Stillers 2020 Regular Season

nocera

Postby nocera » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:06 pm

And what happens if more positives are found on Saturday?
Beats me. My guess is they either move forward with who they got, postpone again to the dreaded Monday 5:30pm game, or Baltimore forfeits.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:06 pm

It would be nice if there was any bit of consistency, as the NFL appears to just be winging it still.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:06 pm

15-0, 16-0... don't matter to me.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:11 pm

I don't understand why people are thinking this helps the Ravens. Those players who are out with Covid will not be playing on Sunday either. This gives them some time for the late positive results to show up. If anything, they'll lose more players with this schedule.
It's a complicated situation. The Steelers got boned out of their normal bye, even though they got to take their bye on a week that they might have had it in a normal season (so I don't put much stock in that being harmful to them). BAL is coming off 2 consecutive losses, and I'm not sure if a Harbaugh team has ever lost 3 in a row, so a full week of preparation helps them even if they come in shorthanded. BAL was slated to have 2 straight Thursday games, but moving the Steelers game to Sunday leaves them a short week to prepare for DAL which isn't exactly taxing. The full week of prep for the Steelers is more helpful than a short week to prepare for DAL is harmful imo.

There are tinfoil hat reasons to explore, as well, but I'll leave that for the PDT. :wink:

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:20 pm

What's this day of rest ****? What's this bullshit? I don't ****' care! It don't matter to Jesus. But you're not foolin' me, man. You might fool the **** in the league office, but you don't fool Jesus. This bush league psyche-out stuff. Laughable, man - ha ha! I would have **** you in the ass Saturday. I **** you in the ass next Wednesday instead. Wooo! You got a date Wednesday, baby!
I hope tomlin holds a press conference dressed like Jesus

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:22 pm

:lol:

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:22 pm

if I know one thing it's that he's gonna have those guys regretting they tweeted anything lol

nocera

Postby nocera » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:25 pm

I don't understand why people are thinking this helps the Ravens. Those players who are out with Covid will not be playing on Sunday either. This gives them some time for the late positive results to show up. If anything, they'll lose more players with this schedule.
It's a complicated situation. The Steelers got boned out of their normal bye, even though they got to take their bye on a week that they might have had it in a normal season (so I don't put much stock in that being harmful to them). BAL is coming off 2 consecutive losses, and I'm not sure if a Harbaugh team has ever lost 3 in a row, so a full week of preparation helps them even if they come in shorthanded. BAL was slated to have 2 straight Thursday games, but moving the Steelers game to Sunday leaves them a short week to prepare for DAL which isn't exactly taxing. The full week of prep for the Steelers is more helpful than a short week to prepare for DAL is harmful imo.

There are tinfoil hat reasons to explore, as well, but I'll leave that for the PDT. :wink:
That's a stretch imo. Baltimore and Pittsburgh have the same amount of prep time regardless of when this game takes place. They're going to be shorthanded, also regardless of when this game takes place (as long as its this week and not somehow pushed to week 17). If the argument is that a shorthanded Baltimore team now has time to prep with their replacements, well, then the Steelers also have that same prep time to get ready to face their replacements.

I think fans and players are being babies. Sports probably shouldn't be happening now anyway but we're going to complain about safety measures?

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:30 pm

I still love Duck

nocera

Postby nocera » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:33 pm

I mean seriously is the average person really supposed to feel bad that these guys don't get a weekend off?

Orlando Penguin

Postby Orlando Penguin » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:34 pm

Ravens can't even practice while they're going thru contact tracing so the idea that they get extra prep time is pretty false. They MIGHT be able to get in a practice on Friday or Saturday before they leave Baltimore if the tracing finishes in time.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:43 pm

Is he sponsored by Busch? If not, they need to get on it.

dodint

Postby dodint » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:52 pm

This Sunday is one of three Sundays you can hunt deer in PA this year, and the only firearms Sunday for deer. Will just DVR it and see if I get around to it.

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:55 pm

I mean seriously is the average person really supposed to feel bad that these guys don't get a weekend off?
So what you are saying is shut up and dribble?

nocera

Postby nocera » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:00 pm

So what you are saying is shut up and dribble?
Nope, not even close to the same thing. I'm saying it's a little tough to feel sorry for a professional athlete not getting six days off in the middle of the season while the rest of the country is struggling with a pandemic. 40 million people are facing eviction and these guys are pissy that they have to practice a few extra days.

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:00 pm

Absolute bullshit. Field your team or GTFO.

**** this league.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:08 pm

Every team has a collectively bargained bye week that guarantees X amount of days off and a Thursday night game that guarantees one weekend off during the season. Steelers will get neither this year. I’m sure you’d be pumped if your employer took away your time off with 48 hours notice.

nocera

Postby nocera » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:14 pm

I understand why they're upset even if I think they're being babies about it. Making it public is a bad call and isn't going to garner a whole lot of sympathy from most people. Keep that **** in the room and complain to the league or union if you're mad about it.

Like everybody else, I'm bummed that the game was moved. I was really looking forward to it. But it's the right call given the circumstances. The league isn't trying to **** over Pittsburgh. This is the price for professional sports during a pandemic.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:24 pm

I understand why they're upset even if I think they're being babies about it. Making it public is a bad call and isn't going to garner a whole lot of sympathy from most people. Keep that **** in the room and complain to the league or union if you're mad about it.

Like everybody else, I'm bummed that the game was moved. I was really looking forward to it. But it's the right call given the circumstances. The league isn't trying to **** over Pittsburgh. This is the price for professional sports during a pandemic.
:thumb:

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:04 pm

Agree 100% with this.

LeopardLetang

Postby LeopardLetang » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:09 pm

I much prefer the game moved to Sunday personally. Hopefully a 4pm game

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:13 pm

One other thing to consider, not specific to the Ravens..... as more and more teams have mini outbreaks and games are postponed, it increases the likelihood of the League adding a Week 18. That would trigger the expansion of the the playoff bracket to 8 teams per conference and delete the bye for the #1 seeds.

dodint

Postby dodint » Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:17 pm

Leave it to the NFL to solve a COVID problem with more gatherings.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:24 pm

That's a stretch imo. Baltimore and Pittsburgh have the same amount of prep time regardless of when this game takes place. They're going to be shorthanded, also regardless of when this game takes place (as long as its this week and not somehow pushed to week 17). If the argument is that a shorthanded Baltimore team now has time to prep with their replacements, well, then the Steelers also have that same prep time to get ready to face their replacements.

I think fans and players are being babies. Sports probably shouldn't be happening now anyway but we're going to complain about safety measures?
BAL is already 4 games behind PIT, and losing to them twice not only would eliminate their shot at the AFC North title (the Steelers aren't going 1-4 down the stretch), but it would also imperil their wildcard prospects even with an 8-team bracket. I mean, if the playoffs started today, BAL would be out.

This is borderline must-win territory for them. So even if it's just gameplanning and scheming, having a full week of prep for this game is helpful to them at least in an I'd-rather-have-it-than-not sense.

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:32 pm

I wish I had something to watch Thursday night