COVID-19

NAN

COVID-19

Postby NAN » Tue May 17, 2022 11:06 am

my COVID paranoid friend (the one who lost 80 pounds and lied about his health status to get 3 FULL DOSE shots) and his wife just got back from seeing Billy Joel at MSG (for the 2nd time this year) in NYC. the wife has a "cold" suddenly. I'm dying to ask if he's going to put her in isolation. :lol:
I think if you go back in this thread, I mentioned one of my wife's coworkers. His wife makes them live in separate parts of the home, and their daughter hasn't been allowed to come visit in like 2 years (and she is vaccinated).

It's gotten to the point that he pretty much lives on his own in the same house as his wife. They just briefly say hi to each other down the hall. He has to disenfect the kitchen and bathroom when he is done in there and has to go to the basement when she cooks her meals.

It's absolutely crazy.

nocera

COVID-19

Postby nocera » Tue May 17, 2022 11:08 am

I don't know how effective isolation is anymore if someone in your house gets the vid. By the time you know they're sick, they've likely already been infectious for 3-4 days (at least) and with the new more contagious variants, you ain't avoiding it. I used to think that if myself or my wife got it we'd isolate but that ship has sailed. May as well feel like **** together and snuggle up.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Tue May 17, 2022 11:09 am

My manager just got covid. Seems like numbers are really ticking upward, but when compared to the omicron craziness, it doesn’t look all that dramatic. Was really hoping to have a full summer of just no covid. It’s weird how this thing isn’t seasonal.

NAN

COVID-19

Postby NAN » Tue May 17, 2022 11:10 am

I don't know how effective isolation is anymore if someone in your house gets the vid. By the time you know they're sick, they've likely already been infectious for 3-4 days (at least) and with the new more contagious variants, you ain't avoiding it. I used to think that if myself or my wife got it we'd isolate but that ship has sailed. May as well feel like **** together and snuggle up.
Especially when you have kids. They are typically snotballs as is, but with my daughter having it, I'm sure one of us got it, although we all tested negative over the past week and a half. Such a weird virus.

shoeshine boy

COVID-19

Postby shoeshine boy » Tue May 17, 2022 11:55 am

I 100% agree. when my SO got COVID back in mid-Jan (very mild) we didn't isolate from each other. we slept in separate rooms but that was about it. I did home tests twice and a PCR at CVS and never tested positive or had any symptoms.

Lemon Berry Lobster

COVID-19

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Tue May 17, 2022 12:12 pm

my COVID paranoid friend (the one who lost 80 pounds and lied about his health status to get 3 FULL DOSE shots) and his wife just got back from seeing Billy Joel at MSG (for the 2nd time this year) in NYC. the wife has a "cold" suddenly. I'm dying to ask if he's going to put her in isolation. :lol:
I think if you go back in this thread, I mentioned one of my wife's coworkers. His wife makes them live in separate parts of the home, and their daughter hasn't been allowed to come visit in like 2 years (and she is vaccinated).

It's gotten to the point that he pretty much lives on his own in the same house as his wife. They just briefly say hi to each other down the hall. He has to disenfect the kitchen and bathroom when he is done in there and has to go to the basement when she cooks her meals.

It's absolutely crazy.
That's divorce territory.

Nuge

COVID-19

Postby Nuge » Wed May 18, 2022 11:20 am

Welp Covid finally found its way into our house. My son and wife are both positive.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

COVID-19

Postby meow » Wed May 18, 2022 11:25 am

Glad they are in good spirits

Dickie Dunn

COVID-19

Postby Dickie Dunn » Wed May 18, 2022 12:59 pm

Couple co-workers caught it. Looks like butthole sneezing is back on the menu.

shoeshine boy

COVID-19

Postby shoeshine boy » Wed May 18, 2022 1:23 pm

so about the wife's "cold"....yep, it's COVID. my friend has given his wife the bedroom and he's sleeping on the couch in the basement next to his mistress, otherwise known as his treadmill that he runs on for 2 hours every. damn. day. :scared:

looks mild so far and neither my friend or his sons have any symptoms.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

COVID-19

Postby meow » Wed May 18, 2022 1:38 pm

Looks like butthole sneezing is back on the menu.

mikey

COVID-19

Postby mikey » Thu May 19, 2022 1:12 pm

Ah...seems like it finally got me. I was at a wedding last week where a portion of the groom's family was anti-vaxer/flat-earther...

