COVID-19

Troy Loney

COVID-19

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:02 pm

Are public pools even open? This also says public spaces so it wouldn't apply to a backyard pool anyways.
Public pools here are open... yes.
I assume they have capacity restrictions?

So again, this goes back to the wording. The outside mask order is saying it's required when you are not able to consistently social distance. ADA implications aside, people are ~able to move six feet away from someone in a pool. This isn't like working with a road crew where you are forced to be in proximity. That's why i think they need to clarify how they intend to apply that statement, but as it is read, the word able probably eliminates the applicability to all the scenarios you're all complaining about.

Lemon Berry Lobster

COVID-19

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:04 pm

Masks are now mandatory in all public spaces in Pennsylvania

https://www.wtae.com/article/masks-are- ... D7OWr17XcQ#
“This mask-wearing order is essential to stopping the recent increase in COVID-19 cases we have seen in Pennsylvania,” Gov. Wolf said in a news release. “Those hot spots can be traced to situations where Pennsylvanians were not wearing masks or practicing social distancing – two practices that must be adhered to if we want to maintain the freedoms we have in place under our reopening.”
I like how you ignore the word or before your bolded text... :lol:
Sure they are wearing masks but he isn't adhering to the social distancing. From his own quote you must wear a mask AND social distance, he is not doing both. But good try on the gotcha

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:04 pm

This order really pisses me off because it gives zero thought to the issue at hand. The problem isn't people not wearing masks outside. The only thing this order will do is solidify the anti-mask people's opinions on masks.

nocera

COVID-19

Postby nocera » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:05 pm

Source of the post Sure they are wearing masks but he isn't adhering to the social distancing. From his own quote you must wear a mask AND social distance, he is not doing both. But good try on the gotcha
"Or" is a tough word...

Shyster

COVID-19

Postby Shyster » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:05 pm

The thing that gets me about the masks is the level of response for such a minor imposition. All of the stuff our government does on a daily basis, and this is where people draw the line?

Endless wars?
The public: Meh.
Warrantless wiretapping of your phone and email?
Confiscatory taxes?
Massive debt?
Please wear a mask because we're having a pandemic and it might save lives?
The public: MY FREEDOMZ! WE WILL NOT COMPLY!

I hope I'm known on here as one of the strongest civil libertarians, but FFS on this. :face: Look on the bright side, the masks screw up the government's ability to use facial recognition to track you and your every movement (another thing people don't give a crap about).

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:06 pm

Sure they are wearing masks but he isn't adhering to the social distancing. From his own quote you must wear a mask AND social distance, he is not doing both. But good try on the gotcha
The order says if you're in public places and can social distance, you don't need to wear a mask. If you're in public spaces and cannot maintain 6 feet, you need to wear a mask. I'm not sure how that isn't "or".

tifosi77

COVID-19

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:07 pm

There is one very large, orange-ish reason why masks have become a 'thing', but I'll leave it at that in the hopes of keeping this thread on track.

nocera

COVID-19

Postby nocera » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:08 pm

A National Mask Mandate Could Save The U.S. Economy $1 Trillion, Goldman Sachs Says
https://www.forbes.com/sites/sarahhanse ... ae8a4756f1

Don't be surprised to see more and more Republicans jump on the mask train.

Troy Loney

COVID-19

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:09 pm

The thing that gets me about the masks is the level of response for such a minor imposition. All of the stuff our government does on a daily basis, and this is where people draw the line?

Endless wars?
Warrantless wiretapping of your phone and email?
Confiscatory taxes?
Massive debt?
Please wear a mask because we're having a pandemic and it might save lives?
The public: MY FREEDOMZ! WE WILL NOT COMPLY!

I hope I'm known on here as one of the strongest civil libertarians, but FFS on this. :face: Look on the bright side, the masks screw up the government's ability to use facial recognition to track you and your every movement (another thing people don't give a crap about).
There is really no logical basis for the debate.I think people genuinely believe that folks wear masks as way of virtue signalling.

nocera

COVID-19

Postby nocera » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:09 pm

There are far too many people who believe that masks actually harm you.

Troy Loney

COVID-19

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:12 pm

There is one very large, orange-ish reason why masks have become a 'thing', but I'll leave it at that in the hopes of keeping this thread on track.
A combo of Trump exhibiting his normal belligerent stupidity, and I guess liberal embracing the practice.

Here's the thing, there are probably thousands of laws and ordinances that present compliance complications. And we just abide because the risk/reward. That's what this is, so stop perpetuating nonsense.

