COVID-19

PFiDC

COVID-19

Postby PFiDC » Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:00 pm

Rite aid sent me a link to download the Clear app and a QR code to upload to my profile.

eddy

COVID-19

Postby eddy » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:33 am

Masks were mandated at our back to school night, guess who didn't show? All the **** mutants. It was glorious. My daughter got made fun of for wearing a mask before the mandate happened this school year. She replied back saying my younger brother can't get the vaxx yet, so I'm wearing my mask. They proceeded to make fun of her for getting vaxxed. I'm glad she took the higher road, but I told her about my secret room in the school where you can get on the loudspeaker and make fun of all of them at once just in case

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:37 am

Oh man, FB is going to be amazing tonight.

It was indeed a funny evening. The yokels are rallying behind the word “fascism” and/or comparing themselves to civil rights activists like MLK.

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:50 am

Oh man, FB is going to be amazing tonight.

It was indeed a funny evening. The yokels are rallying behind the word “fascism” and/or comparing themselves to civil rights activists like MLK.
I was severely disappointed, as the only thing I saw my my dumbass sister's reply about democrats. Looking at the headlines, I think I know why. So many of them were misleading, neglecting to mention that those employees are not being forced to get vaccinated, and just have to subject themselves to weekly testing.

Viva la Ben

COVID-19

Postby Viva la Ben » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:58 am

So for the last 18 months the vlb household has taken mostly every precaution against covid(social distancing, masking, and vax). MIL had a medical emergency, and we travelled out to Philly. Maybe 20% of ppl were masking. We got a call the day after we got home that our 10yo was exposed to someone who tested positive. We had to wait 5 days from the exposure to take him for the Covid test, and it came back positive. Thankfully he was asymptomatic. Yesterday one of his vaccinated brothers started having a sore throat and headache. 10yo was supposed to go back to school today. Now we wait for more test results.
This is complete garbage that my son got Covid the first time we are around ppl who won’t take the minimum amount of precaution. I won’t make that mistake again.

Troy Loney

COVID-19

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:14 am

Delta wave in Florida waning.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.palmbe ... 8263016002

I still think that pa, wi, oh and mi could all see a wave this fall and that the delta thing hasn’t really rolled through here.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

COVID-19

Postby meow » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:15 am

“Some people made up a story a long time ago and it helps me reconcile my fear of death and other tragedies. So I don’t owe sh*t to nobody. Later nerds.”
how even did you have this locked and loaded
My dear boy, do you ask a fish how it swims? Or a bird how it flies? No sirree, you don't. They do it because they were born to do it.

It’s so much better with sound.

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:16 am

I don't think we'll see the wave that they did, given how much better we seem to be than those clowns.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:19 am

I don't think we'll see the wave that they did, given how much better we seem to be than those clowns.
I'm not so sure... I imagine we'll still see a wave. The magnitude is the question. My theory is that the summer drives the people in the south indoors much like the winter does for us up here. It's clear that indoors is where this thing is spreading. But I have nothing to back that idea.

shmenguin

COVID-19

Postby shmenguin » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:20 am

It’s like last summer when the Midwest was getting nailed. Didn’t spread back to the coasts. Not until everyone started holiday travel.

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:21 am

Source of the post 'm not so sure... I imagine we'll still see a wave. The magnitude is the question.
That's basically what I mean - I expect a wave, just not as big as what happened down there. Hope I'm right, but time will tell. I do expect my side of the state to have a better outcome than the other side.

eddy

COVID-19

Postby eddy » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:50 am

Walk in to the office to find out that 5 people I work with tested positive yesterday. None vaxxed. Luckily I didn't fit in the contact tracing as I was with with one only for a couple minutes (not masked either). These are coaches and have a game tomorrow that they now can't participate in. How can you be that selfish and not get the vaxx?

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:53 am

Source of the post How can you be that selfish and not get the vaxx?
That's the million dollar question.

count2infinity

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:26 am

You can't spell America without ME!

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

COVID-19

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:59 am

someone in HR at my company posted in our company slack about the new mandate since our company has over 100 employees. 5 people reacted to the message with this emoji 😒

I’m guessing those are the antivaxxers identifying themselves

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

COVID-19

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:05 am

Hahahaha one of my coworker friends shared a Reddit profile of one of those people. They’re clearly an antivaxxer

Unfortunately that person is also a report of mine. Great…

mikey

COVID-19

Postby mikey » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:06 am

Was talking to our officials coordinator for our league and said, "hey, my university and our rink require vaccinations for anyone near us or playing at our rink...so...ya know..."

And his response was like, "yeah, I'm not sure I have enough officials for your games with that criterion..."

Is there a secret contingent of hockey refs that are anti-vax...? In the NYC metro area...? Shut up.

Trip McNeely

COVID-19

Postby Trip McNeely » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:12 am

Was talking to our officials coordinator for our league and said, "hey, my university and our rink require vaccinations for anyone near us or playing at our rink...so...ya know..."

And his response was like, "yeah, I'm not sure I have enough officials for your games with that criterion..."

Is there a secret contingent of hockey refs that are anti-vax...? In the NYC metro area...? Shut up.
I LOL’d at this

shafnutz05

COVID-19

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:33 am

Hahahaha one of my coworker friends shared a Reddit profile of one of those people. They’re clearly an antivaxxer

Unfortunately that person is also a report of mine. Great…
Neither of my direct reports are vaxed. My most reliable has not gotten vaxxed because she is pregnant, which I can live with, although she is clearly unhappy about this mandate. I have a hard time getting a read on her, to be honest.

My other direct report is definitely not vaxxed either, and hers is definitely more of an urban population/trust thing.

tifosi77

COVID-19

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:53 am

If one refuses a vaccine and loses their job because of it can they get unemployment?
It varies around the country, and is sort of dependent on the individual employer. When contacted by the UI administrators, they can dispute the claim by the terminated employee, and dismissal for being insubordinate is generally a valid reason for denial of benefits.

MR25

COVID-19

Postby MR25 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:45 pm

Rite aid sent me a link to download the Clear app and a QR code to upload to my profile.

Just got mine too. Wouldn't accept my picture of the vaccine card but took the QR Rite Aid gave me so I guess thats good enough.

PFiDC

COVID-19

Postby PFiDC » Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:57 pm

Just got mine too. Wouldn't accept my picture of the vaccine card but took the QR Rite Aid gave me so I guess thats good enough.
It wanted me to scan the QR code. Problem was it wasn't sent to me in physical form. It was only a digital copy on the Rite Aid website. I had to take a picture of my phone with my wife's phone and scan that image.

RonnieFranchise

COVID-19

Postby RonnieFranchise » Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:59 pm

Ref assignors are always gonna look for reasons to add to the list of why they can't provide a ref for your game.

nocera

COVID-19

Postby nocera » Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:13 pm

It wanted me to scan the QR code. Problem was it wasn't sent to me in physical form. It was only a digital copy on the Rite Aid website. I had to take a picture of my phone with my wife's phone and scan that image.
:lol: I used my laptop so that didn't even occur to me. By the way, if you haven't received your link yet, you can force it through Rite Aid's page.

MR25

COVID-19

Postby MR25 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:20 pm

I saved mine to my phone and emailed it to my work email, then scanned the attachment.