meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

COVID-19

Postby meow » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:43 pm

Boot them the school. Keep their money.

shafnutz05

COVID-19

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:45 pm

“I’ve never seen this before,” the officer said, waving the student over. “There’s an input on the computer that you tested positive for covid?”

“Yes,” the student said. “This was, um, a week ago.”

The officer asked whether he was supposed to be quarantining, to which the student replied that he was at his house and that everyone who lives in the house also tested positive for covid-19.

“But you have other people here, and you’re positive for covid? You see the problem?” the officer said.

The student said that some of the visitors had also tested positive.

The officer sighed. “You’re not quarantining if you’re mixing with other people,” he said.
I can only imagine the restraint the officer showed to not hit him upside the head :face:

PFiDC

COVID-19

Postby PFiDC » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:45 pm

But will they die though? Can they still play football? Come on guys, they will be fine. Who cares?

Dickie Dunn

COVID-19

Postby Dickie Dunn » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:49 pm

Petition to rename mikey's forum handle to Boner Chump.
FTFY
Yeah, but then we can't use The Office reference.
He's the Nellie of The Office anyway, so...
Jesus. So much hate.

Gaucho

COVID-19

Postby Gaucho » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:49 pm

“But you have other people here, and you’re positive for covid? You see the problem?” the officer said.

AuthorTony

COVID-19

Postby AuthorTony » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:14 pm

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/peop ... likely-cdc
People with COVID-19 'twice as likely' to report eating at restaurants before showing symptoms, CDC study suggests
In-person restaurant dining appears greater risk of exposure than gyms or shopping centers
Not exactly a shock.

King Colby

COVID-19

Postby King Colby » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:25 pm

Shopping I can see. Not sure I understand how gyms arent a problem though. Youre generally there a similar period of time as a restaurant and you're breathing far heavier.

nocera

COVID-19

Postby nocera » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:28 pm

Shopping I can see. Not sure I understand how gyms arent a problem though. Youre generally there a similar period of time as a restaurant and you're breathing far heavier.
I would bet that a lot of usual gym-goers have been working out outside on their own. Once the weather turns, I wouldn't be surprised to see that number shoot up.

King Colby

COVID-19

Postby King Colby » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:29 pm

I would bet that a lot of usual gym-goers have been working out outside on their own. Once the weather turns, I wouldn't be surprised to see that number shoot up.
Could be. But with restaurants at 25% its hard to imagine gyms were much lower than that

nocera

COVID-19

Postby nocera » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:34 pm

Could be. But with restaurants at 25% its hard to imagine gyms were much lower than that
I don't know. Restaurants are also a more group activity. So, people could be going to restaurants to meet up with people outside of their "bubble" and sitting in close proximity/no masks. Also I'm guessing there are far more people who go to restaurants than belong to a gym.

In PA, do you have to wear a mask in a gym? I know in Ohio/WV you just have to wear one until you start actively working out, then you can remove it.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:45 pm

From our local newspaper's FB post on today's numbers in Centre County:

"Who gives a freaking sh*t with the cases, you should be reporting information about 911 today and what people lost 19 years ago not a freaking virus that’s not even worth reporting"

:face:

PFiDC

COVID-19

Postby PFiDC » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:46 pm

Stop reporting on 200K american deaths this year and focus on the 3K from 19 years ago...

MR25

COVID-19

Postby MR25 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:07 pm

Yeah but you can't declare war and invade a virus

Guypointingathead.gif

MrKennethTKangaroo

COVID-19

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:21 pm

I'm going to speculate that the difference re: gyms and bars probably has something to do with willingness to break the rules on distancing. I feel like it it more likely that a bar and its patrons are more likely to overstay their welcome, lose their willingness to keep a distance, or not abide by the capacity rules. For some bars the rules on capacity are so small that it wouldn't take much to break those rules. Gyms, on the other hand, aren't necessarily going to have people overstaying their time. I also don't think you are going to see a willingness to pack a gym like you will a bar. Plus, even before the pandemic, there were some inherent unspoken boundaries at most gyms about giving people their space.

faftorial

COVID-19

Postby faftorial » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:23 pm

I'm going to speculate that the difference re: gyms and bars probably has something to do with willingness to break the rules on distancing. I feel like it it more likely that a bar and its patrons are more likely to overstay their welcome, lose their willingness to keep a distance, or not abide by the capacity rules. For some bars the rules on capacity are so small that it wouldn't take much to break those rules. Gyms, on the other hand, aren't necessarily going to have people overstaying their time. I also don't think you are going to see a willingness to pack a gym like you will a bar. Plus, even before the pandemic, there were some inherent unspoken boundaries at most gyms about giving people their space.
Plus people are not getting drunk and letting their guard down in gyms.

offsides

COVID-19

Postby offsides » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:26 pm

At my wellness center\gym that I have been going to since June 3rd a mask must be worn at all times except when showering and swimming. The center is being constantly cleaned and disinfected. My cardiologist highly recommended I go. I would guess over 70% of the people there are old farts like me and over 70. Just retired knuckleheads.

Troy Loney

COVID-19

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:34 pm

I was wondering if gym's were having people wear masks the entire time. That is a big difference between gyms and restaurants.

robbiestoupe

COVID-19

Postby robbiestoupe » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:39 pm

Source of the post I would guess over 70% of the people there are old farts like me and over 70. Just retired knuckleheads.
So a bunch of dudes walking around naked in the locker room. Where do I sign up?

MrKennethTKangaroo

COVID-19

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:40 pm

I don't think they all are. A friend of mine stopped going to a smaller gym somewhere around Lawrenceville (not sure which one) but quit and started going somewhere else (not sure where) because of a lack of mask compliance. Supposedly Fitness Factory has been good about it though

MR25

COVID-19

Postby MR25 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:47 pm

My trainer said masks are not required but only 5 people allowed during each hour slot. She said she's disinfecting everything after each use as well and so far, so good.

I'm still on the fence. Was all ready to get back into it after my vacation but I just can't fully convince myself to do it, especially since winter is coming.

pens9192

COVID-19

Postby pens9192 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:20 pm

I don't know. Restaurants are also a more group activity. So, people could be going to restaurants to meet up with people outside of their "bubble" and sitting in close proximity/no masks. Also I'm guessing there are far more people who go to restaurants than belong to a gym.

In PA, do you have to wear a mask in a gym? I know in Ohio/WV you just have to wear one until you start actively working out, then you can remove it.
I go to a 24/7 Planet Fitness and have to wear a mask a whole time. When they reopened you just had to a wear a mask when not exercising but that changed about two months ago. I think there is a capacity restriction but dunno what it is. I go late at night and I am always the only one there besides the worker. The week they reopened I tried going around dinner time and saw a bunch of jagoffs not disinfecting the machines when they were done, so I decided to go back to going late at night.

Gaucho

COVID-19

Postby Gaucho » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:36 pm

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:42 pm

Read that earlier. TL;DR the knuckle-draggers are a big reason why it’ll take longer to get back to normal. Not that this is a surprise to anyone.