King Colby

COVID-19

Postby King Colby » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:14 pm

A National Mask Mandate Could Save The U.S. Economy $1 Trillion, Goldman Sachs Says
https://www.forbes.com/sites/sarahhanse ... ae8a4756f1

Don't be surprised to see more and more Republicans jump on the mask train.
Most already are and have been all along. Hopefully you understand that

NAN

COVID-19

Postby NAN » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:14 pm

So if my kids are playing outside with their friends, they all need a mask? Or if they are on our property they should be good?

What about swimming?
A. outdoors and unable to consistently maintain a distance of six feet from individuals who are not members of their household;
If they are not able to consistently stay six feet apart, then yes.
But that is in public areas. Which is not our or our neighbors yards.

Troy Loney

COVID-19

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:17 pm

Yes, the order is for public spaces.

NAN

COVID-19

Postby NAN » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:18 pm

Are public pools even open? This also says public spaces so it wouldn't apply to a backyard pool anyways.
We belong to a private pool, so it doesn't fall under the public pool closure, but they were still following guidelines (limiting the amount of people at the pool grounds, keeping chairs and tables 6 ft apart, but you didn't have to wear masks.

That's where it can get confusing. It's a private pool, so the whole outdoors in public areas isn't technically in place, but so is private businesses, etc.

count2infinity

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:18 pm

So if my kids are playing outside with their friends, they all need a mask? Or if they are on our property they should be good?

What about swimming?
A. outdoors and unable to consistently maintain a distance of six feet from individuals who are not members of their household;
If they are not able to consistently stay six feet apart, then yes.
But that is in public areas. Which is not our or our neighbors yards.
Your question is really a matter of should vs must. Should your kids and their friends be wearing masks? Yes.. probably. Is a cop coming to give you fines or is Gov. Wolf going to show up and kidnap your kid because they're not wearing masks? No.

Lemon Berry Lobster

COVID-19

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:18 pm

Source of the post Sure they are wearing masks but he isn't adhering to the social distancing. From his own quote you must wear a mask AND social distance, he is not doing both. But good try on the gotcha
"Or" is a tough word...
It should be 'and' not 'or'. If you wear a mask you are safe to be within 6 feet. If you aren't wearing a mask and you are within 6 feet you aren't safe. The rises in cases is a combination of the two so or is not the correct word.

count2infinity

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:20 pm

"Or" is a tough word...
It should be 'and' not 'or'. If you wear a mask you are safe to be within 6 feet. If you aren't wearing a mask and you are within 6 feet you aren't safe. The rises in cases is a combination of the two so or is not the correct word.

NAN

COVID-19

Postby NAN » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:20 pm

The county officer did mention youth sports so I'm wondering if parents were there in the stands but not using masks?
That was another question, what about the kids playing? I can see the parents in the stands, but to have to wear a mask playing sports sucks.

Lemon Berry Lobster

COVID-19

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:20 pm

The order says if you're in public places and can social distance, you don't need to wear a mask. If you're in public spaces and cannot maintain 6 feet, you need to wear a mask. I'm not sure how that isn't "or".
And the quote says the rise in cases is from one or the other. It was from a combination of no mask and close contact. His quote says you must be doing both which is not what the order says, and not what he did.

count2infinity

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:21 pm

to have to wear a mask playing sports sucks.
In case you haven't noticed, everything sucks right now.

King Colby

COVID-19

Postby King Colby » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:21 pm

If 60k people at a protest, some masked some not, don't spread the virus, i think not wearing a mask at NANs pool is safe

count2infinity

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:23 pm

And the quote says the rise in cases is from one or the other. It was from a combination of no mask and close contact. His quote says you must be doing both which is not what the order says, and not what he did.
Yes... wearing a mask AND social distancing help to stop the spread. You should wear a mask OR social distance if you are in public outdoor spaces.

Troy Loney

COVID-19

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:26 pm

We belong to a private pool, so it doesn't fall under the public pool closure, but they were still following guidelines (limiting the amount of people at the pool grounds, keeping chairs and tables 6 ft apart, but you didn't have to wear masks.

That's where it can get confusing. It's a private pool, so the whole outdoors in public areas isn't technically in place, but so is private businesses, etc.
Right, but because they are able to implement social distancing, then the mandatory mask requirement would not be required. I would also think that there would need to some definitions regarding exclusive private clubs versus places like Target so people can appropriately understand the mandate.

Youth sports, yeah, your kid will need to wear a mask. Spectators, no, you are capable of putting your lounge chair six feet away from other people. If you are just incapable of determining how far six feet is, then wear your mask.

NAN

COVID-19

Postby NAN » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:26 pm

BTW, I'm not an anti-masker, in fact I think they should be worn indoors and at any large public outdoor gathering. I'm just trying to figure out a little more definitive outdoor part of when we should wear them, because the guidance is very subjective.