2020-2021 Pittsburgh Super Panthers Sports Thread

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:50 pm

Just wait til Elliot Donald and Nakhi Johnson sign
yes a few more horses on the defensive line will really put this team over the top

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:01 pm

Absent them going on an unreal run (hahahahahahhhhhahhhhahhahahahahahahahahahahah) they should fire Narduzzi at year end. Next year is going to be a 500 team best case so you’re just wasting time because if he goes 6-7 or 7-6 next year you have to fire him anyways.
You know we're gonna beat Miami and/or ND too
This team has shown signs of giving up in ways his prior years have not. I wouldn’t be shocked if they fall apart completely. Whipple is a disaster and the corners are dogshit again. That’s a bad combo for this team.
The corners aren't dogsht and they haven't been dogsht for years in the narduzzi era. Lets remember that Dane Jackson got drafted and is on a practice squad. Avonte Maddox has gotten a ton of run in the league. Ryan Lewis is still collecting NFL paychecks. Plenty of NFL talent in the defensive backfield, yet for this entire coaching tenure, the pass defense has been ass. This defensive scheme sucks. It sucks.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:03 pm

Absent them going on an unreal run (hahahahahahhhhhahhhhahhahahahahahahahahahahah) they should fire Narduzzi at year end. Next year is going to be a 500 team best case so you’re just wasting time because if he goes 6-7 or 7-6 next year you have to fire him anyways.
This team has shown signs of giving up in ways his prior years have not. I wouldn’t be shocked if they fall apart completely. Whipple is a disaster and the corners are dogshit again. That’s a bad combo for this team.
The corners aren't dogsht and they haven't been dogsht for years in the narduzzi era. Lets remember that Dane Jackson got drafted and is on a practice squad. Avonte Maddox has gotten a ton of run in the league. Ryan Lewis is still collecting NFL paychecks. Plenty of NFL talent in the defensive backfield, yet for this entire coaching tenure, the pass defense has been ass. This defensive scheme sucks. It sucks.
Are you trying to tell me that it’s NOT smart to leave Pinnock on a man coverage island despite getting smoked for 225 yards? Bullshit.

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:08 pm

If you want to want to edit my post to the “corners’ performance is dogshit again” feel free. The root cause seems to be a mix of both to me, but putting the majority on the scheme is fine by me.

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:12 pm

A. Any complaint about this program (except for the testicular fortitude of kenneth shane pickett) is valid at this point.

B. Pinnock is not even on the dane jackson level

C. Marquis Williams stinks

D. Every time hallet is in the game something bad happens

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:13 pm

Harris seals the deal for Alabama. Roll Tide

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:08 am

Over 68.5 in that game :lol:

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:54 am

Sunday morning not so hot takes:

-One point losses in back to back games isn’t really excusable.

-Why run Sibley in overtime in the wildcat but not even put him on the field before then?

-One thing to note about the running game: Pitt’s RB’s combined for 16 lost yards on carries. BC combined for 7 lost yards on 7 more carries.

-When you turn on literally any single P5 game durning the day, there is at least one oversized tight end that is a matchup nightmare. Pitt hasn’t had one since Mr. Wonderful.

-Illegal procedure and illegal formation penalties in the fifth game of the season is a joke.

-Pitt doesn’t need superior talent to win more games. They have enough talent to beat NC state or BC. But they dont beat NC State or BC

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:14 am

Do they have enough talent? We thought they underachieved when they squeaked by Cuse. And it's now apparent that Louisville is trash. Perhaps this is a bad team

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:29 am

Do they have enough talent? We thought they underachieved when they squeaked by Cuse. And it's now apparent that Louisville is trash. Perhaps this is a bad team
I personally think they are way underperforming their talent and experience. This team should be 5-0, 4-1 at absolute worst. That’s on the coaching staff primarily imo.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:33 am

Just playing devil's advocate. I think the defense is a lot better than they've played the last two weeks but frankly there is not much talent on offense and the line is dog sht

Rocco

Postby Rocco » Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:37 am

At least you can look forward to running for 700 yards against VT again.

Stoosh

Postby Stoosh » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:45 pm

Some thoughts...

1. Rumors flying around on PL that Pickett broke his ankle and is probably done for the year. I wouldn't be surprised but with some/most of that group on the PL boards, who the hell knows.

2. If Williams intercepts the pass instead of having DB hands. If Kessman makes the extra point. If Kessman doesn't miss two other field goals. If Taysir Mack caught the 2-point conversion last week. If the offense could convert more FGs to TDs. If the offense could score in the red zone. If, if, if. Good teams don't seem to have this many "ifs" week in and week out because good coaches know how to keep their personnel from playing close games every week.

