COVID-19

genoscoif

COVID-19

Postby genoscoif » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:15 am

Geno's friends aren't the people earning the outright hate from me. They aren't the ones intentionally extending the pandemic and mitigation practices through reckless conduct. But by the same token they are also not maximizing their odds. So it's still kinda stupid, but in a different way

c2i's brother in law is more the model of the hate earner. My aunt and cousin are the hate earners.
Thank you, tif. I appreciate the fact that you acknowledge that is isn't always black and white...even if it's mostly black and white.

I am very much pro vax (my wife and I were vaccinated in April, ffs) . Very much anti-flipping covid. Very much anti ignorance and stupidity. But when you paint with broad brushes you ignore the subtle strokes. Not everyone is the same. Not everyone is going to come to the same conclusions. Not everyone is free from the hard decisions that most can ignore.

My coworker is not evil. His wife is not stupid.. I'd venture to bet they've each done more research into what this virus can do than just about anyone on this board. They've discussed their personal situation with actual doctors. They understand the risks, both to themselves and to others, and made a decision that puts no one they know at any additional risk. Not a risk to you. Not a risk to their loved ones. Not a risk to people who go to the same grocery store that they do.

And yet, some of you still denigrate them. Still wish harm and ill-will on them. Still want them to suffer. Still view them as something less than you.
Why?

Seriously...
Why?

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:11 am

Happy Friday, 5AF.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:23 am

First off, they’ve done the same amount of research as anyone on this board… zero (to my knowledge). They’re taking the research of others to confirm their thoughts they had from the get go.

Secondly, nearly all bad things that a mother does to harm a fetus happens in the first trimester. Some in the second and nearly nothing in the third. There is zero evidence that a vaccine has any impact on the fetus in any trimester. Let alone the third.

Finally, how do you know this information? Are they discussing it openly? Potentially emboldening others that are super antivax with their story? If they stfu about it and just go on with their lives, I see no issues here.

You essentially came into a conversation about how MTG, Jim Jordan, and Matt Gaetz need to be punted into the sun and said “why the hate for Conor Lamb???” Now, it’s the internet, so of course you’re going to get “yeah, f*ck him too!” But as tif pointed out, you’re not just talking apples and oranges. You’re talking apples and whether peanut butter cups are a candy bar.

eddy

COVID-19

Postby eddy » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:30 am

Skimmed the last few pages and my neighbors are all in on natural immunity. I get that there is future protection from natural immunity, my question is aren't you still risking a worse sickness by saying I rather just get covid unvaxxed and build my own than getting it initially vaxxed?

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:37 am

Let’s face it… the vast majority of people that had covid and are pushing the natural immunity route would just find a different reason to not get vaccinated if they hadn’t already had covid.

Additionally, that same study from Israel about natural immunity vs vax showed that the immunity wanes over time. They essentially compared people that got vaxed or got covid in the same time frame to people that got covid prior to vaccines being available and they saw the dip in protection for the natural immunity peeps.

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:42 am

I'm shocked that anti-vaxers only care about themselves.

eddy

COVID-19

Postby eddy » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:48 am

So basically because the vaxx is a democrat and natural immunity is republican, these morons are saying I'd rather risk getting sick, hospitalized and possibly dying for natural immunity than take the vaxx because everything is politicized now?

count2infinity

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:03 am

I think the natural immunity folk aren’t saying that they’d rather get covid so they get the immunity, I think they’re saying they already got covid so they’re already immune.

If they’re saying the first they’re big ole dumb dumbs.

eddy

COVID-19

Postby eddy » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:09 am

Oh they are saying the first

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:19 am

Now they're arguing about something going on with the white house and Regeneron. Won't take a free vaccine, but will drink this emergency use medication from the teat of the nearest syringe when they eventually wind up in the hospital with covid. Amazing.

eddy

COVID-19

Postby eddy » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:42 am

That's something

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

COVID-19

Postby meow » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:07 am

Not to sound like a heartless jerk, but is that really surprising? Younger, decently fit guys make up - what - 80% of cops? What else would they be dying of?

eddy

COVID-19

Postby eddy » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:11 am

East German terrorists for one

count2infinity

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:12 am

Not to sound like a heartless jerk, but is that really surprising? Younger, decently fit guys make up - what - 80% of cops? What else would they be dying of?
Black people with guns...

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

COVID-19

Postby meow » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:14 am

Both are valid points. I retract my previous statement

Morkle

COVID-19

Postby Morkle » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:24 am

Now they're arguing about something going on with the white house and Regeneron. Won't take a free vaccine, but will drink this emergency use medication from the teat of the nearest syringe when they eventually wind up in the hospital with covid. Amazing.
Florida and DeSantis are specifically pissed off because instead of urging for vaccination, they're having their orders of regeneron cut because other states are in bad shape too.

DeSantis is a dumbass here.

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:25 am

Florida and DeSantis are specifically pissed off because instead of urging for vaccination, they're having their orders of regeneron cut because other states are in bad shape too.

DeSantis is a dumbass here.
Here, there, and everywhere.

Morkle

COVID-19

Postby Morkle » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:28 am

Like DeSantis was used as the shining beacon, but he's been playing the blame game with his state since his numbers started to skyrocket.

Again, simple solution is to urge vaccination, rather than depend on people to be helped once they've contracted COVID.

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:30 am

The best part is seeing him blame Biden for covid issues in Florida.

Morkle

COVID-19

Postby Morkle » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:41 am

“We've been handed a major curveball here, with a really huge cut from HHS and the Biden administration,” DeSantis said at a press conference in Broward County. “We're going to make sure we leave no stone unturned. Whoever needs a treatment, we're going to work like hell to get them the treatment.”

He added that Florida is being punished for peddling the Covid-19 antibody treatment before the White House while the highly transmissible Delta variant began spreading in Southern states like Florida, Texas or Louisiana.

“I think we could have averted, in this country, a lot of people going to the hospital,” DeSantis said. “I think it would have saved a lot of lives.”

DeSantis has prioritized monoclonal treatments such as Regeneron in his Florida pandemic battle plan, spending the past several weeks flying across the state supporting the treatments. Monoclonal antibody treatments are considered effective if administered early in an infection. At the same time, he has opposed Covid-related restrictions such as requiring students to wear face coverings, vaccine passports or mandatory vaccine mandates for workers. That has put him repeatedly at odds with the Biden administration.
His entire commentary yesterday about how Biden was kneecapping Florida was laughable.

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:48 am

That meme pretty much sums up Florida in general.

faftorial

COVID-19

Postby faftorial » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:51 am

I saw that FL, TX, and 3 or 4 other states have been getting 70% of the regeneron supply because they are pushing that over vaccines.

faftorial

COVID-19

Postby faftorial » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:54 am

Let’s face it… the vast majority of people that had covid and are pushing the natural immunity route would just find a different reason to not get vaccinated if they hadn’t already had covid.
Ding ding ding.

Morkle

COVID-19

Postby Morkle » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:06 am

I saw that FL, TX, and 3 or 4 other states have been getting 70% of the regeneron supply because they are pushing that over vaccines.
Yup, and their residents are ending up in the hospital more because of it, but I'm sure it's immigrants, Biden, the sun's fault for this and not just simply doing protective measures.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

COVID-19

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:42 am

yes, antivaxxers are sympathetic people and we should be kinder to them