COVID-19

King Colby

COVID-19

Postby King Colby » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:48 pm

They really need to address enforcement. You can issue orders all **** day but if there's nobody to enforce them they don't mean ****.
How would you enforce this
No clue. I supposed it could be a ticketed fine if caught? Thankfully that's not up to me to figure out.
So if my kids are playing outside with their friends, they all need a mask? Or if they are on our property they should be good?

What about swimming?
Good question on the first one. According to the order, I would say they should be wearing a mask.

The second one, no, of course not. Masks are not advised when swimming.
What if someone outside your family is under 6 feet away in the pool?

nocera

COVID-19

Postby nocera » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:49 pm

The CDC doesn't recommend masks at all in pools. Because, you know, drowning.

King Colby

COVID-19

Postby King Colby » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:49 pm

I keep 6 feet when running and pumping gas...
what is the distance between your side of the gas pump and their side of the gas pump?

King Colby

COVID-19

Postby King Colby » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:50 pm

where does it say that in Wolf's order?

Troy Loney

COVID-19

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:50 pm

Protests I guess? Golf? Running/biking? Pumping gas?
Protests, yes. Those other things, no. It says when unable to consistently maintain social distance. You are able to consistently stay six feet away from other golfers. I imagine there are outdoor occupations that require close cooperation, so it would apply there. But basically any outdoor recreation does not present the situation where you are unable to social distance.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:50 pm

Oh... so that's what anti-mask people are doing wrong when they say they can't breath...
I keep 6 feet when running and pumping gas...
what is the distance between your side of the gas pump and their side of the gas pump?
I go at off times and keep away from spots that would have me near people.

Lemon Berry Lobster

COVID-19

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:51 pm

Masks are now mandatory in all public spaces in Pennsylvania

https://www.wtae.com/article/masks-are- ... D7OWr17XcQ#
“This mask-wearing order is essential to stopping the recent increase in COVID-19 cases we have seen in Pennsylvania,” Gov. Wolf said in a news release. “Those hot spots can be traced to situations where Pennsylvanians were not wearing masks or practicing social distancing – two practices that must be adhered to if we want to maintain the freedoms we have in place under our reopening.”

Shyster

COVID-19

Postby Shyster » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:51 pm

So if my kids are playing outside with their friends, they all need a mask? Or if they are on our property they should be good?

What about swimming?
A. outdoors and unable to consistently maintain a distance of six feet from individuals who are not members of their household;
If they are not able to consistently stay six feet apart, then yes.

King Colby

COVID-19

Postby King Colby » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:51 pm

Protests, yes. Those other things, no. It says when unable to consistently maintain social distance. You are able to consistently stay six feet away from other golfers. I imagine there are outdoor occupations that require close cooperation, so it would apply there. But basically any outdoor recreation does not present the situation where you are unable to social distance.
I know. I wonder what outdoor public recreation is even happening outside of protests. Basically nothing. Maybe shopping in the strip?

nocera

COVID-19

Postby nocera » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:52 pm

Oooh I see what you're doing. I thought you were being genuine. Carry on.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:52 pm

“This mask-wearing order is essential to stopping the recent increase in COVID-19 cases we have seen in Pennsylvania,” Gov. Wolf said in a news release. “Those hot spots can be traced to situations where Pennsylvanians were not wearing masks or practicing social distancing – two practices that must be adhered to if we want to maintain the freedoms we have in place under our reopening.”
I like how you ignore the word or before your bolded text... :lol:

King Colby

COVID-19

Postby King Colby » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:53 pm

Well he is a Pennsylvanian

mac5155

COVID-19

Postby mac5155 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:53 pm

They really need to address enforcement. You can issue orders all **** day but if there's nobody to enforce them they don't mean ****.
Bingo... you already have people saying "f*ck you, I'm going to come shop without a mask and you can't stop me." This order won't do sh*t.
What do you want them to do? Fine people?

Pass it as a law first then.

count2infinity

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:54 pm

Bingo... you already have people saying "f*ck you, I'm going to come shop without a mask and you can't stop me." This order won't do sh*t.

They're not doing ANYTHING to enforce it now. Why would they take steps to enforce further orders without enforcing current ones? Thus why I say this order won't do sh*t.

Troy Loney

COVID-19

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:55 pm

I know. I wonder what outdoor public recreation is even happening outside of protests. Basically nothing. Maybe shopping in the strip?
going to the parks, trails, playgrounds, driving range, golf courses.

King Colby

COVID-19

Postby King Colby » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:55 pm

Whats the problem? The guidelines regarding pools are unclear. Interpreted as written means masks required if unable to maintain 6 feet of distance. If you dont want to hear it from me, hear it from Shyster then.

Pavel Bure

COVID-19

Postby Pavel Bure » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:57 pm

I don't really know how related KDKA tv and KDKA radio are, but KDKA radio still employs Wendy Bell. So, they suck too.
KDKA-AM isn't managed by KDKA anymore. Its managed by Entercom. I imagine they have heard a bunch of complaints about her.
Yeah she now pedals conspiracy theories, racism, and right wing gas lighting.

Troy Loney

COVID-19

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:57 pm

Are public pools even open? This also says public spaces so it wouldn't apply to a backyard pool anyways.

nocera

COVID-19

Postby nocera » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:57 pm

Whats the problem? The guidelines regarding pools are unclear. Interpreted as written means masks required if unable to maintain 6 feet of distance. If you dont want to hear it from me, hear it from Shyster then.
No problem. I just didn't get that you were being facetious. As I said, carry on.

King Colby

COVID-19

Postby King Colby » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:58 pm

They're not doing ANYTHING to enforce it now. Why would they take steps to enforce further orders without enforcing current ones? Thus why I say this order won't do sh*t.
What is the formal current order? I honestly don't even know. Was it a recommendation, or geared towards businesses over individuals maybe.

count2infinity

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:58 pm

Are public pools even open? This also says public spaces so it wouldn't apply to a backyard pool anyways.
Public pools here are open... yes.

MrKennethTKangaroo

COVID-19

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:58 pm

Lets face it, the only "they" that could possibly enforce this is the police and given the current climate of police relations, i dont see that going over very well

i dont fault some dude working for $10 an hour at target for not enforcing those rules

count2infinity

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:59 pm

What is the formal current order? I honestly don't even know. Was it a recommendation, or geared towards businesses over individuals maybe.
viewtopic.php?p=801115#p801115

There's a link to the order.

count2infinity

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:00 pm

Lets face it, the only "they" that could possibly enforce this is the police and given the current climate of police relations, i dont see that going over very well

i dont fault some dude working for $10 an hour at target for not enforcing those rules
Certainly don't fault employees at places like that for not being bothered. It's way more hassle than it'd be worth.

MR25

COVID-19

Postby MR25 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:02 pm

The county officer did mention youth sports so I'm wondering if parents were there in the stands but not using masks?