3. I'm watching the Steelers run plays successfully in this Eagles game that have Matt Canada's fingerprints all over them and it's honestly just pissing me off. I still can't believe Narduzzi had the stones to infer at that coaching conference that Canada wasn't that good.

4. Speaking of lack of self-awareness and teams taking on the coach's persona at times, I'm a huge fan of Jason Pinnock but running your mouth to Zay Flowers five seconds after he just burned you for his 3rd touchdown and 162nd yard on the day ain't it. That's going to be some sort of sad epitaph on the 2020 PItt season. I know that the defense plays with a lot of pride and aggression and more often than not, it works for them. I generally like the edge they play with and it's fun to watch. That said, you just look stupid when you do crap like that while you're giving up 300+ passing yards and 30 points for the second straight week. The same thing applies when you're flexing over a ball carrier that just gouged your defense for 10+ yards. I realize this is nitpicking and there are much bigger issues and the players that are doing it contribute more good than they do bad. Or maybe this is part of a bigger problem that stems from the stubbornness and lack of self-awareness of the head coach.

5. I thought Pickett played well given that he's pretty much carrying the entire offense. He missed on a few throws but after it became apparent the running game wasn't working again, BC pinned their ears back and brought pressure on pretty much every play. It's also not his fault that his receivers still drop too many passes.

6. Given the performance of the offense for a year and a half, the option to the near side of the field on 3rd and 7 was probably enough to justify leaving Whipple in Massachusetts.

7. Unless things really go south and Narduzzi ends up losing the locker room, I don't think there will be a head coaching change this year because the budget hits thanks to COVID probably won't allow it. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Whipple and Borbley are not retained.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:54 pm

Whipple should go and Narduzzi should not be allowed to hire the next OC or OL coach. He’s pretty terrible at hiring for both positions.

NAN

Postby NAN » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:24 am

Is it bad that I was not shocked what so ever when Kessman missed the extra point, and honestly expected it?

Stoosh

Postby Stoosh » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:37 am

Is it bad that I was not shocked what so ever when Kessman missed the extra point, and honestly expected it?
A friend and I were texting back and forth during the last drive with ideas to how it was going to end. I said they'd hit on a big pass as time ran out and the Pitt ball carrier would trip over his own feet at the five. My buddy said goal-line fumble a la Earnest Byner.

Turns out we were both wrong but neither of us were surprised either.

Stoosh

Postby Stoosh » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:16 am

The loss took a bit away from absolute monster games by SirVocea Dennis and Patrick Jones. Dennis had 11 total tackles (8 solo, 3 assisted), had 4.5 tackles for loss, 1.5 of which were credited as sacks. That's just ridiculous. Jones had three sacks to go with four tackles (2 solo, 2 assisted). Also a terrific game by Phil Campbell with 10 tackles (5 solo, 5 assisted).

Of the players expected to go pro after this season, Jones strikes me as the one who is going to have the best career. It's been great watching him develop into this type of player over the years.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:04 pm

This checks out

robbiestoupe

Postby robbiestoupe » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:28 pm

This checks out

That's the thing about this team. They're missing the hunger, the determination to win, the confidence that they are the best team and nothing will stop them. It's like they realize "wait a minute, we're Pitt" and there goes the game. Been the same story for over 40 years.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:35 pm

I'm curious how many wins by a TD or less they have in that timeframe. I bet they're around .500 in close games. We just play too many close games

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:44 pm

Depth chart changes!
WHO GIVES A **** THEY SUCK
Also,

RB: Mediocre Davis (for real guys?), Izzy, Carter, Sibley OR Bad Benched Davis
WR: Mack OR Wayne
TE: Moraga, Carrigan OR Wright

DT: Bentley OR Green

6th week of the season and your pre-emptive first string RB to start the season hasn't had a carry in two weeks and is buried at the end of a long depth chart is pretty much all that needs to be said about the idiots running this program.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:54 pm

who cares

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:54 pm

that said I will bet Pitt money line this week and next because I know they're gonna pull off one of these upsets

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:42 pm

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:14 am

Pitt stinks

Will Kenneth Shane Pickett play? Nard dog as usual isn't saying anything about this injury. Not that it would be nice for fans to have any sort of functional info about the team.

The good news is that the U passing game stinks. The bad news is that Pitt in general stinks. Looking forward to doing my best to not pay attention to this game.