Just felt a mild cold for the last couple of days, so I took one of those home tests and it came back positive...first instance of getting it that I'm aware of...

I guess I won't go out for a while...anything else I should do?

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Thu May 19, 2022 1:14 pm

Source of the post anything else I should do?
Pause the butthole sneezing for 10 days.

DigitalGypsy66

COVID-19

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Thu May 19, 2022 1:17 pm

Ah...seems like it finally got me. I was at a wedding last week where a portion of the groom's family was anti-vaxer/flat-earther...

Just felt a mild cold for the last couple of days, so I took one of those home tests and it came back positive...first instance of getting it that I'm aware of...

Just saw an article that said if you test positive, you should call your doctor and get a script called in for antivirals. Not sure if you qualify, but it might be worth the call.

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Thu May 19, 2022 1:21 pm

Just saw an article that said if you test positive, you should call your doctor and get a script called in for antivirals. Not sure if you qualify, but it might be worth the call.
Decided to look it up, and found this article from yesterday: https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/18/health/c ... index.html

There's a link at the bottom to find places where you can get therapeutics if you don't have a primary, like me. Which is way more convenient.

mikey

COVID-19

Postby mikey » Thu May 19, 2022 1:25 pm

Sick, thanks. I'm friends with a bunch of PA's and other medical types, so I can get any reasonable scripts whenever...I'm on the case.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Thu May 19, 2022 1:28 pm

Lots of fluids and be prepared to test positive for a while (if you’re planning on isolating until you test negative that is).

Nuge

COVID-19

Postby Nuge » Thu May 19, 2022 2:16 pm

Lots of fluids and be prepared to test positive for a while (if you’re planning on isolating until you test negative that is).
That doesn’t seem to be the guidance anymore. The told us to quarantine for 5 days and mask for 5 after that.

count2infinity

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Thu May 19, 2022 2:32 pm

That doesn’t seem to be the guidance anymore. The told us to quarantine for 5 days and mask for 5 after that.
Yeah. I don’t really care what the cdc says anymore regarding guidance for testing positive. If you test positive and you have the ability to test until you get a negative on an antigen tests, do so. At the very least, go until your antigen test doesn’t light up like a Christmas tree and takes a few minutes before the test portion has a light line.

NAN

COVID-19

Postby NAN » Thu May 19, 2022 2:52 pm

Yeah. I don’t really care what the cdc says anymore regarding guidance for testing positive. If you test positive and you have the ability to test until you get a negative on an antigen tests, do so. At the very least, go until your antigen test doesn’t light up like a Christmas tree and takes a few minutes before the test portion has a light line.
So now we don't follow science. :pop:

willeyeam

COVID-19

Postby willeyeam » Thu May 19, 2022 2:58 pm

Probably just play some chel and watch the hub

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

COVID-19

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Thu May 19, 2022 2:59 pm

what’s the deal with the next round of vaccines (the second booster, fourth overall shot for most people)? is it a thing thats recommended at some point this year?

nocera

COVID-19

Postby nocera » Thu May 19, 2022 3:01 pm

Probably just play some chel
Are you trying to make him feel worse?

nocera

COVID-19

Postby nocera » Thu May 19, 2022 3:03 pm

what’s the deal with the next round of vaccines (the second booster, fourth overall shot for most people)? is it a thing thats recommended at some point this year?
Right now, it's immunocompromised and 50+. It'll likely be recommended later, but as far as I know there's no significant increase in protection for somebody who is already relatively healthy and younger than 50.

tifosi77

COVID-19

Postby tifosi77 » Thu May 19, 2022 3:19 pm

So far we're still 0 - 2 on Ronie infections in our house. But a week after traveling through KBUR and KLAS and a week ahead of Festa do Memorial I'm thinking a few home tests might be in order before we bring any guests over.