COVID-19

Morkle

COVID-19

Postby Morkle » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:25 pm

Now now, won't you just think of the sympathetic situation they're in C2I?

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:26 pm

I’m sympathetic to him that he’s dumb enough to let Fox News convince him it’s no big deal. Anyone that dumb had my sympathy.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

COVID-19

Postby meow » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:29 pm

genoscoif

COVID-19

Postby genoscoif » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:51 pm

"Doesn't want to take the vaccine without her"

wut

Pretty sure him catching the vid and passing it onto to her would have worse consequences for the baby if they both just got the damn shot.
I know, right? **** that guy. What a **** piece of ****. His body already mapped out how to fight the virus and not pass it along to anyone else, which is basically what the vaccine does. But that's just antivax propaganda, not supported by any science. That guy's a **** dick. **** him. Lololol

faftorial

COVID-19

Postby faftorial » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:59 pm

"Doesn't want to take the vaccine without her"

wut

Pretty sure him catching the vid and passing it onto to her would have worse consequences for the baby if they both just got the damn shot.
I know, right? **** that guy. What a **** piece of ****. His body already mapped out how to fight the virus and not pass it along to anyone else, which is basically what the vaccine does. But that's just antivax propaganda, not supported by any science. That guy's a **** dick. **** him. Lololol
He should get it to protect his new baby and his wife.

Viva la Ben

COVID-19

Postby Viva la Ben » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:00 pm

Take the right wing “natural immunity” talking point and stick it up your ass.

faftorial

COVID-19

Postby faftorial » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:02 pm

That is their new talking point since FDA approval.

Shyster

COVID-19

Postby Shyster » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:17 pm

Having SARS-CoV-2 once confers much greater immunity than a vaccine—but vaccination remains vital
https://www.science.org/content/article ... ains-vital

Comparing SARS-CoV-2 natural immunity to vaccine-induced immunity: reinfections versus breakthrough infections
https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101 ... 21262415v1
Conclusions This study demonstrated that natural immunity confers longer lasting and stronger protection against infection, symptomatic disease and hospitalization caused by the Delta variant of SARS-CoV-2, compared to the BNT162b2 two-dose vaccine-induced immunity. Individuals who were both previously infected with SARS-CoV-2 and given a single dose of the vaccine gained additional protection against the Delta variant.
Those who had Covid and recovered from it can gain increased immunity from vaccination, but at the same time they generally have better immunity that anyone who has been fully vaccinated but not (yet) infected with SARS-CoV-2. It is not unreasonable for such people to decline vaccination when they can reasonably expect to already have a better immune response than that available from vaccination alone, and they would represent no more of a risk for spreading SARS-CoV-2 than someone who is vaccinated.

genoscoif

COVID-19

Postby genoscoif » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:18 pm

Oh... Okay... Soooo

It's a talking point now?

So... Humans have never developed natural immunity to a novel virus?

Just...take half a step back and listen to yourselves.

I really don't want to turn this thing on its ear, but we've survived 300,000 years, in part because our body figures it out. Natural immunity exists. It's not a right wing conspiracy. **** hell. Follow **** science, for **** sake.

Morkle

COVID-19

Postby Morkle » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:28 pm

That second article says it hasn’t been peer reviewed and not to be used to guide in clinical practice…

CBear3

COVID-19

Postby CBear3 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:29 pm

Having SARS-CoV-2 once confers much greater immunity than a vaccine—but vaccination remains vital

Comparing SARS-CoV-2 natural immunity to vaccine-induced immunity: reinfections versus breakthrough infections
Conclusions This study demonstrated that natural immunity confers longer lasting and stronger protection against infection, symptomatic disease and hospitalization caused by the Delta variant of SARS-CoV-2, compared to the BNT162b2 two-dose vaccine-induced immunity. Individuals who were both previously infected with SARS-CoV-2 and given a single dose of the vaccine gained additional protection against the Delta variant.
Those who had Covid and recovered from it can gain increased immunity from vaccination, but at the same time they generally have better immunity that anyone who has been fully vaccinated but not (yet) infected with SARS-CoV-2. It is not unreasonable for such people to decline vaccination when they can reasonably expect to already have a better immune response than that available from vaccination alone, and they would represent no more of a risk for spreading SARS-CoV-2 than someone who is vaccinated.
It’s interesting because in most lab studies I’ve seen the vax was roughly twice as effective even for Delta. Although this is pre-peer review, I certainly wouldn’t begrudge somebody who has already been infected declining the vaccine at this time as it appears the jury is still out.

