OFFICIAL GDT: ELECTION DAY/NIGHT -- BIDEN VS. TRUMP 11/3/20

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:21 pm

Secondly, no they would not be laughed out of the office for having a hard time with the Trump loss. That's not the way it works.
I mean, they MIGHT, but that’s indicative that the therapist is a piece of **** and shouldn’t be employed

It doesn’t matter if someone is feeling grief if Hillary loses, or Trump loses or the Penguins lose. Grief is grief. Therapy is about understanding the grief and overcoming it, not about judging the grief

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:26 pm

If trumpys went to some counselling about WHY they support him, I think they could make some real progressives.

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:27 pm

Do we know what the deal is with the line of Jeeps in front of the stage in Delaware?

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:27 pm

If trumpys went to some counselling about WHY they support him, I think they could make some real progressives.
Intentional or Freudian slip?

NAN

Postby NAN » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:29 pm

Are there any trump voting students that are going to be emotional enough to seek counseling

The answer is no
I do agree with this.
Do you guys think that because college Trump supporters aren't emotionally invested? Or is there more of a taboo around therapy in the conservative community? I'm genuinely asking...
Quiet honestly, and I'll probably be made fun of, but I think it's just the biological makeup of a person. Everyone is different. And IMO, and it's been discussed in this thread, I just think people that support Trump (and I'm not talking about the lunatic fringe) are able to look past that he's a dick, and don't get emotional on things, just in general. And this goes for everyday life. Just get the job that we want done and move on. Where I think more left leaning people have a more emotional side. They are more emotionally invested from a standpoint that they are willing to go out and dance in the streets if they are happy, but if something bad happens, they take it extremely hard. And there is nothing wrong with that. It's just the way people are.

So you won't see the need for emotional or mental support from this election that you would have if Biden lost.

I don't know if I'm explaining that correctly or not. It's just like I'm more of a laid back guy, I just go with the flow in everyday life as well, and my wife is more high strung, gets stressed easily, etc. It's just different people, different mental makeup. And there is nothing wrong with that.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:33 pm

Guess they missed the memo that ballots received post Election Day are not being counted yet in Pennsylvania.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:34 pm

Bret Baier is basically laughing at Newt Gingrich right now.

nocera

Postby nocera » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:34 pm

Are there any trump voting students that are going to be emotional enough to seek counseling

The answer is no
I do agree with this.
Do you guys think that because college Trump supporters aren't emotionally invested? Or is there more of a taboo around therapy in the conservative community? I'm genuinely asking...
Quiet honestly, and I'll probably be made fun of, but I think it's just the biological makeup of a person. Everyone is different. And IMO, and it's been discussed in this thread, I just think people that support Trump (and I'm not talking about the lunatic fringe) are able to look past that he's a dick, and don't get emotional on things, just in general. And this goes for everyday life. Just get the job that we want done and move on. Where I think more left leaning people have a more emotional side. They are more emotionally invested from a standpoint that they are willing to go out and dance in the streets if they are happy, but if something bad happens, they take it extremely hard. And there is nothing wrong with that. It's just the way people are.

So you won't see the need for emotional or mental support from this election that you would have if Biden lost.

I don't know if I'm explaining that correctly or not. It's just like I'm more of a laid back guy, I just go with the flow in everyday life as well, and my wife is more high strung, gets stressed easily, etc. It's just different people, different mental makeup. And there is nothing wrong with that.
:thumb: I appreciate the insight.

Tomas

Postby Tomas » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:37 pm

Do college campuses have grief counselors at the ready for those struggling to deal with Trump's defeat?
They have grief counselors at the ready for whatever one may need and that's not a bad thing
Have colleges actually brought in grief counselors for this election result in the same way...? Or are you just squashing KC's sentiment...? Honest question.
My law school had grief counselors when Trump was elected in 2016, we had a special gathering to discuss it as a cohort and counselors were on hand. There was a fair bit of actual crying. This was in St. Paul, MN. I've mentioned it here before and assume that's the reference.
Speaking of St. Paul and universities - other than the funny sweater choice, Julie Sullivan's (president of the University of St. Thomas - one of the two "real" full-blown universities in the whole state - yes, MN is weird :) ) pre-election address was actually really good IMO:

https://news.stthomas.edu/a-message-abo ... -sullivan/

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:39 pm

The dude who party flipped won re-election.

