COVID-19

grunthy

COVID-19

Postby grunthy » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:43 pm

Good news. Did I read the same thing happened during the 1918 flu pandemic? That deaths decreased during the summer and came back full force that winter?
I believe the 1918 flu mutated into that horrific strain in the fall.

nocera

COVID-19

Postby nocera » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:50 pm

How **** selfish do you have to be to not quarantine when you have COVID?
I’m not absolving their actions, but I doubt people who are actually sick are going out. If you’re not feeling any symptoms you’re probably assuming you’re not a carrier, which is obviously false, but people are stupid
This was in response to the ACHD saying people they asked to quarantine due to COVID exposure were not quarantining.

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:51 pm

I’m not absolving their actions, but I doubt people who are actually sick are going out. If you’re not feeling any symptoms you’re probably assuming you’re not a carrier, which is obviously false, but people are stupid
Did you not read the actual tweet?

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

COVID-19

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:51 pm

This was in response to the ACHD saying people they asked to quarantine due to COVID exposure were not quarantining.
Yeah I know, just because they were "exposed" to it doesn't mean they have it

I'm not really sure what my end goal here is, I agree with you that they're stupid. I guess maybe just to add some nuance to it

nocera

COVID-19

Postby nocera » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:55 pm

Yeah I know, just because they were "exposed" to it doesn't mean they have it

I'm not really sure what my end goal here is, I agree with you that they're stupid. I guess maybe just to add some nuance to it
No it’s all good I should rephrase.

How selfish do you have to be to not quarantine when the health department specifically says you should quarantine due to COVID exposure?

Unless you can get tested and know definitively, why would you risk the health of others?

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

COVID-19

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:16 pm

Oh yeah definitely. I’m not sure about how legal this is but I wouldn’t be opposed to making that a crime (going against health officials recommendations to quarantine)

Obviously it might not be that easy (for example, I live at home, what if I need to get groceries, medicine, etc and don’t have the money to pay for delivery) but people like that are actively making the state of the world worse

Morkle

COVID-19

Postby Morkle » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:21 pm

Good news. Did I read the same thing happened during the 1918 flu pandemic? That deaths decreased during the summer and came back full force that winter?
I would also assume people living through the winter at that time was much rougher than it is today...

grunthy

COVID-19

Postby grunthy » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:33 pm

I would also assume people living through the winter at that time was much rougher than it is today...
It killed a majority of people prior to December.

PFiDC

COVID-19

Postby PFiDC » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:57 pm

It killed a majority of people prior to December.
A mutation definitely makes sense. Thankfully there has been no sign yet of sars-cov-2 changing much.

nocera

COVID-19

Postby nocera » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:30 pm

‘For The First Time…Allegheny Co. Led The State In The Number Of New COVID-19 Cases’
https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2020/06 ... -drinking/

We did it!

offsides

COVID-19

Postby offsides » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:36 pm

Allegheny should maybe go back to yellow or red. Can't be too safe.

King Colby

COVID-19

Postby King Colby » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:46 pm

I would have preferred they stop all indoor dining and bars, and allow certain establishments to operate outdoors if they met a certain set of requirements (that they should then also be helped to meet, be it through shifting traffic patterns to enable street tables, or whatever).

This is kind of the worst of both worlds... theyre still going to be allowing indoor spread via dining, while also crushing some bars that are likely safe.

Kaiser

COVID-19

Postby Kaiser » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:47 pm

I like that the link ends with -drinking/

King Colby

COVID-19

Postby King Colby » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:50 pm

Would be cool to see them get creative like shut down penn Ave downtown, walnut street, Carson Street, and allow a certain number of pedestrians to go eat and drink outside. Do it thursday-sunday.

Dickie Dunn

COVID-19

Postby Dickie Dunn » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:47 pm

‘For The First Time…Allegheny Co. Led The State In The Number Of New COVID-19 Cases’
https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2020/06 ... -drinking/

We did it!

MrKennethTKangaroo

COVID-19

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:31 am

Oakland Ave (in Oakland) where fuel and fuddle and stack’d is closed with more than a few tables out on the street. We dropped off a return package at amazon and saw the setup. It looked pretty nice and I hope it works out.

genoscoif

COVID-19

Postby genoscoif » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:12 am

So are the contact tracers in Allegheny County asking whether those that test positive took place in the protests? I've read about NY tracers not asking, but can't seem to find anything on Allegheny County. It seems like quite a coincidence that we're seeing hotspots in the Southside and Oakland that are being blamed on bars when those bars are frequented by the demographic that took place in the protests, no?

I completely understand and agree that indoor bars offer a potential high contamination spot for the virus to spread, but the virus has to get there first. That is much more likely the more positive people start to visit these places. So how did we all of a sudden have a bunch of young healthy people contract the virus to bring it into bars, and where did they contract it? It seems like some people might be glossing over Step 1.

shoeshine boy

COVID-19

Postby shoeshine boy » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:15 am

our local beer league re-started last Monday. we've already got our first confirmed case. guy played Monday in our Over35 league, started feeling bad Tuesday and now he's hospitalized on a respirator. :o

mac5155

COVID-19

Postby mac5155 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:18 am

So are the contact tracers in Allegheny County asking whether those that test positive took place in the protests? I've read about NY tracers not asking, but can't seem to find anything on Allegheny County. It seems like quite a coincidence that we're seeing hotspots in the Southside and Oakland that are being blamed on bars when those bars are frequented by the demographic that took place in the protests, no?

I completely understand and agree that indoor bars offer a potential high contamination spot for the virus to spread, but the virus has to get there first. That is much more likely the more positive people start to visit these places. So how did we all of a sudden have a bunch of young healthy people contract the virus to bring it into bars, and where did they contract it? It seems like some people might be glossing over Step 1.
Protestors wore masks. Bar goers didnt.
:roll:

grunthy

COVID-19

Postby grunthy » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:18 am

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/29/health/b ... index.html
People with coronavirus are crossing the US-Mexico border for medical care

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

COVID-19

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:21 am

USA doing mid-table. Basically the Everton of Covid.

Troy Loney

COVID-19

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:24 am

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/29/health/b ... index.html
People with coronavirus are crossing the US-Mexico border for medical care
Most of the coronavirus patients crossing the border, they say, are Americans.

nocera

COVID-19

Postby nocera » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:24 am

Yes, they are asking. Some reported being at a protest but they are not thought to be a cause of the spread. They touched on this during both of their recent briefings.

nocera

COVID-19

Postby nocera » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:25 am

If only there was a wall between Mexican and US... I mean, for Mexico's sake.

Troy Loney

COVID-19

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:28 am

Seems like going back to bars and restaurants is causing the current spread. The protest argument should be solely addressed at folks that were trying to shame beach and pool goers. Even if Bilbo mayor said that, it doesn't matter because NYC hasn't seen an increase in cases.