COVID-19

faftorial

COVID-19

Postby faftorial » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:08 pm

Hopefully something better than Accutane. 13 years later and I'm still addicted to chap stick for all intents and purposes
They had nothing when I was teen so that is probably what I'm referring to.

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:47 am

Vaccination Status May Be Considered To Get ICU Beds At Dallas-Area Hospitals If Covid Spread Worsens
If North Texas starts running out of ICU beds, doctors may have to consider coronavirus vaccination status as a factor in who gets priority care—a situation health officials hope to avoid but worry is becoming increasingly likely—with the vaccinated potentially being prioritized for treatment on the assumption that they’re more likely to survive.

• Members of the North Texas Mass Critical Care Guideline Task Force held a meeting last week about the worsening Covid crisis in the area, and discussed the possibility that doctors might need to use Covid vaccination status to prioritize care in extreme scenarios.
  • A spokesman for the task force told Forbes that doctors at the meeting noted unvaccinated Covid patients were suffering worse outcomes, leading to an internal memo being sent to members of the task force—which provides guidance for physicians in the Dallas area—telling doctors they could take vaccination status into account when deciding who to care for, if needed.
  • The memo was leaked to The Dallas Morning News, which was the first outlet to report the news on Thursday.
  • Dr. Mark Casanova, the task force's spokesman, told Forbes that other factors—like pre-existing conditions—would be taken into effect in situations where patients have to be prioritized for care, and unvaccinated status will not be used as an "exclusion criteria."
  • But if all things are equal between two patients suffering from Covid-19, the one who is vaccinated would be seen as more likely to survive, Casanova said, meaning they would receive care first.

Gaucho

COVID-19

Postby Gaucho » Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:48 am

Wouldn't it, from a purley medical standpoint, make more sense to treat the unvaccinated?

Kane

COVID-19

Postby Kane » Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:49 am

Vaccination Status May Be Considered To Get ICU Beds At Dallas-Area Hospitals If Covid Spread Worsens
If North Texas starts running out of ICU beds, doctors may have to consider coronavirus vaccination status as a factor in who gets priority care—a situation health officials hope to avoid but worry is becoming increasingly likely—with the vaccinated potentially being prioritized for treatment on the assumption that they’re more likely to survive.

• Members of the North Texas Mass Critical Care Guideline Task Force held a meeting last week about the worsening Covid crisis in the area, and discussed the possibility that doctors might need to use Covid vaccination status to prioritize care in extreme scenarios.
  • A spokesman for the task force told Forbes that doctors at the meeting noted unvaccinated Covid patients were suffering worse outcomes, leading to an internal memo being sent to members of the task force—which provides guidance for physicians in the Dallas area—telling doctors they could take vaccination status into account when deciding who to care for, if needed.
  • The memo was leaked to The Dallas Morning News, which was the first outlet to report the news on Thursday.
  • Dr. Mark Casanova, the task force's spokesman, told Forbes that other factors—like pre-existing conditions—would be taken into effect in situations where patients have to be prioritized for care, and unvaccinated status will not be used as an "exclusion criteria."
  • But if all things are equal between two patients suffering from Covid-19, the one who is vaccinated would be seen as more likely to survive, Casanova said, meaning they would receive care first.

NAN

COVID-19

Postby NAN » Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:53 am

I'm fine with this. It sucks. It's difficult. But there is something out there that is proven to help this situation, and people are avoiding to it for reasons.

NAN

COVID-19

Postby NAN » Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:57 am

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/20/health/u ... index.html

On the flip side, seems people are starting to finally wake up and getting vaccinated at a higher rate.

It is discussed in there the highest influx of cases are people in their 20s and 30s that are otherwise healthy. Maybe the realization that they are not indestructible is finally hitting home.

eddy

COVID-19

Postby eddy » Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:09 am

Imagine being a human being in 2021 and not getting the vax during all of this.

dodint

COVID-19

Postby dodint » Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:11 am

Wouldn't it, from a purley medical standpoint, make more sense to treat the unvaccinated?
I thought that too, but then I like the idea of people willing to help themselves getting helped first so I'm not going to ask questions. ;)

Kane

COVID-19

Postby Kane » Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:12 am

Imagine being a human being in 2021 and not getting the vax during all of this.
They aren't human beings.

Troy Loney

COVID-19

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:18 am

Amazing what empirical evidence can do.

Why are all those vaccinated people doing normal stuff and not getting sick, while all of unvaccinated people are getting sick?

Maybe I should get the vaccine too?

Ad@m

COVID-19

Postby Ad@m » Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:20 am

Blair Co. senior living home reacts to Biden’s vaccination mandate

https://www.wearecentralpa.com/news/loc ... /blair-co-

tifosi77

COVID-19

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:49 am

The actual definition of 'triage' is prioritizing care in such a way as to maximize the number of survivors. To the extent that unvaxxed patients get hospital care at all in this situation is kind of annoying at this point tbh.

You made your bed. Die in it.

tifosi77

COVID-19

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:54 am

The story linked here is from April and talks about AMED response times and has a video about making a pasta sauce with ramps.

:scared:

Gaucho

COVID-19

Postby Gaucho » Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:56 am

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

COVID-19

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:57 am

last year, weren’t hospitals prioritizing young, in shape people over old, out of shape people for the same reasons?

tifosi77

COVID-19

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:03 pm

Yes. And a year ago, before we had pre-infection intervention options, it was tragic seeing Drs having to make those calls.

Today, with 3 different vaccine options available, dying from COVID is much more of an opt-in kind of thing. Sure, there are instances where good-faith actors are getting sick; give them all of the medicine their bodies can handle. The dickwads who are taking a 'principled stand' or awaiting 'full FDA approval' for vaccines that have 10,000x more doses in arms than any test vaccine in history can f**king die and rid us of the burden of their existence already.

Ad@m

COVID-19

Postby Ad@m » Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:10 pm

The story linked here is from April and talks about AMED response times and has a video about making a pasta sauce with ramps.

This might work

https://www.wearecentralpa.com/news/loc ... n-mandate/

faftorial

COVID-19

Postby faftorial » Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:05 pm

That woman is going to lose her job over this. What a dope.

Trip McNeely

COVID-19

Postby Trip McNeely » Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:11 pm

This might work

https://www.wearecentralpa.com/news/loc ... n-mandate/
Makes sense that one of the employees refusing the vaccine has a last name of Cretin

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

COVID-19

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:31 pm

tbf I don't think Cretin is refusing the vaccine. she's the admin, she just knows who is and isn't vaccinated

Trip McNeely

COVID-19

Postby Trip McNeely » Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:35 pm

tbf I don't think Cretin is refusing the vaccine. she's the admin, she just knows who is and isn't vaccinated
Makes it not as funny though…

robbiestoupe

COVID-19

Postby robbiestoupe » Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:38 pm

What’s the census on parents getting their kids’ vaxxed? Personally I’d like to wait about a month but my wife is more hesitant. I think she’ll eventually want them to get it, but is worried about some of the heart issues.

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:46 pm

I'll be signing my daughter up the second she's eligible.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

COVID-19

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:06 pm

I'm not a parent but my thought is that yeah there's a chance for heart issues if you get the vax but there's a chance of much worse issues if you get COVID

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:09 pm

The reported cases of myocarditis have all been temporary, no? This is pretty similar to the other reports from early on about some people having blood clots, etc.