COVID-19

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:49 pm

Oh. Well, yeah. I thought there was some other killer out there killing people.

nocera

COVID-19

Postby nocera » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:11 pm

How are venues that require vaccination handling the secondary market? Is that a dumb question?

faftorial

COVID-19

Postby faftorial » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:12 pm

How are venues that require vaccination handling the secondary market? Is that a dumb question?
What is the secondary market? Black market vax cards?

nocera

COVID-19

Postby nocera » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:15 pm

Resellers on stub hub, eBay, etc. I guess my question is do they check vaccination cards on entry or when buying?

faftorial

COVID-19

Postby faftorial » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:17 pm

Resellers on stub hub, eBay, etc. I guess my question is do they check vaccination cards on entry or when buying?
Oh, OK. I would assume it to be on entry to the venue.

Morkle

COVID-19

Postby Morkle » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:25 pm

Sorry. Was a week not two weeks. We take our kid three days a week. So we’ll tag team him while we both WFH.

Both of our jobs are phone intensive, so zero gets done next week.

robbiestoupe

COVID-19

Postby robbiestoupe » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:16 pm

Found out the daycare director who got covid was vaccinated. She said it took her 4 hours to get out the door to get tested, she was so exhausted. Didn’t require a hospital visit, but it still kicked her ass.

4 of the teachers there also tested positive, but zero kids. So there’s that

Morkle

COVID-19

Postby Morkle » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:22 pm

annnnd now we got a second case, so the entire building is shut down. Cool.

mikey

COVID-19

Postby mikey » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:24 pm

At venue in all of my experiences in this climate...

nocera

COVID-19

Postby nocera » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:43 pm

:thumb: That has to add a decent amount of time. Especially in the cases of NFL/NCAA stadiums.

dodint

COVID-19

Postby dodint » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:59 pm

Longer than xray'ing a purse?

shafnutz05

COVID-19

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:09 pm

mikey

COVID-19

Postby mikey » Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:05 am

:thumb: That has to add a decent amount of time. Especially in the cases of NFL/NCAA stadiums.
I haven't been to a sporting event. But for music shows, it's no different than showing another ticket. But I have only been to small things, as Bonnaroo was canceled on my way down... ((((((

mikey

COVID-19

Postby mikey » Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:10 am

Reached out to some former NHLers to be a goalie coach/consultant for my team...I got an email this morning from one that said, in part, "I personally have made the decision with my family not to vaccinate or wear masks. Am aware that [university] is a vaccination school like most..."

"Vaccination school"
"Vaccination school"

Come on, dude...like, this is legit costing you money...

genoscoif

COVID-19

Postby genoscoif » Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:11 am

Hey all... Wanted to post an update since there was so much...passion...exerted the other day about this.

Talked to my coworker yesterday, and it turns out that they both got their first shot earlier in the week. Lol. Someone mentioned it, c2i maybe?, but she had just entered her 3rd trimester and had another discussion about it with her doctor. Crisis averted. Most of you can now stop hoping they die or suffer. I'm sure most of you will still think of them as ignorant or selfish or something less than you, but whatevs. I'm happy that they're better protected.

Had a great conversation with him about all of this. I mentioned I conveyed his situation to 5af...I've mentioned the site to him in the past. His first question? 'you didn't use details that they could find out who we are irl, did you?' Thought that was interesting, and more than a bit sad.

He also talked about how awful the last few months have been. Constant fear. Constant second guessing. Fear of the unknown. Fear of hurting their baby. Constant 'well, yeah but....' Fear of being first-time parents. He mentioned that getting the vaccine doesn't completely alleviate the fear, just changes what they are afraid of...even though he basically admitted that it's mostly irrational. Fear, rational or not, really is the greatest motivator for humans. I am 100% convinced of that.

The entire reason of posting all of this was to give you all some insight into why I (vaxxed, pro-vax, want everyone vaxxed) don't wish death and suffering on all people who haven't gotten the vax yet. Didn't seem like a very controversial or polarizing viewpoint. But no....attack, attack, attack. Denigrate. Shame. Insult. Condescend. Justify saying things as vile as 'be a real shame if he gets it and gives it to her and he kills his wife and unborn baby...lolol wink, wink'. Bloodlust.

