OFFICIAL GDT: ELECTION DAY/NIGHT -- BIDEN VS. TRUMP 11/3/20

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:03 pm

On who, specifically? You are one of the biggest repeaters of "Twitter isn't related life". So who are you concerned about?
Trump has a core group of followers who lap up everything he says. That is who. Is it everyone who voted for him? Certainly not. It’s a very vocal minority.
So they lap it up. Then what?
It creates a negative environment. You’re looking for a tangible effect, and I can’t give one. But there are intangibles... results that are tough to pin down (I’m well aware I’m not stating this well and will get called out for how I’m saying it). I’m a positive person and think that positivity is good for the world. Negativity and division sucks and helps nothing.
A fan of positivity yet your (the collective you) reaction to the positive news of trump effectively conceding was immediately negative?

This reminds me of in the covid thread when the news of a 95% effective vaccine came out and the first reaction was to complain about the people who wouldn't get it!
Not to be that guy, but this is also a message board. Good news simply doesn’t get talked about to the degree bad/negative news does.

It just isn’t.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:04 pm

Trump has a core group of followers who lap up everything he says. That is who. Is it everyone who voted for him? Certainly not. It’s a very vocal minority.
They will lead a coup....or something.
Stop being a dick.
Y'all need to seriously, seriously quit taking everything so personal in this webpage. How is what I said in any remote world to be taken in that way? Seriously.

Me, nobody, shad, NP (RIP), Guinness (RIP) get reemed and personally attacked constantly in these threads.

I don't give a hoot about it. This isn't a place to think anyone in here cares that much to make anything personal to begin with.

We in here talking out of our butts fairly regularly.
Who even personally attacked you?

Unless getting called a trump supporter is an attack?

MWB

Postby MWB » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:04 pm

Stop being a dick.
Y'all need to seriously, seriously quit taking everything so personal in this webpage. How is what I said in any remote world to be taken in that way? Seriously.

Me, nobody, shad, NP (RIP), Guinness (RIP) get reemed and personally attacked constantly in these threads.

I don't give a hoot about it. This isn't a place to think anyone in here cares that much to make anything personal to begin with.

I’m trying to have a discussion, which you don’t want. Fine. You like to just try to prove people wrong or inconsistent. That’s your thing. Fine. But it’s also annoying AF when trying to actually discuss something.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:06 pm

When one follows the thinking that words don’t matter, the concession is meaningless. I certainly don’t share that view. Trump has always been, and will continue to be a negative influence with his rhetoric.
On who, specifically? You are one of the biggest repeaters of "Twitter isn't related life". So who are you concerned about?
They try and kidnap the governor of Michigan.
The dudes who hated Trump?

https://amp.detroitnews.com/amp/6060368002
A Delaware man accused of plotting to kidnap Gov. Gretchen Whitmer also threatened to hang President Donald Trump and posted a hit list on Facebook

Caserta says, "Trump is not your friend, dude. It amazes me that people actually, like, believe that when he’s shown over and over and over again that he’s a tyrant. Every single person that works for government is your enemy, dude.”
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.detroi ... 5940296002

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:09 pm

Stop being a dick.

I’m trying to have a discussion, which you don’t want. Fine. You like to just try to prove people wrong or inconsistent. That’s your thing. Fine. But it’s also annoying AF when trying to actually discuss something.
Discuss what exactly?

The fact that the President is a moronic dodint?

Every poster in here agrees with that.

Those of us who push back as to the alarm of this citing his consistent, going back 40 years, lifestyle of being all talk and no action are just scoffed at and called Trump supporters.

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:12 pm

Lol. You’ve become full fledged nobody. Be proud that you’ve reached that level
So we were right to spend a month worrying about Trump stealing the election via some poor sop at the USPS or not?
I think so, yes.
Even if there is literally zero evidence for any of the things we were told in August were going to cause mass mayhem?

Removing machines, etc... that later were shown to be just already planned redundancies instead of a deep, dark plan to mess with mail in voting?
Where are you getting this zero evidence?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washin ... utType=amp
Nearly 7 percent of ballots in U.S. Postal Service sorting facilities on Tuesday were not processed on time for submission to election officials, according to data the agency filed Wednesday in federal court, potentially leaving tens of thousands of ballots caught in the mail system during an especially tight presidential race.
There were still delays and the Trump team pushed forward to try and get ballots invalidated because of it.
The ballots were still counted and as was said back in August Trump and his patsy couldn't do the kind of things that were worried about, despite attempts to warn otherwise.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:20 pm

So we were right to spend a month worrying about Trump stealing the election via some poor sop at the USPS or not?
I think so, yes.
Even if there is literally zero evidence for any of the things we were told in August were going to cause mass mayhem?

Removing machines, etc... that later were shown to be just already planned redundancies instead of a deep, dark plan to mess with mail in voting?

