm

A fan of positivity yet your (the collective you) reaction to the positive news of trump effectively conceding was immediately negative?

This reminds me of in the covid thread when the news of a 95% effective vaccine came out and the first reaction was to complain about the people who wouldn't get it!
I suppose that’s why I said “I” and not “we.” Also note, I said his action was a good thing.