COVID-19

nocera

COVID-19

Postby nocera » Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:21 am

No cap at least 50% of these mouth breathers have back the blue yard signs
Are old people saying no cap now? Should I be adding this to my vocabulary?

PFiDC

COVID-19

Postby PFiDC » Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:24 am

I mean, I get the brainwashed thing, but are we really saying this isn't their fault? This isn't like addiction. It's not a disease. Its stupidity. Brainwashed or not this actually is their fault...

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

COVID-19

Postby meow » Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:31 am

Is being stupid that person’s fault?

mikey

COVID-19

Postby mikey » Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:31 am

Yeah, I legit have no idea what franchise was saying there...I read it three times haha

meow

COVID-19

Postby meow » Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:32 am

And I’m explaining this to a seven year old. If I’m talking to an adult, my suggestion is we forcibly sterilize anyone unvaccinated by New Years

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:32 am

Same... no cap.

PFiDC

COVID-19

Postby PFiDC » Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:34 am

And I’m explaining this to a seven year old. If I’m talking to an adult, my suggestion is we forcibly sterilize anyone unvaccinated by New Years
I could be persuaded to leave team kill and join team sterilize...

RonnieFranchise

COVID-19

Postby RonnieFranchise » Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:34 am

No cap at least 50% of these mouth breathers have back the blue yard signs
Are old people saying no cap now? Should I be adding this to my vocabulary?
Hundo P we are.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:35 am

I mean, I get the brainwashed thing, but are we really saying this isn't their fault? This isn't like addiction. It's not a disease. Its stupidity. Brainwashed or not this actually is their fault...
To an extent, yes. Outputs are largely controlled by inputs. I know it's easy to say "well, they're choosing to allow that to be the input!" Are they? A large portion of them grew up in house and/or community where it was beat into them.... day after day. They didn't have the skillset and/or willingness to go on to college or travel outside their own community to see how "the other side" lives.

It's much like religion. To a certain extent, it is religion. Why do you think the bulk of christian children grow up to be christian? Why do you think the bulk of muslim children grow up to be muslim? Well, that or non-religious. Sure. People can escape, but even then they typically don't change religion. Same here. These people grew up in a household where Rush Limbaugh (or someone similar) was the voice of politics in their house. It's not necessarily excusing their behavior, it's understanding that a good portion of it is beyond them.

meow

COVID-19

Postby meow » Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:36 am

Forcible sterilization is my go to. It would such a good way to strengthen the jean pool

meow

COVID-19

Postby meow » Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:36 am

Wait no. Gene pool

eddy

COVID-19

Postby eddy » Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:37 am

I grew up with Rush and going to Presbyterian church. I chugged a beer when he died and now goto a Catholic church (not Catholic though). I also don't understand many of the words posted above

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:38 am

Source of the post It would such a good way to strengthen the jean pool

mikey

COVID-19

Postby mikey » Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:40 am

Jorts pool*

meow

COVID-19

Postby meow » Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:40 am

THATS THE JOKE

robbiestoupe

COVID-19

Postby robbiestoupe » Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:41 am

I grew up with Rush and going to Presbyterian church. I chugged a beer when he died and now goto a Catholic church (not Catholic though). I also don't understand many of the words posted above
At first I read this as Rush as in the band and when Neil Peart died. I'm just as confused as you

PFiDC

COVID-19

Postby PFiDC » Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:44 am

To an extent, yes. Outputs are largely controlled by inputs. I know it's easy to say "well, they're choosing to allow that to be the input!" Are they? A large portion of them grew up in house and/or community where it was beat into them.... day after day. They didn't have the skillset and/or willingness to go on to college or travel outside their own community to see how "the other side" lives.

It's much like religion. To a certain extent, it is religion. Why do you think the bulk of christian children grow up to be christian? Why do you think the bulk of muslim children grow up to be muslim? Well, that or non-religious. Sure. People can escape, but even then they typically don't change religion. Same here. These people grew up in a household where Rush Limbaugh (or someone similar) was the voice of politics in their house. It's not necessarily excusing their behavior, it's understanding that a good portion of it is beyond them.
If this is the standard than why don't we say the same thing about racists? Can't blame them. It isn't their fault. They were raised that way.

That only works in some cases. In others there are factors that come into play during ones life where the balance shifts from "indoctrinated by family" to "I continue to choose to do this"

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:47 am

Unpopular opinion: racists are that way because that's the way the dice were rolled. Again, inputs and outputs.

Now, with that said, I'll stand by you to say that it is bad, they shouldn't act that way, they shouldn't think that way, they're a drain on society, they're terrible people, etc, etc. But at the end of the day, I don't believe it entirely to be on them. They are who they are, whether it be they're wired that way or were raised that way.

count2infinity

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:50 am

I suppose to put it a different way... I often have to remind myself that I should pity these people more than hate these people.

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:50 am

Why not both?

PFiDC

COVID-19

Postby PFiDC » Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:51 am

Influence is a factor for sure but there is definitely a time when they've had a chance and the resources to comprehend reality and they chose to ignore it. Racism. Covid. Whatever. They've had the time and ability to see what's real and what isn't and they are choosing what isn't.

count2infinity

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:52 am

Why not both?
more than means you can do both... :lol:

count2infinity

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:56 am

Influence is a factor for sure but there is definitely a time when they've had a chance and the resources to comprehend reality and they chose to ignore it. Racism. Covid. Whatever. They've had the time and ability to see what's real and what isn't and they are choosing what isn't.
Please do not take this the wrong way... but not everyone has a brain wired like you. Not everyone can jump head first into hardcore beliefs and then change those hardcore beliefs with a snap of their fingers. I know through your life, you've been militant atheist, jewish (I think?), hardcore christian. You've had more than half a dozen careers. You have something in you to just change. Most do not, especially with core beliefs. And that's what we're talking about here. CORE beliefs.

robbiestoupe

COVID-19

Postby robbiestoupe » Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:58 am

Unpopular opinion: racists are that way because that's the way the dice were rolled. Again, inputs and outputs.

Now, with that said, I'll stand by you to say that it is bad, they shouldn't act that way, they shouldn't think that way, they're a drain on society, they're terrible people, etc, etc. But at the end of the day, I don't believe it entirely to be on them. They are who they are, whether it be they're wired that way or were raised that way.
:thumb:

PFiDC

COVID-19

Postby PFiDC » Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:10 am

Please do not take this the wrong way... but not everyone has a brain wired like you. Not everyone can jump head first into hardcore beliefs and then change those hardcore beliefs with a snap of their fingers. I know through your life, you've been militant atheist, jewish (I think?), hardcore christian. You've had more than half a dozen careers. You have something in you to just change. Most do not, especially with core beliefs. And that's what we're talking about here. CORE beliefs.
Militant Athiest? I'll admit to Christian but I've never been athiest. I was born Jewish. The only hardcore belief I've ever had was Christianity.