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:45 pm

Is the senate in jeopardy?

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:52 pm

No.

nocera

Postby nocera » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:54 pm

Biden extends PA lead to 12,390.

Tomas

Postby Tomas » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:57 pm

Is the senate in jeopardy?
PredictIt has Republican Senate at 77%:

https://www.predictit.org/markets/2/Senate

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:04 pm

Perdue is safe. Loeffler is the only chance and even then it would be 51-48.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:06 pm

Just fantastic juxtaposition. Deliberately hypocritical, absolutely committed to self interest without slightest ability to care about anything that else.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:07 pm

I wonder what Lewandowski is going to have to say about the way Trump is handling his inevitable defeat...

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:08 pm

Angry Clark County Registrar on CNN again

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:16 pm

This **** **** sucks. This is obviously a nonobjective statement, but you can’t blanket an objective operation with it. We all understand what a fraudulent vote would be, broadly accusing the states for fraudulent results is bullshit. Find a large enough instance of fraud that would have impacted the results or stfu

Kraftster

Postby Kraftster » Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:17 pm

The answer is no
I do agree with this.

This was fascinating to read because I think I have the complete opposite view. To me, the group I will generalize as "Trump's base" is--or at least must be from my eye--highly emotional. The Trump brand has such limited intellectual appeal, that I'm not sure I can conceive of it otherwise. I don't even think Trump tries to appeal to people on anything but an unemotional level.

The idea that Trump's words only matter to the extent liberal weenies have their feelings hurt (I'm not saying you go all the way there, but it is a common thing I hear from Trump defenders) is hard for me to wrap my mind around. I strive to be as unemotional as possible (not to say I am successful all the time), and I find Trump absolutely mortifying.

I believe the incredible tribalism-fueled division that exists right now to be by far the greatest issue of this moment. And I believe Trump is among the worst possible individuals in the history of the world to guide a liberal democracy through it. That is based in large measure on what might be lumped into him "being a dick." To my eye, his being a dick has exacerbated this problem immensely, and I'm not even sure the damage can be undone. He is incapable of unifying because he is a morally bankrupt narcissist. Demagogues cannot unite. And if they do, it is bound to lead to atrocities. There is so much more to criticizing Trump for his tweets than having a thin skin and being offended by something that might be charitably considered mere brashness.

But perhaps this is just a case where neither you nor I think emotionally, so we can compete equally compelling "unemotional" cases for/against Trump based upon our own perspective on the matter.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:19 pm

I asked this before, but what's the path to having one of these lawsuits head to the Supreme Court?

nocera

Postby nocera » Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:19 pm

They'll have their opportunity to present instances of voter fraud in the courts. If there are legit instances and sufficient evidence is provided, those votes should be thrown out. I can't sit here and worry about what Trump says anymore or what McConnell thinks. This will all come to light in the courts and if there is nothing there (like many suspect), then the case will be dismissed.

mikey

Postby mikey » Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:24 pm

sufficient evidence is provided

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:25 pm

That very likely sums it up, mikey.

mikey

Postby mikey » Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:27 pm

I'm not really tracking anything down ballot because, well, I just don't care about things that I don't like...but based on bread crumbs in this thread, it seems the senate is fairly close...if you're going to steal an election, why not - while you're committing felonies in multiple states - also grab a couple senate seats in a to-go cup, no? I mean, that alone ought to get everyone of these alleged "cases" thrown out unless there's actually something obvious going sideways here...those memes about "emergency Democrat ballots" aren't based on real events, right...?