Nearly 7 percent of ballots in U.S. Postal Service sorting facilities on Tuesday were not processed on time for submission to election officials, according to data the agency filed Wednesday in federal court, potentially leaving tens of thousands of ballots caught in the mail system during an especially tight presidential race.
There were still delays and the Trump team pushed forward to try and get ballots invalidated because of it.
The ballots were still counted and as was said back in August Trump and his patsy couldn't do the kind of things that were worried about, despite attempts to warn otherwise.
Thankfully, because they're all dumb, but it wasn't for lack of trying, which you're seemingly just accounting as "well it didn't hurt, so no big deal."

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:25 pm

A Delaware man accused of plotting to kidnap Gov. Gretchen Whitmer also threatened to hang President Donald Trump and posted a hit list on Facebook

Caserta says, "Trump is not your friend, dude. It amazes me that people actually, like, believe that when he’s shown over and over and over again that he’s a tyrant. Every single person that works for government is your enemy, dude.”
The "dudes."

1 out of 14 disliked Trump of which evidence that was actually known. This is where I just find it totally disingenuous to the overall context of what you're saying. Like why even have a further discussion on subjects if you're going to point to one person, say that's how the entire group was (which wasn't he case) and then just chalk it up as they hated Trump too.

Even in the link you shared, they were very clear anti-liberal images with a noose being presented. It's pretty clear what that group meant, bad government = liberal government.

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:26 pm

I think so, yes.

Thankfully, because they're all dumb, but it wasn't for lack of trying, which you're seemingly just accounting as "well it didn't hurt, so no big deal."
Again, they couldn't do it. It was not a lack of desire or will, it was the already built in safeguards in a 220+ year old entity that doesn't allow Trump's patsy to just stop and block mail from being delivered as was a concern here.

The sheer amount of mail delivered weekly made the mail in ballots a small bump compared to normal deliveries, let alone high end days of the year.

The idea Trump could effect the election was shown to be a nothingburger, as has been most of the five-alarm fire bells rung. Trump talks a lot on Twitter, his numbskull followers post stuff on FB, and then when the day passes it once again is not worth the tums overdose.

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:31 pm

The "dudes."

1 out of 14 disliked Trump of which evidence that was actually known. This is where I just find it totally disingenuous to the overall context of what you're saying. Like why even have a further discussion on subjects if you're going to point to one person, say that's how the entire group was (which wasn't he case) and then just chalk it up as they hated Trump too.

Even in the link you shared, they were very clear anti-liberal images with a noose being presented. It's pretty clear what that group meant, bad government = liberal government.
In the links I shared they talked about five of the guys were in the anti-Trump camp. If you read the FBI reports these idiots couldn't have pulled off a heist at the local Dollar General let alone kidnap a governor.

The idea anyone should legit worry about these dudes as some deeper representation of Trumpers leading a guerrilla war or something is as bad as what people say to Shad about Portland people and BLM.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:36 pm

Who says anything about a gorilla war, or an idea of one? I was simply saying that people do listen when Trump speaks. Didn't we just see a video about a guy crying to Limbaugh saying he's ready to die for Trump?

There's crazy on both sides, but rhetoric of one right now, certainly could do harm.

mikey

Postby mikey » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:38 pm

PFiDC

Postby PFiDC » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:45 pm

He said GOrilla. Not GUErilla. BIG difference!

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:47 pm

If I were to ban anyone, it'd be Mikey. Dude is riding me constantly.

MWB

Postby MWB » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:48 pm

Stop being a dick.

Discuss what exactly?

The fact that the President is a moronic dodint?

Every poster in here agrees with that.

Those of us who push back as to the alarm of this citing his consistent, going back 40 years, lifestyle of being all talk and no action are just scoffed at and called Trump supporters.
I was trying to discuss with KC the possible effects of Trumps words. You decided to put in the one liner and are now taking it in a direction I never brought up.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:48 pm

In a good way?

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:56 pm

So is the initiation of the transition and the 4th calling of Michigan enough to consider the election complete and move political discussion back to the PDT?

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:25 pm

Did Trump concede yet? Well then I guess not.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:26 pm

Did Trump concede yet? Well then I guess not.
:thumb:

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:38 pm

He doesn’t have to concede. Just pack yo **** and get out.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:13 pm

Well this clears things up for everyone

dodint

Postby dodint » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:20 pm

I just realized what makes nobody and Freddy so similar. A prideful, boasting inability to accept criticism and reflect. A behaivor that enables them to just relentlessly force themselves and their positions onto others.
Remind you of anyone?

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:25 pm

Well this clears things up for everyone

No concession there.

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:26 pm

Why are you being so obtuse?

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:28 pm

I just realized what makes nobody and Freddy so similar. A prideful, boasting inability to accept criticism and reflect. A behaivor that enables them to just relentlessly force themselves and their positions onto others.
Remind you of anyone?
jesus?