Blackjack68's Thread of OCD & Weird Habits

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:25 pm

I was my hands before using the bathroom.
what are you after using the bathroom?

malkintent

Postby malkintent » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:26 pm

Does making grilled cheese qualify as cooking?
http://meltbarandgrilled.com/

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:58 pm

I have many goofy tics, but I know I'm not OCD. Just anal about some things.

- Always get dressed left side first (this started as a hockey thing)
- Containers/bottles with labels must be facing forward
- Also with labels, I always hold a bottle of beer so the label is unobstructed (I call it the 'product placement grip')
- I have to be physically looking at my room key when I shut a hotel room door behind me
- Don't even get me started on kitchen ergonomics; I have veto power when we're house hunting if I don't like the kitchen layout

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:01 pm

what are you after using the bathroom?
WASH.

dammit

Sarcastic

Postby Sarcastic » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:23 pm

I've never been formally diagnosed but I know I have some OCD. I've battled with it over the years and I've learned to control it to the point I can say F it and move on. I'll skip the the typical stuff where I like things arranged a certain way and stuff like that. The big thing is that things have to match. For instance, if I download a file, an app or even a jpg, I'll look at the created/modified date/time, and if the numbers don't arrange the way I like it, I have to re-download it. I won't even download a picture if the time is not one I like and just wait until the next minute. For instance. 5:02 is bad. I will not keep that. I'll wait until I get it at 5:03. More numbers... like a serial number... 436874 is bad. It bothers me, physically. I get this mentally stressful and actually physically painful sensation in my chest/throat. Until I fix it. 43578 would be bad (78 or 76 bother me). 42684 is nice. Get it? It has to make sense. 42-35-86-77 is good. 43679, bothers me a little. 42678 is good again. Physical chest pain mixed with emotional stress, though as I said, I'm at a point where only REALLY messed up things bother me.

I've worked on it. I don't want to be one of those dudes who stand by the light switch and turn it on and off a certain number of times. Things like that still bother me some, but I've learned to overcome it by saying screw it and making myself think about something else. Sometimes I'll give in, but not too often.

When I got my tablet I didn't like the serial number on it and it bothered me. Good thing there was another issue because I got to exchange it and it has a beautiful perfect number on it now and I'm happy.

It has some good side effects. I'm neat. I can find anything in my house with eyes closed at 3am. I try to be a perfectionist in everything I do. I corrected a grammatical error from yesterday earlier because I looked at it and it bothered me. Changed "a" to "an". Couldn't let that go.. no way!

My mom has some of it too. If she goes to buy a dish or a pan or anything, she has to buy ALL colors even if there's a whole bunch.

My aunt... she's dead now, but she had to have an even 20 bags of flour in her cabinet at all times.

Fun stuff. :lol:

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:33 pm

To quote Jackie "the joke man" Martling, "I care a lot more about my d*** than I do about my fingers!"

Sarcastic

Postby Sarcastic » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:40 pm

I wash my hands before and after I eat (if I eat with hands, even a sandwich). I will never eat chocolate with hands. Perfectly clean hands are my thing. I wash my hands before I play bass or play with my tablet. I wash my hands way too much. I guess it's a good thing. All the crap I've ever bought is perfectly new/clean. I sent a friend a box of CDs I didn't want anymore. He thought they were brand new.

FreeCandy44

Postby FreeCandy44 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:40 pm

Phew...some of you are freaking odd. I think the only thing I do that is weird is I always tap my pockets to check if my phone, keys, and wallet are there. Keys are always in the left front pocket with phone in right pocket. Wallet is always in back right pocket or left leg pocket if im wearing cargos.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:43 pm

I wash my hands before and after I eat (if I eat with hands, even a sandwich). I will never eat chocolate with hands. Perfectly clean hands are my thing. I wash my hands before I play bass or play with my tablet. I wash my hands way too much. I guess it's a good thing.
When we have people over, I probably wash my hands 25 or 30 times during the course of the day while I'm prepping and cooking.

FreeCandy44

Postby FreeCandy44 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:43 pm

And my cds and record are put into order A-Z based upon band name and when cd came out.

Example....

Metallica
-Kill Em All
-Lightning
-Puppets
-Justice
-Black
-Load
-Reload
-St Anger
-Death M

It gets hard when you have 40+ Pearl Jam albums....

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:08 pm

- I have to be physically looking at my room key when I shut a hotel room door behind me
When I first read this I thought you meant as you were walking into your room and was very confused :lol:

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:41 am

I eat in a circular pattern and try to end up with one bite of everything left on my plate at the end.

