COVID-19

AuthorTony

COVID-19

Postby AuthorTony » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:20 pm

Make it mandatory.
It was mandatory in PA last year. Restaurants still didn't abide by the mandate. I know a few people who called the police to report violations and the state popo said they weren't getting involved.

AuthorTony

COVID-19

Postby AuthorTony » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:22 pm

55 new covid cases in Somerset. Hospitalizations are up 87% in the last two weeks.

We're up to 43% fully vaccinated.

tifosi77

COVID-19

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:31 pm

Make it mandatory.
It was mandatory in PA last year. Restaurants still didn't abide by the mandate. I know a few people who called the police to report violations and the state popo said they weren't getting involved.
Put a regime in place where the restaurant doesn't have a choice. Scan a unique QR code attached to a vax record before the CC processing company will run the transaction. Something like that. Take it out of the business' hands. Make it so they can't do their thing without proof of a vaccinated point of sale.

I'm just so completely tired of indulging people's tender stupidities, and that's extended to oatmeal-brained business owners.

AuthorTony

COVID-19

Postby AuthorTony » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:34 pm

I'm just so completely tired of indulging people's tender stupidities, and that's extended to oatmeal-brained business owners.
FWIW, I meant to say "Masks" were mandatory in PA last year.

I'm all for making vaccines mandatory to gain admittance to restaurants, etc. I just don't think it'll ever happen in PA.

Nuge

COVID-19

Postby Nuge » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:42 pm

Make it mandatory.
Put a regime in place where the restaurant doesn't have a choice. Scan a unique QR code attached to a vax record before the CC processing company will run the transaction. Something like that. Take it out of the business' hands. Make it so they can't do their thing without proof of a vaccinated point of sale.

I'm not disagreeing with you (I'd love to see this happen), but it will never be the case here. 1. Our state legislature would never go for it. 2. Even if the mandate comes from the feds, there will be noncompliance/non-enforcement in this area. They will find a way to rig whatever enforcement system is put into place.

Sam's Drunk Dog

COVID-19

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:44 pm

They should have made the stimulus checks contingent on receiving the vaccine. Health insurance companies also need to raise the rates for the unvaccinated.

Gaucho

COVID-19

Postby Gaucho » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:44 pm

:|

genoscoif

COVID-19

Postby genoscoif » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:46 pm

I think you should spend more time in trying to understand what those charts mean. if you think it's "119% of white people don't want the vaccine" you are deceptively dumb
Wow. Okay. I said trash graphic not trash data. Y'all need to take some chill pills. Boy howdy.
But, since I definitely don't want to be deceptively dumb.

Let's keep the numbers simple.
Let's say they surveyed 150 people. They all answered questions that would assign a reason for their vaccine hesitancy. By presenting the data side-by-side, they are establishing that the results are coming from the same data set...i.e. the 150 people and their answers that place them into one of this categories. Cool.
Let's say 100 of the 150 are white. Cool.
The way that chart is presented (side-by-side results from a corresponding fixed data set), it looks like 41 of those 100 whities said they'd wait and see, and 70 of those 100 said they'd definitely not.

Now before you all freak out, I am fully aware that that is not what they're presenting. They're presenting that of the people who said definitely not, 70% are white. They're pivoting off of the definitely not instead of the race. Cool.

Except that could be...deceptive. They are presenting this as unvaxxed people provide reasons, so you'd think that the results would be pivoted off of the larger demographic subsets, not the responses. Let's say only 10 people out of the 150 answered definitely not. 7 of them are white. So 7 out of 100 white people surveyed answered definitely not, even though they made of 70% of the overall response category. That seems like a significant difference in what is visually being presented.

Now maybe they did alternate breakdowns elsewhere. I don't know. My point was that it was a poor presentation, and maybe questionable data story telling.

I apologize if my stupidity and ignorance caused anyone heartburn, or lowered the expectations of your fellow man/woman. You may carry on with your pickforks held high.

AuthorTony

COVID-19

Postby AuthorTony » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:50 pm

:|
Yeah.

dodint

COVID-19

Postby dodint » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:54 pm

People I "hate":

People that won't take a free vaccine but will accept free treatment.
People that want to vote but won't get a free state ID.

Just another poor-folk-hating conservative libtard over here.

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:05 pm

Morkle

COVID-19

Postby Morkle » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:23 pm

lol I don't know why this need to be over complicated. It seems pretty simple to me.

Are you vaccinated? "...no..."
Do you have any real medical issues or stipulations that your doctor has given you as to why you shouldn't take the vaccine? "...no..."
Do you want to start the process right now? "...no..."

