COVID-19

robbiestoupe

COVID-19

Postby robbiestoupe » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:11 pm

Jesus **** christ its the single most deadly event in our lifetime and it could be lessened in this country if these folks did their part but they wont. **** them. Catch the rona and **** off to whatever afterlife awaits you so the rest of us can go about our lives. These dadholes are stealing my kid's childhood. **** them and **** them hard.

eddy

COVID-19

Postby eddy » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:12 pm

I love everyone

eddy

COVID-19

Postby eddy » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:13 pm

(except meow)

eddy

COVID-19

Postby eddy » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:14 pm

I double love him

dodint

COVID-19

Postby dodint » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:15 pm

eddy

COVID-19

Postby eddy » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:17 pm

That peace and love turns to death and hate if you ask Ringo for an autograph

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:25 pm

Robbie and Tony are good people, so I’m not going to pile on to them.

shmenguin

COVID-19

Postby shmenguin » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:31 pm

You’re a nice guy by all accounts here, but this is dogshit.
I mentioned nothing about vaccines in my post, except that the haters are just as idiotic as the anti-vaxxers.
Tif - you’re “just as idiotic” as the guy drinking horse jizz or whatever. You idiot. F’ing dumbass tif.

eddy

COVID-19

Postby eddy » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:33 pm

Absolutely. I think it all has to be taken with a grain of sand (not sure if I ever said that, it's pretty dumb and I don't even know what it means). It's more of a fun in a morbid kind of way saying I want these people to die. It's not like I'm actively wishing for it (I do go to church and pray for them to die). See I'm just dumb

eddy

COVID-19

Postby eddy » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:34 pm

Wait, is it grain of salt?

eddy

COVID-19

Postby eddy » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:34 pm

Don't ever listen to me

skullman80

COVID-19

Postby skullman80 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:35 pm

Random anecdote my mom is in the ER at UPMC Presby and needs to get admitted....but no beds available. Sure its a combination of hospital being short staffed, out of room etc.

Morkle

COVID-19

Postby Morkle » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:44 pm

TIL we're basically at fault here, and it's not the virus killing people, it's us.

Interesting turn of events, trying to be sympathetic to a group of people that wouldn't do the same for the majority lol.

shmenguin

COVID-19

Postby shmenguin » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:01 pm

Listen, I'm pissed, upset, annoyed, whatever at the unvaccinated. Just not ready to you know, kill people over it.
Same.

My neighbor growing up refuses to get the covid vaccine. His parents even offered him a grand if he's get vaccinated, but he refuses. His wife is anti vax and so are most of his friends.

I'm not judging any of yinz, but I think some of you underestimate what a challenge it is to be a free thinker (not the perfect term but close enough) in an area where a huge percentage of your friends, loved ones, coworkers, etc. are all set in their beliefs. Having the ability and the desire to go against virtually everyone you know and believing they are the ones in the wrong is beyond most people, imo.

I'm not patting myself on the back either. I could have gone down that same path if I wasn't such an antisocial bastard who never cared about having friends or fitting in.
If you put me in a room with a MAGA anti vax guy and strapped him to a chair so I could act like a big tough guy and not get decked, I would shake my head and leave. And that’s the extent of it. I have no need to go chase people down and call them stupid.

But here we are in our little vent chamber simply describing the weather. These are stupid people. Drains on society. Indecent. Obscene. Hate filled. Dragging the whole world down to their debased levels. Not fit to be in the same space as civilized people now, even. They didn’t want to grow up and turn out this way. They’re victims of lack of opportunity. But for a moment, allow us folks with small unvaxed children that they’re putting in harms way to call a spade a spade.

blackjack68

COVID-19

Postby blackjack68 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:10 pm

Listen, I'm pissed, upset, annoyed, whatever at the unvaccinated. Just not ready to you know, kill people over it.
Same.

My neighbor growing up refuses to get the covid vaccine. His parents even offered him a grand if he's get vaccinated, but he refuses. His wife is anti vax and so are most of his friends.

I'm not judging any of yinz, but I think some of you underestimate what a challenge it is to be a free thinker (not the perfect term but close enough) in an area where a huge percentage of your friends, loved ones, coworkers, etc. are all set in their beliefs. Having the ability and the desire to go against virtually everyone you know and believing they are the ones in the wrong is beyond most people, imo.

I'm not patting myself on the back either. I could have gone down that same path if I wasn't such an antisocial bastard who never cared about having friends or fitting in.
My daughter’s best friend is 20 and lives with Trumpy anti-vaxxer parents. She wanted to get vaccinated and the parents flipped out. She ended up coming to my wife for help getting through the process and got vaccinated. She’s 20 and bucked her own parents.

PFiDC

COVID-19

Postby PFiDC » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:34 pm

Same.

If you put me in a room with a MAGA anti vax guy and strapped him to a chair so I could act like a big tough guy and not get decked, I would shake my head and leave. And that’s the extent of it. I have no need to go chase people down and call them stupid.

But here we are in our little vent chamber simply describing the weather. These are stupid people. Drains on society. Indecent. Obscene. Hate filled. Dragging the whole world down to their debased levels. Not fit to be in the same space as civilized people now, even. They didn’t want to grow up and turn out this way. They’re victims of lack of opportunity. But for a moment, allow us folks with small unvaxed children that they’re putting in harms way to call a spade a spade.
Hear hear!!

shafnutz05

COVID-19

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:35 pm

I'll be honest, the last 18 months has pretty much taken me off the Republican reservation. Which is a shame, because most of the Republicans and conservatives I know are fully vaccinated and don't buy into this idiocy.

