COVID-19

King Colby

COVID-19

Postby King Colby » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:24 pm

at this point it might be worth it

mac5155

COVID-19

Postby mac5155 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:12 pm

Also today, the PA Supreme Court ruled that under the PA Constitution, the concurrent resolution to rescind Wolf's declaration of emergency must be presented to the governor for his approval. Which of course will not be given. So the legislature failed in its bid to overturn the emergency orders.

IMO, it was the correct decision under the language of the constitution.
So pretty much today's resolution (or whatever the hell it is) is a muscle flex.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:12 pm

Huh?

Morkle

COVID-19

Postby Morkle » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:28 pm

Also today, the PA Supreme Court ruled that under the PA Constitution, the concurrent resolution to rescind Wolf's declaration of emergency must be presented to the governor for his approval. Which of course will not be given. So the legislature failed in its bid to overturn the emergency orders.

IMO, it was the correct decision under the language of the constitution.
So pretty much today's resolution (or whatever the hell it is) is a muscle flex.
Was always a flex that was going nowhere. Gotta look tough. Otherwise you let science in control.

MWB

COVID-19

Postby MWB » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:32 pm

SC Governor had another press conference, with a record 24 deaths. He's pleading for people to be smart this weekend, otherwise he will not lift the last of the executive order halting spectator sports - which would include college and high school football. Earlier this week, high school off season training has been "paused" for at least two weeks, and then will be reevaluated

Trevor Lawrence may have played his last college game. :cry:
Some girls who play on my daughter’s hs basketball team played travel ball tournament in Myrtle beach last weekend. A few other states hosted tournaments as well. It’ll be interesting to see cases that relate to those tournaments. If they’re limited, may be used as evidence to hold hs sports.

Shyster

COVID-19

Postby Shyster » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:41 pm

It was a couple of weeks ago, IIRC. The Supreme Court took the suit directly on expedited King's Bench review. The ultimate conclusion is that the emergency-powers law says that the General Assembly can override the governor's declaration with a concurrent resolution, but the PA constitution itself says that every concurrent resolution (with a couple exceptions that aren't relevant here) must be presented to and approved by the governor in order to be effective. So a resolution to override the governor must be presented to and approved by the governor, which Wolf obviously isn't going to do. The law should have been written to say something other than "concurrent resolution," which has a specific meaning under the constitution.

mac5155

COVID-19

Postby mac5155 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:54 pm

It was a couple of weeks ago, IIRC. The Supreme Court took the suit directly on expedited King's Bench review. The ultimate conclusion is that the emergency-powers law says that the General Assembly can override the governor's declaration with a concurrent resolution, but the PA constitution itself says that every concurrent resolution (with a couple exceptions that aren't relevant here) must be presented to and approved by the governor in order to be effective. So a resolution to override the governor must be presented to and approved by the governor, which Wolf obviously isn't going to do. The law should have been written to say something other than "concurrent resolution," which has a specific meaning under the constitution.
Gotcha. I understood your post to mean that both items occurred today.

mac5155

COVID-19

Postby mac5155 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:58 pm

Fort Ligonier days canceled :(

DigitalGypsy66

COVID-19

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:13 pm

SC Governor had another press conference, with a record 24 deaths. He's pleading for people to be smart this weekend, otherwise he will not lift the last of the executive order halting spectator sports - which would include college and high school football. Earlier this week, high school off season training has been "paused" for at least two weeks, and then will be reevaluated

Some girls who play on my daughter’s hs basketball team played travel ball tournament in Myrtle beach last weekend. A few other states hosted tournaments as well. It’ll be interesting to see cases that relate to those tournaments. If they’re limited, may be used as evidence to hold hs sports.
Yep, we've got several friends with kids at these big baseball and softball tournaments in Myrtle and Columbia.

A reporter actually asked the governor a question about college summer ball, little league, and travel tournaments - none of these things should be going on is how McMaster responded. I guess no one is regulating or reporting it?

RonnieFranchise

COVID-19

Postby RonnieFranchise » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:14 pm

I am told that the youth soccer teams playing at Graham Park in Cranberry have suspended activity due to players testing positive.

Dickie Dunn

COVID-19

Postby Dickie Dunn » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:40 pm

Well I hope they didn’t cough on the path where I run.

Orlando Penguin

COVID-19

Postby Orlando Penguin » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:43 pm

I’m umpiring a holiday baseball tournament on Friday. Not sure how that got approved. I have the plate for one game and I’ll have the face covering with me and reaaaalllly don’t wanna have to wear it too.

mac5155

COVID-19

Postby mac5155 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:47 pm

We may as well just quarantine again then. Go back to red until a vaccine is available.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

COVID-19

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:00 am

I have no idea how organized sports is back. That seems ludicrous

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:03 am

Yeah, just gimme the vaccine. I want this to be over.
This will be the rallying cry of the anti-maskers. "See, we have a vaccine, I don't have to be accountable in any other way!"
The ignorant will always have an excuse.

shafnutz05

COVID-19

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:16 am

Thanks, Sun

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12002080/ ... ood-clots/
A MAN was left with an agonising four-hour erection after being infected with coronavirus doctors have warned.

The 62-year-old, from France, was in hospital being treated for severe Covid-19 when he started suffering with the condition - known as priapism.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

COVID-19

Postby meow » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:36 am

Thanks, Sun

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12002080/ ... ood-clots/
A MAN was left with an agonising four-hour erection after being infected with coronavirus doctors have warned.

The 62-year-old, from France, was in hospital being treated for severe Covid-19 when he started suffering with the condition - known as priapism.

Troy Loney

COVID-19

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:37 am

I have no idea how organized sports is back. That seems ludicrous
Sports are back in countries that didn’t flail around like us.

MrKennethTKangaroo

COVID-19

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:44 am

General question

Will this new rule change any 5af members mask wearing routine

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:00 am

General question

I was already following the order before it came out, so no.

NAN

COVID-19

Postby NAN » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:28 am

General question

I haven't gone to any large public gatherings or places, and have worn my mask in stores and other places. When I did go to a restaurant this weeked, we followed the guidelines to wear the mask until we were seated at our table, and were outdoors. And anytime we left the table put the mask on.

The only change that may happen is if the kids have to wear it at the pool and at their sports.

count2infinity

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:31 am

I got an e-mail from the place I used to play indoor soccer... they're requiring masks now (due to the order yesterday) for all sports and programs.

willeyeam

COVID-19

Postby willeyeam » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:33 am

anecdotal of course but i've noticed a shift in older guys from it being overblown/hoax to blaming young people for ruining everything lately. progress, I guess

skullman80

COVID-19

Postby skullman80 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:34 am

General question

I was already following the order before it came out, so no.
DItto.

My wife and I actually went to Texas Roadhouse to dine in last weekend. We wore masks other than when we were at our table eating. Walking in/walking out, getting seated etc we kept out masks on. When we were at the table just the two of us masks off. They had everyone spaced far out so no one was within probably 15 to 20 feet of each other. It was actually kind of nice to not be in a crazy crowded restaurant.

I wear it when I go into any store, or out in any place where I know I will be close by to others and have no way of staying 6 feet apart. When I go to the park in the morning to run I do not wear my mask. I am able to safely stay away from others and I'm running.. and running and wearing a mask won't mix. If I was just walking I'd probably have it with me in my pocket just in case I came up on a large group of people I couldn't stay far enough away from, but in general if I'm at the park either running or with my wife no mask unless its super crowded and we can't socially distance.

DigitalGypsy66

COVID-19

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:38 am

Did we know Bill Cowher and his wife had the Rona back in March?