Morkle

COVID-19

Postby Morkle » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:33 pm

“The differences are huge,” says Thålin, although she cautions that the numbers for infections and other events analyzed for the comparisons were “small.” For instance, the higher hospitalization rate in the 32,000-person analysis was based on just eight hospitalizations in a vaccinated group and one in a previously infected group. And the 13-fold increased risk of infection in the same analysis was based on just 238 infections in the vaccinated population, less than 1.5% of the more than 16,000 people, versus 19 reinfections among a similar number of people who once had SARS-CoV-2.

faftorial

COVID-19

Postby faftorial » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:35 pm

It’s interesting because in most lab studies I’ve seen the vax was roughly twice as effective even for Delta. But since I’ve seen a fair amount of mixed data, I certainly wouldn’t begrudge somebody who has already been infected declining the vaccine at this time.
Should there be some sort of proof of prior infection required? Or is it based on "I had the rona and it did nothing to me" claims?

faftorial

COVID-19

Postby faftorial » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:36 pm

It's still being recommended to get the vaccines even if you have had a documented case of covid.

Super immunity they say.

Morkle

COVID-19

Postby Morkle » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:39 pm

It's still being recommended to get the vaccines even if you have had a documented case of covid.

Super immunity they say.
Yea current recommendation is still get vaccinated even if you had it.

So, continuing the cater.

genoscoif

COVID-19

Postby genoscoif » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:48 pm

Super immunity they say.
Right so...if you've had it, you're protected, and you pose the same risk to others as someone who never had it but is vaxxed.

Right?

Shyster

COVID-19

Postby Shyster » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:52 pm

Prior infection + vax is better than prior infection alone. But prior infection alone is certainly not at the level of "never infected, never vaxxed." People who can be certain they already had Covid—as shown, for example, by a positive test—are not the ones driving the current spread.

faftorial

COVID-19

Postby faftorial » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:55 pm

Super immunity they say.

Right so...if you've had it, you're protected
, and you pose the same risk to others as someone who never had it but is vaxxed.

Right?
I didn't concede that. We don't know how well one is protected from prior infections and that sounds like loophole that many would try to exploit.

tifosi77

COVID-19

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:55 pm

Geno's friends aren't the people earning the outright hate from me. They aren't the ones intentionally extending the pandemic and mitigation practices through reckless conduct. But by the same token they are also not maximizing their odds. So it's still kinda stupid, but in a different way

c2i's brother in law is more the model of the hate earner. My aunt and cousin are the hate earners.
Last edited by tifosi77 on Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dodint

COVID-19

Postby dodint » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:56 pm

Prior infection or not, it is still free, still easy, and still the reasonable course of action.

My guess is that those that are prior COVID cases also have less side effects from the vaccine; just a WAG by me, though.
Last edited by dodint on Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

faftorial

COVID-19

Postby faftorial » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:56 pm

There is no excuse outside of a medical one to not get vaccinated. You're shoveling **** uphill genoscoif.

genoscoif

COVID-19

Postby genoscoif » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:27 pm

There is no excuse outside of a medical one to not get vaccinated. You're shoveling **** uphill genoscoif.
Cool. Is being concerned about the effect on your unborn baby 'a medical one' or no?

nocera

COVID-19

Postby nocera » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:32 pm

Geno it’s legit crazy how wrong you are on this. Like you must be trolling.

nocera

COVID-19

Postby nocera » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:42 pm

I don’t think those people did their own research.

In Mississippi, Fetal Deaths Double Among Unvaccinated Pregnant Women With COVID-19
https://www.mississippifreepress.org/15 ... -covid-19/

Worrying’ numbers of pregnant women in intensive care with Covid
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... with-covid

Texas doctors, seeing unprecedented numbers of pregnant patients with COVID-19, urge pregnant people to get vaccinated
https://www.texastribune.org/2021/09/16 ... y-vaccine/

Doctors Urge Pregnant People, And Those Considering Pregnancy, To Get Vaccinated Against COVID-19
https://www.wlrn.org/news/2021-08-27/do ... t-covid-19

Pregnant people more likely to end up on ventilator after contracting COVID, science table warns
https://www.cp24.com/news/pregnant-peop ... -1.5583720

tifosi77

COVID-19

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:42 pm

There's no scientific data to justify the fear of effects on a pregnancy.

Edit: What nocera said.