FreeCandy44

Postby FreeCandy44 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:47 am

Dude.....

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:00 am

That's why I made the thread.

Weird stuff. I know it is, but it makes me feel satisfied if I do it this way.

Algernon

Postby Algernon » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:15 am

I eat in a circular pattern and try to end up with one bite of everything left on my plate at the end.
Yeah. That's definitely ocd, but if you're cool with it *shrug* it doesn't matter

Try doing that while having to hit 6k cals everyday (with fat being 150g or less)

I guess thats neurotic

Reveutopique

Postby Reveutopique » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:28 am

I have to say Be safe if someone is leaving. In my mind it is like an invisible umbrella, a silent pact with the powers that be. If you keep this person safe I'll do anything. I'll do things correctly.

If I don't say it I'll text it or ill say it quickly and hold my breath.

It's weird. However, I don't have any other anal things I'm aware of at least. I'm pretty messy until i can't take it anymore and then I clean it up ( but I clean dust whenever it accumulates).

Sam's Drunk Dog

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:31 am

I never say goodbye. Always see you later or have a good day. Saying goodbye leaves the chance that I may never see you again.

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Postby LITT » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:39 am

My car radio HAS to be an even number or the number of a current (or legendary) Penguin.
what does this even mean?

Silentom

Postby Silentom » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:19 am

I have to eat multicolored candy or fruit snacks in order of most to least so that I end up with one of each color at the end.

LeopardLetang

Postby LeopardLetang » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:59 am

My car radio HAS to be an even number or the number of a current (or legendary) Penguin.
I guess he listens to a lot of static.

PFiDC

Postby PFiDC » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:08 am

I guess he listens to a lot of static.
I forgot to specify that it's the volume.

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:10 am

Ah, that helps.

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:30 am

I've never been formally diagnosed but I know I have some OCD. I've battled with it over the years and I've learned to control it to the point I can say F it and move on. I'll skip the the typical stuff where I like things arranged a certain way and stuff like that. The big thing is that things have to match. For instance, if I download a file, an app or even a jpg, I'll look at the created/modified date/time, and if the numbers don't arrange the way I like it, I have to re-download it. I won't even download a picture if the time is not one I like and just wait until the next minute. For instance. 5:02 is bad. I will not keep that. I'll wait until I get it at 5:03. More numbers... like a serial number... 436874 is bad. It bothers me, physically. I get this mentally stressful and actually physically painful sensation in my chest/throat. Until I fix it. 43578 would be bad (78 or 76 bother me). 42684 is nice. Get it? It has to make sense. 42-35-86-77 is good. 43679, bothers me a little. 42678 is good again. Physical chest pain mixed with emotional stress, though as I said, I'm at a point where only REALLY messed up things bother me.

I've worked on it. I don't want to be one of those dudes who stand by the light switch and turn it on and off a certain number of times. Things like that still bother me some, but I've learned to overcome it by saying screw it and making myself think about something else. Sometimes I'll give in, but not too often.

When I got my tablet I didn't like the serial number on it and it bothered me. Good thing there was another issue because I got to exchange it and it has a beautiful perfect number on it now and I'm happy.

It has some good side effects. I'm neat. I can find anything in my house with eyes closed at 3am. I try to be a perfectionist in everything I do. I corrected a grammatical error from yesterday earlier because I looked at it and it bothered me. Changed "a" to "an". Couldn't let that go.. no way!

My mom has some of it too. If she goes to buy a dish or a pan or anything, she has to buy ALL colors even if there's a whole bunch.

My aunt... she's dead now, but she had to have an even 20 bags of flour in her cabinet at all times.

Fun stuff. :lol:
I'm also a number watcher.

I like 3 and 9 best. 13 also good. 8 by itself or 4, no bueno. But 68 is OK.

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Postby iamjs » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:40 am

Shoes have to go on right shoe first, then left. That started as a carry over from hockey, going right side of an individual piece of equipment first then left. In the rare case that I go left shoe first, I'll take that shoe off and basically start over.

Taking shoes off, it's left shoe first, then right.

dodint

Postby dodint » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:22 am

I used to have a tendency that I thought was an indication of really minor OCD, and now I can't think of what it was. That's really awesome, I must've gotten over it.
Source of the post I'm also a number watcher.

I like 3 and 9 best. 13 also good. 8 by itself or 4, no bueno. But 68 is OK.
This did jog my memory about something I did from about the age of 5 until my late 20s. I'd constantly look for vowel-consonant-vowel patterns. My brain would just constantly do it every time I heard a new word. I assume that constantly having something stimulating (PC, phone, TV, phone, Kindle, phone) to distract me has curbed this.