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:29 am

Reached out to some former NHLers to be a goalie coach/consultant for my team...I got an email this morning from one that said, in part, "I personally have made the decision with my family not to vaccinate or wear masks. Am aware that [university] is a vaccination school like most..."

"Vaccination school"
"Vaccination school"

Come on, dude...like, this is legit costing you money...
:lol: Guess they’re cool with the other mandatory vaccines, like the rest of the country.

AuthorTony

COVID-19

Postby AuthorTony » Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:34 am

My 64 year old neighbor is a teacher's aide at a local middle school. She is vaccinated, but still worries about covid, especially since a vaxxed member at her church is in ICU on a vent. Only 3 of the kids in the class she assists with (however that works, I'm not really sure) wear a mask. The parents of all of the others signed the school-provided exemption forms so the kids can walk around, sneezing and coughing all day without repercussions.

She was planning to work until 66 but is now looking at retiring in Dec. because she feels unsafe. It's really ridiculous what this has come to.

shmenguin

COVID-19

Postby shmenguin » Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:34 am

He sounds like an idiot.

The coworker, that is. His wife makes sense. He seems like a simpleton.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:50 am

I think geno is overstating the sentiment here. Either way, I’m glad they’ve started the vaccination process.

shmenguin

COVID-19

Postby shmenguin » Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:52 am

He’s illustrated that this was not an issue of poor character like the red baseball cap people. Just a concerned mom and a guy not equipped for adulthood.

genoscoif

COVID-19

Postby genoscoif » Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:01 pm

I think geno is overstating the sentiment here. Either way, I’m glad they’ve started the vaccination process.
It wasn't my intent to overstate anything, although I can completely understand why it looks like that. I just don't agree with the level of hate, and the manifestation of that hate into actively hoping/wishing for death and suffering...at least for everyone that isn't vaxxed. No nuance, no circumstances, no reasonable hesitancy. Black and white.

MR25

COVID-19

Postby MR25 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:06 pm

Because they've had 9 months to do something about it. And any time new information comes out that's pro-vaccine, the goalposts shift and there's more excuses as to why they won't be getting vaxxed.

Then you throw Delta into the mix, and you see surges and people who were already vaccinated getting sick because the unvaccinated continue to spread it... how could you not see why people would be frustrated by this?

count2infinity

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:13 pm

It wasn't my intent to overstate anything, although I can completely understand why it looks like that. I just don't agree with the level of hate, and the manifestation of that hate into actively hoping/wishing for death and suffering...at least for everyone that isn't vaxxed. No nuance, no circumstances, no reasonable hesitancy. Black and white.
Right. I think you’ve taken something grey and turned it black and white in your own mind.

faftorial

COVID-19

Postby faftorial » Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:37 pm

Saw this elsewhere and thought it worth posting:
Agreed, the anti-vax come in many different kinds. Some are the ignorant idiots pretesting in front of hospitals. Others are blinded political fanatics who can't see past their party's platform. Then there are those who don't trust the government or the experts or anything they don't understand. We also have the "do my own research" folks who think that access to google makes them equal in expertise to the people who have dedicated their professional careers on the subjects. Still there are the hesitant bunch who are not sure if the vaccines are safe and they are waiting for more data or for a different vaccine they can feel more comfortable with because, again, they can make a better decision about what vaccine is safe than the experts.

What all those kinds have in common is that they are all completely and utterly wrong and they are screwing things up for everyone. Anyone who is eligible and is not vaccinated and has no valid medical exemption deserves to be ostracized from society because they have clearly shown they don't want to do their part in it.

nocera

COVID-19

Postby nocera » Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:52 pm

I don’t recall anybody wishing death on your coworker or his wife. I do recall people saying they were being dumb though. Which I still believe they were. Good on them for finally getting the vaccine. They don’t deserve that much praise though considering it’s mid September and we’ve known for a very long time that the vaccine is safe.