Welcome to the banished club. Enjoy higher health insurance rates and a "chance" to win a bed at the hospital if you get it. Oh and here's the weekly tests you'll need to do prior to entering identified establishments.

robbiestoupe

COVID-19

Postby robbiestoupe » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:28 pm

I mentioned nothing about vaccines in my post, except that the haters are just as idiotic as the anti-vaxxers. So let's get that out of the way. I'm pro-vaccine, and will admit I jumped the line to get mine - albeit only by a week or two.

Maybe a few of you know some rurals. Even a fewer amount are friends with them, like c2i. At least one of us lives in rural America, God Bless Tony's soul. I just don't get the hate. Yes, they're dumb - kinda happens when you live in a shitty part of America with terrible schools and little chance to get out of where you are. Pretty good chance there's a lot of self-loathing and hatred towards those more fortunate. And when those more fortunate are the ones making the rules and telling you what to do? That's all I'm saying, don't be such dicks.

This is the internet, so the chances of being a dick and having zero compassion is exponentially raised. I knew I would get flamed; so be it. Point being, all this energy towards hating those without a vaccine is not going to work. It will only make them dig their heels in more. If you're so much smarter, how about come up with a way to get these people on board?

PFiDC

COVID-19

Postby PFiDC » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:31 pm

Because nothing will get them on board? They follow a political ideology. Put me on #teamhate. I hope they all get covid and cease to be a burden to the rest of us anymore. I'm done trying to be nice.

PFiDC

COVID-19

Postby PFiDC » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:33 pm

Jesus **** christ its the single most deadly event in our lifetime and it could be lessened in this country if these folks did their part but they wont. **** them. Catch the rona and **** off to whatever afterlife awaits you so the rest of us can go about our lives. These dadholes are stealing my kid's childhood. **** them and **** them hard.

PFiDC

COVID-19

Postby PFiDC » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:34 pm

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

COVID-19

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:34 pm

Morkle

COVID-19

Postby Morkle » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:38 pm

Well, thank god we're being sympathetic to rural folk who've had months to change their stance and get the vaccine. I for one, look forward to the continuing months of new variants, etc.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

COVID-19

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:40 pm

these are also the same rural folk who think jews are evil and blacks aren’t people

robbiestoupe

COVID-19

Postby robbiestoupe » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:54 pm

Listen, I'm pissed, upset, annoyed, whatever at the unvaccinated. Just not ready to you know, kill people over it.

PFiDC

COVID-19

Postby PFiDC » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:56 pm

Ah yes. Because wishing a virus for which there is basically a cure to kill the people not willing to take said cure which is, in turn, **** up the rest of our lives, is the same as pulling the god damned trigger.

THEY are killing themselves. Not us.

AuthorTony

COVID-19

Postby AuthorTony » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:00 pm

Listen, I'm pissed, upset, annoyed, whatever at the unvaccinated. Just not ready to you know, kill people over it.
Same.

My neighbor growing up refuses to get the covid vaccine. His parents even offered him a grand if he's get vaccinated, but he refuses. His wife is anti vax and so are most of his friends.

I'm not judging any of yinz, but I think some of you underestimate what a challenge it is to be a free thinker (not the perfect term but close enough) in an area where a huge percentage of your friends, loved ones, coworkers, etc. are all set in their beliefs. Having the ability and the desire to go against virtually everyone you know and believing they are the ones in the wrong is beyond most people, imo.

I'm not patting myself on the back either. I could have gone down that same path if I wasn't such an antisocial bastard who never cared about having friends or fitting in.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

COVID-19

Postby meow » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:01 pm

Just not ready to you know, kill people over it.

Troy Loney

COVID-19

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:03 pm

Same.

My neighbor growing up refuses to get the covid vaccine. His parents even offered him a grand if he's get vaccinated, but he refuses. His wife is anti vax and so are most of his friends.

I'm not judging any of yinz, but I think some of you underestimate what a challenge it is to be a free thinker (not the perfect term but close enough) in an area where a huge percentage of your friends, loved ones, coworkers, etc. are all set in their beliefs. Having the ability and the desire to go against virtually everyone you know and believing they are the ones in the wrong is beyond most people, imo.

I'm not patting myself on the back either. I could have gone down that same path if I wasn't such an antisocial bastard who never cared about having friends or fitting in.
Is this....cancel culture?

PFiDC

COVID-19

Postby PFiDC » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:09 pm

It's interesting the "kill people" aspect of this conversation. Because, you know, the unvaxxed are doing just that...