COVID-19

MR25

COVID-19

Postby MR25 » Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:08 pm

Kinda goes with what you're all touching on

shmenguin

COVID-19

Postby shmenguin » Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:08 pm

Apparently the super spreader event in Mass was related to “Bear Week”, where gay men congregate en masse to get their swerve on.

And they were exchanging ronies at a large scale, obviously. But this isn’t a story that mainstream media is able to cover comfortably, so the CDC with its infinite wisdom is trying to frame this as a Delta crisis instead of a very specific and non-repeatable circumstance.

AuthorTony

COVID-19

Postby AuthorTony » Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:26 pm

My neighbor's future son in law lives in FL and was invited to a wedding in NY last weekend. He was fully vaxxed but had covid symptoms and flew despite that. He went to the wedding, and on Monday he tested positive for covid. Now 4 or 5 other people at that wedding have also come down with covid. People never cease to amaze me with their stupidity.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

COVID-19

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:37 pm

many such cases

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:55 am

I think Florida does make people dumber. A buddy of mine moved there two years ago, and yesterday told me that tourists are responsible for all of the skyrocketing covid cases in the state. It’s not at all the residents.

Troy Loney

COVID-19

Postby Troy Loney » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:56 am

Lol, Dolly Parton funded vaccine research

RonnieFranchise

COVID-19

Postby RonnieFranchise » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:42 am

This sht is not helping things at all. As people have pointed out, that's .07% of all those vaccinated

That's about 1/10 of the percentage of people who died after getting covid back at the beginning of this mess- which they were saying was no big deal, just a bad flu.

Lemon Berry Lobster

COVID-19

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:59 am

many such cases

Why would anyone entertain LBL. Then posts unsubstantiated claims by random twitter users to stir the pot. :thumb:

King Colby

COVID-19

Postby King Colby » Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:05 pm

Many of those 125,000 tested positive but would have never known they had it. Many of those 125,000 were mildly ill at worst. Few of those 125,000 were "sick". Even fewer of those 125,000 had to go to the hospital. Hardly any of those 125,000 died.

But nah. My headline will read "non-contextual large number of vaccinated people have suffered breakthrough infections!".

NAN

COVID-19

Postby NAN » Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:26 pm

Many of those 125,000 tested positive but would have never known they had it. Many of those 125,000 were mildly ill at worst. Few of those 125,000 were "sick". Even fewer of those 125,000 had to go to the hospital. Hardly any of those 125,000 died.

But nah. My headline will read "non-contextual large number of vaccinated people have suffered breakthrough infections!".
Exactly. I ***** about this a few weeks ago in this thread. The headlines are so misleading and its not helping

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

COVID-19

Postby meow » Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:39 pm

I’m in this weird place with this entire thing right. Maybe we take this as a L and just try to move forward. If you wanna mask up, mask up. If you wanna lick door knobs and cough on people at target, lick door knobs and cough on people at target. We’ve definitely proven that we can’t work together for the greater good to follow a few simple rules. How much longer are we going to keep this charade up? This is like everything else in the 21st century. People can’t accept that information can change and situations are fluid. Whatever was said in March 2020 cannot change without people flipping out. “Fauci said this and it turned out wrong.” I don’t see any other way out of this.

PFiDC

COVID-19

Postby PFiDC » Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:29 pm

I’m in this weird place with this entire thing right. Maybe we take this as a L and just try to move forward. If you wanna mask up, mask up. If you wanna lick door knobs and cough on people at target, lick door knobs and cough on people at target. We’ve definitely proven that we can’t work together for the greater good to follow a few simple rules. How much longer are we going to keep this charade up? This is like everything else in the 21st century. People can’t accept that information can change and situations are fluid. Whatever was said in March 2020 cannot change without people flipping out. “Fauci said this and it turned out wrong.” I don’t see any other way out of this.
I'll be here as soon as kids can get a vaccine. Until then, **** the unvaccinated.

shmenguin

COVID-19

Postby shmenguin » Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:31 pm

Is there anything else to do, other than wait for our kids to get jabbed and then resume normal life? If you’re childless or have teenagers, I don’t know why you’d even follow this story anymore.

COVID is over when my kids get the shot in some amount of months. Newspapers will stop talking about it then, too. There’s no market for repeated stories about obese midwestern republicans dying from their own cognitive deficiencies.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

COVID-19

Postby meow » Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:38 pm

I think the small shred of care I have left blows away once my kiddos can get it. And truth be told, that shred of care is awfully damn small right now

Trip McNeely

COVID-19

Postby Trip McNeely » Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:03 pm

I think the small shred of care I have left blows away once my kiddos can get it. And truth be told, that shred of care is awfully damn small right now
I’m in this boat

Lemon Berry Lobster

COVID-19

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:08 pm

Until lockdowns happen again.

King Colby

COVID-19

Postby King Colby » Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:20 pm

Is there anything else to do, other than wait for our kids to get jabbed and then resume normal life? If you’re childless or have teenagers, I don’t know why you’d even follow this story anymore.

COVID is over when my kids get the shot in some amount of months. Newspapers will stop talking about it then, too. There’s no market for repeated stories about obese midwestern republicans dying from their own cognitive deficiencies.
There's nothing else to do. We tried everything and there's still a rogue variant from overseas.

King Colby

COVID-19

Postby King Colby » Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:21 pm

I doubt they're gonna happen tbh

NAN

COVID-19

Postby NAN » Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:35 pm

I doubt they're gonna happen tbh
Yeah. I think the most they will ask is masks back on. Unlike last year, there are options to protect yourself. You have to let these people work and "get back to normal".

There is still going to be more.fallout from last years lockouts imo once people have to pay rent and the additional unemployment runs out. As well as the reality that some places just are not going to reopen or survive another lockdown.

NAN

COVID-19

Postby NAN » Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:36 pm

On a separate note, ran to Walmart today. After about 2 months of people wearing masks being like 5%, I bet like 35% of people were wearing them.

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:40 pm

My local grocery store, Target and PetSmart all had > 85% people wearing masks this weekend.

skullman80

COVID-19

Postby skullman80 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:43 pm

Yeah I have no intention of masking up inside stores again.

I'm pretty much over this **** at this point. I'm vaccinated as is everyone close to me.

nocera

COVID-19

Postby nocera » Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:56 pm

Went to a family wedding yesterday. Today I see a post from someone on Facebook with photos from the wedding and the caption “Unfortunately we couldn’t stay long since HUSBAND NAME and I were feeling ill but I wouldn’t have missed this wedding for the world.”

I noticed this person blowing her nose and coughing quite a bit during dinner. Bunch of morons in this world.

shmenguin

COVID-19

Postby shmenguin » Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:30 pm

There's nothing else to do. We tried everything and there's still a rogue variant from overseas.
And if there was never a story published about variants…if the public didn’t even know they were a thing…would anything be significantly different than it is today? Doesn’t f’ing seem like it.

Very very tired of vaccinated people talking about something that is of absolutely no concern.

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:37 pm

Lol