COVID-19

offsides

COVID-19

Postby offsides » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:24 pm

I have no idea what would be considered acceptable by most. Guess it would depend on if you lived in a senior living center or played college or professional football.

tifosi77

COVID-19

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:26 pm

The average American has under $9k in their bank account. It should not be difficult to do this math.
Something like 20% of Americans have less than $400 in their checking accounts.

tifosi77

COVID-19

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:29 pm

France had the equivalent of 150k USA cases today.
Months ago in the summer, the news was loaded with stories along the lines of "Look how badly the US is f***ing up its response to Covid in comparison to Europe." Now, it's hard to find any stories mentioning that multiple of those European nations are experiencing caseloads that on a per-capita basis are far larger than anything the US saw in July.
Maybe follow some news outlets other than the Bee. ;)

I get multiple push notifications a week for stories about the spiraling case rates in Europe. I think it was just this morning I woke up with one specific to France.

Shyster

COVID-19

Postby Shyster » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:54 pm

I get multiple push notifications a week for stories about the spiraling case rates in Europe. I think it was just this morning I woke up with one specific to France.
I have two collections of news tabs set up on Firefox that I read every day, which include 18 different US and international news sites, including CNN, Fox News, the Trib and Post-Gazette, the Japan Times, the Times of India, the Sydney Morning Herald, the AP, the BBC, Al Jazeera English, and RT International. Some of those are certainly covering the soaring cases in Europe. The US sites, however, for the most part are not, and I was referring to US-based news, both in terms of the current lack of coverage and the past articles on how much better Europe was doing.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:59 pm

I have two collections of news tabs set up on Firefox that I read every day, which include 18 different US and international news sites, including CNN, Fox News, the Trib and Post-Gazette, the Japan Times, the Times of India, the Sydney Morning Herald, the AP, the BBC, Al Jazeera English, and RT International.

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:00 pm

No, even the nerds are looking at him funny now.

King Colby

COVID-19

Postby King Colby » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:02 pm

I have no idea what would be considered acceptable by most. Guess it would depend on if you lived in a senior living center or played college or professional football.
Agreed. 60 there seems ok unless there's evidence that the 60 got it at school as opposed to elsewhere in the community.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

COVID-19

Postby meow » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:43 pm

I have two collections of news tabs set up on Firefox that I read every day, which include 18 different US and international news sites, including CNN, Fox News, the Trib and Post-Gazette, the Japan Times, the Times of India, the Sydney Morning Herald, the AP, the BBC, Al Jazeera English, and RT International.
You should streamline and just come here and read nobody’s posts

:pop:

nocera

COVID-19

Postby nocera » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:51 pm

Gov. Tom Wolf Vetoes Bill On Loosening Coronavirus Restrictions At Restaurants, Bars
https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2020/10 ... staurants/
House Bill 2513 would have allowed increased occupancy beyond 50 percent, let people buy a drink without buying food and allowed customers to sit at the bar.

However, Gov. Wolf says signing it would endanger public health by letting places open up to full indoor capacity.

The bill passed overwhelmingly in the state House and Senate, which could try to override the veto.

Gaucho

COVID-19

Postby Gaucho » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:02 pm

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:21 pm

Lolol

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:27 pm

:thumb:

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

COVID-19

Postby meow » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:28 pm

I. Am. Legend.

Tomas

COVID-19

Postby Tomas » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:31 pm

I have two collections of news tabs set up on Firefox that I read every day, which include 18 different US and international news sites, including CNN, Fox News, the Trib and Post-Gazette, the Japan Times, the Times of India, the Sydney Morning Herald, the AP, the BBC, Al Jazeera English, and RT International. Some of those are certainly covering the soaring cases in Europe. The US sites, however, for the most part are not, and I was referring to US-based news, both in terms of the current lack of coverage and the past articles on how much better Europe was doing.
I'd like to just humbly point out that as "Europe" is currently absolutely freaking out about the most recent COVID spike, the numbers of cases for this 748M population entity *in the 140K-150K/day range) are right on par - if not better - with the 60K+ current cases in the country with 331.5M population called the US - where few people care about those numbers...

