COVID-19

NAN

COVID-19

Postby NAN » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:17 pm

Welp I've had my first confirmed exposure to someone who has tested positive. It was 5 days ago as of tonight (they tested positive today). Going to try and get a test tomorrow. My fiance hasn't felt well since yesterday morning. I've had a really sore back which isn't something I would have thought about but this person's symptoms started with a sore back and that's been his biggest symptom so far in addition to losing his taste and smell yesterday morning.
Its crazy how many different symptoms people have had. I had a headache during it.

Good luck man.

NAN

COVID-19

Postby NAN » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:20 pm

A fellow local photographer was just admitted to the ICU. They're trying to decide whether he needs placed on a vent. The guy's barely 50. After the 49 y/o who died Friday, I'll freely admit to being scared shitless.
Sorry to hear. Best of luck to them. The vast majority of people will end up being fine, but it absolutely blows this can take down a healthy youngish person like that.

offsides

COVID-19

Postby offsides » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:48 pm

I am kinda thinking that with the way positive cases are increasing in PA that Wolf may issue some more restrictions. Stuff like business capacity and bar and restaurant hours. Doubt if he will shut anything down but who knows.

Morkle

COVID-19

Postby Morkle » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:57 pm

I am kinda thinking that with the way positive cases are increasing in PA that Wolf may issue some more restrictions. Stuff like business capacity and bar and restaurant hours. Doubt if he will shut anything down but who knows.
I honestly think he should. He’s screwed either way with the backlash.

shafnutz05

COVID-19

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:56 am

Here you go, shaf: https://nypost.com/2020/11/21/secret-pl ... dding/amp/

Take a towel with you when you go read it.
Sigh...

eddy

COVID-19

Postby eddy » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:39 am

Here's a thread

eddy

COVID-19

Postby eddy » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:44 am

Welp I've had my first confirmed exposure to someone who has tested positive. It was 5 days ago as of tonight (they tested positive today). Going to try and get a test tomorrow. My fiance hasn't felt well since yesterday morning. I've had a really sore back which isn't something I would have thought about but this person's symptoms started with a sore back and that's been his biggest symptom so far in addition to losing his taste and smell yesterday morning.
Its crazy how many different symptoms people have had. I had a headache during it.

Good luck man.
My brother has bad headaches and his legs ache. We were exposed again last week, just found out yesterday. Took the whole week off just to be safe. Wife has a little cough today, but I don't think it's much more than that. Fingers crossed.

skullman80

COVID-19

Postby skullman80 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:02 am

My wife was around someone though not for an extended period of time (and both had masks on) who just tested positive at her hospital. Another worker there also tested positive but she was not around them last week at all. Fun times.

eddy

COVID-19

Postby eddy » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:20 am

So with my wife having a runny nose and being exposed to someone last week, what is the protocol here? I don't think it's more than a cold, she feels fine, but what the hell are you supposed to do?

Morkle

COVID-19

Postby Morkle » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:23 am

I've had a slight dry cough for a few days. I don't know if it's any more than the weather being fed up.

PFiDC

COVID-19

Postby PFiDC » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:24 am

So with my wife having a runny nose and being exposed to someone last week, what is the protocol here? I don't think it's more than a cold, she feels fine, but what the hell are you supposed to do?
Get tested and quarantine.

My fiance isn't allowed back at work until she gets a negative test and is symptom free.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

COVID-19

Postby meow » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:26 am

Grab your ankles and relax and let old meow take care of the rest

PFiDC

COVID-19

Postby PFiDC » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:26 am

Achoo

eddy

COVID-19

Postby eddy » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:30 am

My fiance isn't allowed back at work until she gets a negative test and is symptom free.
We made arrangements and will be quarantined all week. Since we have no where to be until next Tuesday, I wasn't sure if we should just wait a couple days and see if it's just a runny nose and it goes away. I'm feeling fine, I guess we'll see what happens

PFiDC

COVID-19

Postby PFiDC » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:49 am

Technically you should quarantine for 14 days

eddy

COVID-19

Postby eddy » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:07 am

Technically you should sneeze in my dadhole

PFiDC

COVID-19

Postby PFiDC » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:23 am

Bend over

NAN

COVID-19

Postby NAN » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:28 am

This. My youngest daughter and my family just went through this. She caught a cold, but had to get tested, we had to quarantine, etc until we got the negative results.

Troy Loney

COVID-19

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:14 am

Has anyone changed their behavior in the past couple of weeks?

We started getting groceries delivered again and stopped our people inside bubble (only see friends or do thing a outside). Hard to believe that thanksgiving doesn’t become another super spreader. Driving down 19 through peters on Saturday morning to play golf at lindenwood, everything looked packed with people.
If you can rationalize going to a restaurant right now, no way you are skipping thanksgiving get togethers.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:18 am

I changed my desk location at work, my wife is now work from home or work in her office only (no more in person classes this semester), more of a change due to that time of the year, but we've stopped taking evening walks in the neighborhood (our 2.5 year old doesn't understand social distancing and loves giving hugs to the neighbors).

Beyond that: nothing has changed. We weren't going to get togethers, we weren't being around people not us, we weren't going out for dinner, we hit up grocery stores in off times to minimize risk, etc. I'm very much of the opinion that if these new restrictions have a major impact on your life (outside of employment that is), you were the reason they put the restrictions in place.

PFiDC

COVID-19

Postby PFiDC » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:20 am

We closed our bubble the day after we got exposed (didn't know about exposure until yesterday). We're on complete lockdown until mid January at least. No visits with our friends who were in our bubble all summer. Going to ride the winter out in hibernation.

offsides

COVID-19

Postby offsides » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:26 am

"China's zero-tolerance approach is in stark contrast to the United States"

Don't think the China methods could ever work here, but they seem to work well in China.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/23/asia/sha ... index.html

DigitalGypsy66

COVID-19

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:28 am

We're doing what we've been doing since early April. Other than my kids are going to school two days a week, and both of us have been back to work since August. We're going to HHI tomorrow afternoon, and we plan on doing the same thing we do here - go outside, eat takeout, and chill at "home." This semester has been very stressful, and this little trip has been my goal and "light at the end of the tunnel" of surviving running an understaffed public building during a pandemic.

Speaking of which, our classes (face to face) end tomorrow. Our English professors are giving final exams, as you can't do that online due to cheating.

These require PCs, of course, which my building has plenty of. Unfortunately, none of them would turn on this morning - some weird group policy issue that shut them down completely and required hard resets (unplug and plug back in). Our entire IT staff was either off or working from home. I was stuck at the lab giving blood for my physical; one of my staff is out for surgery; which left my other staff person on duty going around and unplugging/plugging in 60+ PCs so students could take exams. Several of the students helped out, but WTF? Why schedule everyone work from home or off during exams?

The thing that chaps my ass is that I can't work from home - I could, but we're so thin that it would be a real burden on the rest of my staff. Leaders lead in person. Our IT Dean is 100% work from home, which is bullshit.

nocera

COVID-19

Postby nocera » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:29 am

It'd be nice if we could settle into a solid compromise between China's insanely strict welding you in your house restrictions and America's **** it maybe we'll go for herd immunity approach.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:31 am

Canada?