COVID-19

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

COVID-19

Postby meow » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:40 pm

There was a news segment on whatever my wife was watching this morning, perhaps Good Morning America?, about cases in children rising, along with more long haulers. They were doing a story on a 12 year old who got it last November and is still plagued with fatigue, etc.
No snark here, but did anyone really expect anything different here?

A bunch of states open schools = cases in kids goes up. Science.
As we get further from the start = more cases of long haulers. Science.

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:40 pm

There was a news segment on whatever my wife was watching this morning, perhaps Good Morning America?, about cases in children rising, along with more long haulers. They were doing a story on a 12 year old who got it last November and is still plagued with fatigue, etc.
No snark here, but did anyone really expect anything different here?

A bunch of states open schools = cases in kids goes up. Science.
As we get further from the start = more cases of long haulers. Science.
Nope, just relaying what was on the news.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:42 pm

Does anyone pay attention to case numbers anymore? Or is it just hospitalizations and deaths? Honestly the number of cases means nothing to me. Tell me who is getting sick. What are those numbers doing...
The problem is that hospitalizations lag behind cases. And then deaths lag behind hospitalizations.

Cases:
Deaths:
See how all the shapes are pretty much the same?

Now the question.... what happens now that vaccines are being administered? Cases are going up, will hospitalizations follow suit? So far they're starting to. Will deaths also follow suit? No idea. Hopefully not.

So yes. I pay attention to case numbers because while they don't have the hospitalization/death numbers with them at the moment. They will/might follow suit.

nocera

COVID-19

Postby nocera » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:54 pm

Wolf just announced all adults are open to be vacinnated starting tomorrow.
I checked some availability out of curiosity and there are a bunch of appointments just hanging out at the same places where I had to login at midnight, use a how-to guide, and rush to snag a spot for others. Availability no longer seems to be an issue at all.

NAN

COVID-19

Postby NAN » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:09 pm

I checked some availability out of curiosity and there are a bunch of appointments just hanging out at the same places where I had to login at midnight, use a how-to guide, and rush to snag a spot for others. Availability no longer seems to be an issue at all.
There may be some areas where it's tough to get one, but I think for the most part now, you can find one reasonably easy.

Not sure where you live, but Butler Health has a ton and it's easy to sign up.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:15 pm

I worry a bit about inner cities and people that don't have dependable transportation, but yeah... if you've got a car and you want one, you can get one.

nocera

COVID-19

Postby nocera » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:03 pm

There may be some areas where it's tough to get one, but I think for the most part now, you can find one reasonably easy.

I was looking at Squirrel Hill Rite Aid. Hundreds of spots open starting Saturday the 17th through the 24th.

eddy

COVID-19

Postby eddy » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:19 pm

My brother (who my family spent all day with on Saturday) tested positive for covid for his second time since December. We both have only had our first shot. He lost his voice and went and got tested. Do we have to quarantine? I'm getting my 2nd shot next Friday.

nocera

COVID-19

Postby nocera » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:25 pm

My brother (who my family spent all day with on Saturday) tested positive for covid for his second time since December. We both have only had our first shot. He lost his voice and went and got tested. Do we have to quarantine? I'm getting my 2nd shot next Friday.
CDC says fully vaccinated people only have to quarantine/get tested if showing symptoms. You're likely about 80% protected at this point. If it were me, I'd stay home as much as I could and keep an eye on any possible symptoms.

NAN

COVID-19

Postby NAN » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:52 pm

I was looking at Squirrel Hill Rite Aid. Hundreds of spots open starting Saturday the 17th through the 24th.
:fist: Good luck! The bots aren't too bad.

eddy

COVID-19

Postby eddy » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:55 pm

CDC says fully vaccinated people only have to quarantine/get tested if showing symptoms. You're likely about 80% protected at this point. If it were me, I'd stay home as much as I could and keep an eye on any possible symptoms.
Do I keep kids home from school? Doctors office is closed and hospital won't tell me anything. My wife watches kids too. So dumb, because it could be a false positive on his part too. I blame meow

nocera

COVID-19

Postby nocera » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:16 pm

Do I keep kids home from school? Doctors office is closed and hospital won't tell me anything. My wife watches kids too. So dumb, because it could be a false positive on his part too. I blame meow
If the kids were indoors with him I probably would keep them home just to be safe. Then again I’m one of those childless NTP66s on here so I’d defer to a parent on this.

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:26 pm

If the kids were indoors with him I probably would keep them home just to be safe. Then again I’m one of those childless NTP66s on here so I’d defer to a parent on this.
I’m probably overly cautious, and would agree with your last two posts.

eddy

COVID-19

Postby eddy » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:27 pm

Wife and I are going to get a rapid test now, hopefully it's negative

eddy

COVID-19

Postby eddy » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:28 pm

All outdoors except a 20 minute truck ride with him with windows down for me and my daughter

eddy

COVID-19

Postby eddy » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:33 pm

Ah ****, it's the lab test not rapid, think I should still get it?

meow

COVID-19

Postby meow » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:54 pm

You seem concerned. Go get tested.

PFiDC

COVID-19

Postby PFiDC » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:57 pm

This is mikey's outgoing voicemail message

meow

COVID-19

Postby meow » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:59 pm

“I don’t want to tell you what to do, but I’d get tested if I were you”

nocera

COVID-19

Postby nocera » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:59 pm

:fist: Good luck! The bots aren't too bad.
Oh I had my first dose of nanobots a few weeks ago. So far I feel fine and have fantastic cell reception.

King Colby

COVID-19

Postby King Colby » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:12 pm

Did your brother get a rapid? I feel like those are pretty unreliable. Is he sick?

mikey

COVID-19

Postby mikey » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:20 pm

:lol:

eddy

COVID-19

Postby eddy » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:35 pm

Did your brother get a rapid? I feel like those are pretty unreliable. Is he sick?
He got the rapid test. Sick like he has his normal seasonal allergies and he's losing his voice. I got my test done, but more importantly I'm now on vacation for the rest of the week so as long as no symptoms pop up, I'll be taking full advantage of this.

eddy

COVID-19

Postby eddy » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:36 pm

Also, In case I die, I've changed my will so my gravestone now says @meow told me to goto the covid party

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:44 pm

I will avenge you should you pass, eddy.

Watch your **** back, meow.