For example, today's 147.6K cases are equivalent to 147.6*(331.6/747.8) = 65,451 "US cases". A huge part of Europe is under massive restrictions.
Today, US has 64,400 cases, and the day is not over yet. And 100s of thousands of people will be in the stands over the weekend....

Gaucho

COVID-19

Postby Gaucho » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:32 pm

fingers crossed

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:35 pm

I. Am. Legend.
You’re a limp-wristed poodle walking dodint.

Pavel Bure

COVID-19

Postby Pavel Bure » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:39 pm

Well... bus driver infected my kid and a couple others. Luckily he is asymptomatic but depending on how my wife, younger son, and I come back the older kid might have to miss Halloween.
The kicker to all of this is my wife and I are the only ones in my family that take this seriously and our yokel family members who wear masks half-assed haven’t had a hint of danger.

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:02 pm

Oof, good luck with everything, PB.

grunthy

COVID-19

Postby grunthy » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:53 pm

Well... bus driver infected my kid and a couple others. Luckily he is asymptomatic but depending on how my wife, younger son, and I come back the older kid might have to miss Halloween.
The kicker to all of this is my wife and I are the only ones in my family that take this seriously and our yokel family members who wear masks half-assed haven’t had a hint of danger.

Your kid tested positive or the bus driver did and now your kid is in quarantine?

grunthy

COVID-19

Postby grunthy » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:54 pm

20-25% of my wife’s high school is either in quarantine or has tested positive. They are still chugging along.

Sam's Drunk Dog

COVID-19

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:03 pm

New Blood Test Accurately Predicts Which COVID-19 Patients Will Develop Severe Infection

https://scitechdaily.com/new-blood-test ... infection/

Morkle

COVID-19

Postby Morkle » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:47 pm

Found out someone I bowl with lost her daughter on Friday due to complications from COVID. She was 39. She had pre-conditions but that’s the first person I know who passed from it.

Pavel Bure

COVID-19

Postby Pavel Bure » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:48 pm

Your kid tested positive or the bus driver did and now your kid is in quarantine?
The bus driver tested positive, kids in the bus within 14 days of the driver positive have been sent home to quarantine. We got my son tested and he came back positive, no symptoms though. The rest of us went to get tested today (found out son was positive today).
The sick thing is, if we come back positive we’ll be able to participate in Halloween because we’ll all be out of the contagious range BUT if we come back negative we have to quarantine for the full time which would put us past Halloween...
Add to this my oldest who has Covid just had his 4th ear surgery and told my wife and I that he “doesn’t feel like a normal kid and why can’t his ears be like everyone else?” Now may have to miss one of the biggest kid focused holidays and it's a bit heart wrenching. I’m just happy he doesn’t have symptoms.

grunthy

COVID-19

Postby grunthy » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:43 pm

The bus driver tested positive, kids in the bus within 14 days of the driver positive have been sent home to quarantine. We got my son tested and he came back positive, no symptoms though. The rest of us went to get tested today (found out son was positive today).
The sick thing is, if we come back positive we’ll be able to participate in Halloween because we’ll all be out of the contagious range BUT if we come back negative we have to quarantine for the full time which would put us past Halloween...
Add to this my oldest who has Covid just had his 4th ear surgery and told my wife and I that he “doesn’t feel like a normal kid and why can’t his ears be like everyone else?” Now may have to miss one of the biggest kid focused holidays and it's a bit heart wrenching. I’m just happy he doesn’t have symptoms.
That sucks. Hopefully if you all have it you are asymptomatic.

DigitalGypsy66

COVID-19

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:38 am

A JV football team near Myrtle Beach played their game Thursday night knowing they had two positive cases. Now the entire team is in quarantine for 14 days, plus two of the varsity coaches are as well. No word if the other team with go into quarantine.

That county (Horry) school district has taken a lot of heat for having a high spread rate, but not switching to all virtual. One teacher emailed her school board representative, who in turn blamed teachers for going out in public, not wearing masks, and not social distancing when not in school (all observed on social media btw). Then the board member said she didn’t mean to blame teachers. OK, sure. :lol: