COVID-19

PFiDC

COVID-19

Postby PFiDC » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:40 pm

There is going to be controversy no matter what. And if Trump touts it, forget about it.

Theyre not going to give you an unsafe vaccine. They just aren't. Thinking otherwise is Bill Gates microchip level lunacy.
I love the optimism but question the rationale. What part of the last 6 months makes you think ANY vaccine that is touted as "ready" would be just fine and free of issues?

As has been said before, the quickest vaccine ever so far is 4 years. Even with the entire planet working on it 6 months would be one of the greatest accomplishments in human history.

offsides

COVID-19

Postby offsides » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:49 pm

Apparently China doesn't need mass vaccinations. They beat it.

"There isn't currently a need for mass vaccination at this stage"
On Saturday, China's National Health Commission only recorded 10 new symptomatic confirmed cases, all imported from overseas. It also reported 70 new asymptomatic cases, which are counted separately, also all imported.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/14/asia/chi ... index.html

RonnieFranchise

COVID-19

Postby RonnieFranchise » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:52 pm

I was at an event this weekend where I had not seen anyone (I was not related to) for 25-30 years. It was hard because in addition to that much time, everyone had a mask on- so I’m sure I missed out on some people I’d have liked to have spoken with.

shoeshine boy

COVID-19

Postby shoeshine boy » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:24 pm

There is going to be controversy no matter what. And if Trump touts it, forget about it.

Theyre not going to give you an unsafe vaccine. They just aren't. Thinking otherwise is Bill Gates microchip level lunacy.
I think Trump would encourage them to but so far, it looks like Big Pharma has morals (and brains) after all. :scared:

King Colby

COVID-19

Postby King Colby » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:28 pm

I think Trump would encourage them to but so far, it looks like Big Pharma has morals (and brains) after all. :scared:
Theyre robbers, not killers.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:29 pm

Much like B Rabbit in 8 mile... you only get one shot. If you mess it up, you're done. That's why Big Pharma, even if they get the authority to skirt regulations, will not move forward until the vaccine is sound. You don't want your company name linked with a vaccine failure for the biggest pandemic in a century.

DigitalGypsy66

COVID-19

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:42 pm

Theyre robbers, not killers.
They are publicly traded, so they are probably concerned about stock price should their vaccine start killing people.

tifosi77

COVID-19

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:58 pm

Several pharma CEOs came out publicly to affirm that they would not submit a vax for approval unless it was safe and effective. They aren't cash-grabbing it. (I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the first to market Jonas Salk'd the thing)

pens9192

COVID-19

Postby pens9192 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:13 pm

Long MRNA

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:27 pm

Pitt School of Medicine researchers discovered the smallest biological molecule to date that “completely and specifically” neutralizes the SARS-CoV-2 virus, according to a report published Monday in the journal Cell.

The scientists reported that a tiny antibody component — 10 times smaller than a full-sized antibody — can be used to create a therapeutic and preventative drug called Ab8 and found it to be “highly effective” in preventing the SARS-CoV-2 in mice and hamsters.

The molecule’s tiny size could be advantageous for its movement through the body’s tissues to neutralize the virus and for administering the drug — for example, through inhalation, according to the university.
#H2Pitt

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:35 pm

Remember like a month into this when Pitt came out and said they had a vaccine and it would be administered via some sort of skin patch? What happened to that? Or is this that as well?

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:37 pm

Somebody asked that a few weeks ago, and I couldn’t find a follow up to it.

CBear3

COVID-19

Postby CBear3 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:51 pm

Pitt School of Medicine researchers discovered the smallest biological molecule to date that “completely and specifically” neutralizes the SARS-CoV-2 virus, according to a report published Monday in the journal Cell.

The scientists reported that a tiny antibody component — 10 times smaller than a full-sized antibody — can be used to create a therapeutic and preventative drug called Ab8 and found it to be “highly effective” in preventing the SARS-CoV-2 in mice and hamsters.

The molecule’s tiny size could be advantageous for its movement through the body’s tissues to neutralize the virus and for administering the drug — for example, through inhalation, according to the university.
#H2Pitt
Pitt named the drug AB8(4)?

RonnieFranchise

COVID-19

Postby RonnieFranchise » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:46 pm

Remember like a month into this when Pitt came out and said they had a vaccine and it would be administered via some sort of skin patch? What happened to that? Or is this that as well?
They lost it like a 5 star recruit

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:50 pm

#H2Pitt
Pitt named the drug AB8(4)?
How dare you

Beveridge

COVID-19

Postby Beveridge » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:50 pm

Didn't one of the researchers get killed or something like 2 weeks after that announcement?

MrKennethTKangaroo

COVID-19

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:59 pm

Several pharma CEOs came out publicly to affirm that they would not submit a vax for approval unless it was safe and effective. They aren't cash-grabbing it. (I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the first to market Jonas Salk'd the thing)
So let me get this straight, we are going to point at big pharma, an industry directly responsible for close to 400,000 overdose deaths, and say "yes, these are the guys that care about the best interests of the american people"

mikey

COVID-19

Postby mikey » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:19 pm

Can non-OTC drugs be exclusively attributed to Big Pharma...

(Which, of course, isn't to say they're off the hook)

robbiestoupe

COVID-19

Postby robbiestoupe » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:21 pm

I love the optimism but question the rationale. What part of the last 6 months makes you think ANY vaccine that is touted as "ready" would be just fine and free of issues?

As has been said before, the quickest vaccine ever so far is 4 years. Even with the entire planet working on it 6 months would be one of the greatest accomplishments in human history.
From what I understand, the vaccine from Oxford has been in development for years. They started it as a vaccine for MERS but were able to quickly tweak a couple things due to the virus similarities and boom, were off to the races.

obhave

COVID-19

Postby obhave » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:30 pm

Press about the oxford vaccine is interesting to me. In the European press, I've seen the company/partner state 2022 for the vaccine. In the American press, they state some batches could be ready end of 2020.

There are a few things that could account for it: 1) difference in regulations or ability for emergency approval or 2) maybe the 2022 thing is for wide spread distribution.

If the medical community deems something safe, I'm going with it. I just find the difference in press interesting

tifosi77

COVID-19

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:35 am

So let me get this straight, we are going to point at big pharma, an industry directly responsible for close to 400,000 overdose deaths, and say "yes, these are the guys that care about the best interests of the american people"
You're painting with a broad brush here. That's like not trusting Chevy because VW cheated their EPA test. Some of these companies don't even trade in that space.

Also the point is more about having to come out publicly to assure people that any vax that's developed won't be deployed in the face of political pressure.

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:49 am

Source of the post There are a few things that could account for it: 1) difference in regulations or ability for emergency approval or 2) maybe the 2022 thing is for wide spread distribution.
The latter could very well be true, though there was an article yesterday from some CEO in India stating that it wouldn't be until 2024 that we'd have worldwide vaccinations complete.

robbiestoupe

COVID-19

Postby robbiestoupe » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:18 am

Source of the post There are a few things that could account for it: 1) difference in regulations or ability for emergency approval or 2) maybe the 2022 thing is for wide spread distribution.
The latter could very well be true, though there was an article yesterday from some CEO in India stating that it wouldn't be until 2024 that we'd have worldwide vaccinations complete.
It could also be that the US dumped half a billion dollars into the development of the Oxford vaccine

obhave

COVID-19

Postby obhave » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:41 am

It could also be that the US dumped half a billion dollars into the development of the Oxford vaccine
So we get first dibs?

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:43 am

So we get first dibs?
If by 'we' you mean congress and company, yes.