I've said this before, but the older I get, the more I realize that I loathe stupid, unintelligent people of all political stripes. It's honestly refreshing interacting with people on here (usually) because you can all hold your own intellectually. And I think it's why I've drifted to the center over the years... A natural reaction to the increasing extremism and polarization on both sides. Yes, I know this issue specifically is mainly one side.

But yeah...my vote counts just as much as the stupid horse dewormer/antivax people and the blue haired gender fluid moonkins on Twitter. So that's great.

I've never held less hope for the future of the country. All I can do is raise my children to be good citizens and good people and protect them any way I can. What else can you do? It's not worth the stress/crippling anxiety to follow the news anymore.

PFiDC

COVID-19

Postby PFiDC » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:43 pm

Interesting you put citizens before people :slug:

genoscoif

COVID-19

Postby genoscoif » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:50 pm

Jesus **** christ its the single most deadly event in our lifetime and it could be lessened in this country if these folks did their part but they wont. **** them. Catch the rona and **** off to whatever afterlife awaits you so the rest of us can go about our lives. These dadholes are stealing my kid's childhood. **** them and **** them hard.
This should sum up my thoughts as to why this type of rhetoric can **** off...

The wife of a coworker is 6 months pregnant. Both her and my coworker had covid back in December. 26 years old and no complications. They both paid for antibody testing just to be sure...so natural immunity. She decided not to take the vaccine because there was a lack of empirical evidence related specifically to in utero negative outcomes. Her doctor agreed and supported her decision based on the idea of natural immunity. It was somewhat of a risk as there wasn't a ton of information then about natural vs. vax.

But **** her, right. **** her husband too (who also has natural immunity) because he doesn't want to take the vaccine without her. Not anti- vax...just not yet. But you hope they **** die. You want them to **** suffer, physically, financially, emotionally. You don't care that they agonized over what to do. You don't care that she left her job as a precaution.....just in case. **** em. They are human feces.

They aren't any risk to you. In fact, if natural immunity is stronger than vax immunity like it seems to be, all you heartless **** are more of a threat to them than they are to you. You're
also more of a threat to your own **** children than they are. They aren't affecting you in any way...but **** them, right?

Oh, they're registered democrats, if that makes a difference.

tifosi77

COVID-19

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:52 pm

Someone on here once described Patric Hörnqvist as a little ball of hate. I am the Horny of COVID.

Alza la bandera de odio, mi amigos.

tifosi77

COVID-19

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:54 pm

Geno I would have expected you to understand that's not at all a representative situation of who we're talking about here.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

COVID-19

Postby meow » Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:06 pm

I double love him

shmenguin

COVID-19

Postby shmenguin » Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:10 pm

F*** her husband though. Get the vax, dummy.

Morkle

COVID-19

Postby Morkle » Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:11 pm

This should sum up my thoughts as to why this type of rhetoric can **** off...

The wife of a coworker is 6 months pregnant. Both her and my coworker had covid back in December. 26 years old and no complications. They both paid for antibody testing just to be sure...so natural immunity. She decided not to take the vaccine because there was a lack of empirical evidence related specifically to in utero negative outcomes. Her doctor agreed and supported her decision based on the idea of natural immunity. It was somewhat of a risk as there wasn't a ton of information then about natural vs. vax.
Per CDC site...
Yes, COVID-19 vaccination is recommended for all people 12 years and older, including people who are pregnant, breastfeeding, trying to get pregnant now, or might become pregnant in the future. You might want to have a conversation with your healthcare provider about COVID-19 vaccination. While such a conversation might be helpful, it is not required before vaccination. Learn more about vaccination considerations for people who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
But **** her, right. **** her husband too (who also has natural immunity) because he doesn't want to take the vaccine without her. Not anti- vax...just not yet. But you hope they **** die. You want them to **** suffer, physically, financially, emotionally. You don't care that they agonized over what to do. You don't care that she left her job as a precaution.....just in case. **** em. They are human feces.
Show me data now that says "natural immunity" is better than vaccinated immunity. There's been discussions, a few studies - but no clinical decision has been made.

Again per CDC:
“If you have had COVID-19 before, please still get vaccinated,” said CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky. “This study shows you are twice as likely to get infected again if you are unvaccinated. Getting the vaccine is the best way to protect yourself and others around you, especially as the more contagious Delta variant spreads around the country.”
They aren't any risk to you.
Except they are - based on the data that exists today...
In fact, if natural immunity is stronger than vax immunity like it seems to be, all you heartless **** are more of a threat to them than they are to you.
Except natural immunity doesn't appear to be stronger. So show me data that says otherwise.
You're also more of a threat to your own **** children than they are. They aren't affecting you in any way...but **** them, right?
Show data about vaccinations and it affecting children. It's a necessary risk. Having unvaccinated people around doesn't mitigate that risk and is still a dumber decision.
Oh, they're registered democrats, if that makes a difference.
Doesn't make a lick of damn difference. Sounds like they've all gone on older data and decisions, and the doctor should be questioned for thinking natural immunity was better. The husband is a turd for "waiting." This ain't jumping off a cliff, it's a **** vaccine.

Viva la Ben

COVID-19

Postby Viva la Ben » Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:16 pm

Touting natural immunity is anti-vac propaganda.