COVID-19

willeyeam

COVID-19

Postby willeyeam » Wed May 20, 2020 10:32 am

The owner of our company stopped into my cube to say hi and talk a bit about how crazy the whole shutdown is... he asked me if I've seen this Plandemic video with Judy Milkovich lady. I said I have and he asked what I thought. I asked him if he looked into her background at all. He said he hadn't. I suggested he should as she's a quack...

"But it doesn't make you think? Like does Fauci really have patents on this stuff?!?!?"
"Yeah. He does from his research that he's done over the years, just like I do here."
"Doesn't that make you think?!?!?"
"No, not really. I don't see a penny from those patents... the company does."
"Well, I think you should think about it more."

:lol:
it makes me sad when seemingly smart people turn out to be total loons
How a person got to that position without the ability to research, when it seems like a company where research is key, is mindblowing.
I don't know how c2i did it either

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Wed May 20, 2020 10:35 am

Me neither.

mikey

COVID-19

Postby mikey » Wed May 20, 2020 10:36 am

Cuomo probably gifted him that job as a *wink* favor...

King Colby

COVID-19

Postby King Colby » Wed May 20, 2020 11:13 am

What is going on with antibody testing? I feel like I haven't heard much in a couple weeks. Are they inaccurate? Not widely available? Why haven't there been any large scale efforts?
https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-n ... s-n1210251
:thumb:

Thanks

pens9192

COVID-19

Postby pens9192 » Wed May 20, 2020 11:20 am

Yup... over time we'll learn more and more about this disease. And what we learn today might be either confirmed or disproved tomorrow. Until we get this thing locked down, it's better to proceed with caution.
Yep. A lot of people seem to take things said two or three months ago as absolute truth and refuse to accept that as information changes and time goes on, people can change their minds. Like with the whole "The Surgeon General said wearing a mask doesn't help so why do I have to wear one" or back in January when the WHO said there was no evidence of human to human transmission of covid. People use these as arguments for their conspiracy theories too.

Its like in sports where people make a hot take based on a point in time and information available to them and then later on down the road they get roasted for their "wrong" prediction and laughed it. That's pretty much the basis of this Twitter account: https://twitter.com/OldTakesExposed

Like I'm sure there is someone on draft day that thought Tom Brady wouldn't amount to anything and be out of the league in a year but given what information was available at the time, no one would have predicted he would win six Super Bowls,

dodint

COVID-19

Postby dodint » Wed May 20, 2020 11:30 am

I think that needs to be balanced with accountability at some point though. The millions dead projections were dubious at the time but the media loved it. Are we still going to be like Italy any day now?

Gaucho

COVID-19

Postby Gaucho » Wed May 20, 2020 11:31 am

Is Italy even like Italy?

Troy Loney

COVID-19

Postby Troy Loney » Wed May 20, 2020 11:34 am

Well, Italy has actually contained the outbreak. So no?

offsides

COVID-19

Postby offsides » Wed May 20, 2020 11:48 am

I have no clue how far Italy has reopened, but their world meter numbers look really good, at least to me. Hopefully the Italians got this.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

COVID-19

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed May 20, 2020 12:59 pm

we have better pizza than Italy

Sam's Drunk Dog

COVID-19

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog » Wed May 20, 2020 1:45 pm

Not even close

blackjack68

COVID-19

Postby blackjack68 » Wed May 20, 2020 1:57 pm

The owner of our company stopped into my cube to say hi and talk a bit about how crazy the whole shutdown is... he asked me if I've seen this Plandemic video with Judy Milkovich lady. I said I have and he asked what I thought. I asked him if he looked into her background at all. He said he hadn't. I suggested he should as she's a quack...

"But it doesn't make you think? Like does Fauci really have patents on this stuff?!?!?"
"Yeah. He does from his research that he's done over the years, just like I do here."
"Doesn't that make you think?!?!?"
"No, not really. I don't see a penny from those patents... the company does."
"Well, I think you should think about it more."

:lol:
it makes me sad when seemingly smart people turn out to be total loons
How a person got to that position without the ability to research, when it seems like a company where research is key, is mindblowing.
I don't know how c2i did it either
“I’ve thought about it and you’re right, I should be making money from my research and patents. When can I expect the extra cash or shares in the company?”

mikey

COVID-19

Postby mikey » Wed May 20, 2020 2:01 pm

Not even close
He strictly meant Altoona...

tifosi77

COVID-19

Postby tifosi77 » Wed May 20, 2020 2:07 pm

I think that needs to be balanced with accountability at some point though. The millions dead projections were dubious at the time but the media loved it. Are we still going to be like Italy any day now?
All of those early worst-case scenario predictions did not account for the extreme mitigation efforts that have been undertaken. They were, in a way, the best argument in favor of things like social distancing and 'safer at home' orders. Once those practices became widespread, those models were no longer valid.

And even at that, as recently as a month ago IHME was only predicting around 60k+ deaths with risk mitigation.

faftorial

COVID-19

Postby faftorial » Wed May 20, 2020 2:09 pm

All of those early worst-case scenario predictions did not account for the extreme mitigation efforts that have been undertaken. They were, in a way, the best argument in favor of things like social distancing and 'safer at home' orders. Once those practices became widespread, those models were no longer valid.

And even at that, as recently as a month ago IHME was only predicting around 60k+ deaths with risk mitigation.
I explained that to him last week but he's sticking with it.

dodint

COVID-19

Postby dodint » Wed May 20, 2020 2:35 pm

Why would I change my mind? I have no reason to give the media the benefit of the doubt here.

grunthy

COVID-19

Postby grunthy » Wed May 20, 2020 2:53 pm

Well... to be fair they didn’t account for NY, NJ, CT, PA and etc. to send Covid positive nursing home patients back to the care home to cause mass death.

grunthy

COVID-19

Postby grunthy » Wed May 20, 2020 2:56 pm

I explained that to him last week but he's sticking with it.
Well... considering it isn’t a 5% mortality disease, and the IFR is closer to .5%, herd immunity of 60% would cause about 900k deaths, with standard of care never getting better, and LTCF still being hit at over a 40-60% clip.

Trip McNeely

COVID-19

Postby Trip McNeely » Wed May 20, 2020 3:32 pm

Well... to be fair they didn’t account for NY, NJ, CT, PA and etc. to send Covid positive nursing home patients back to the care home to cause mass death.
Who is they? Where did this happen? And what are you supposed to do with these patients?

grunthy

COVID-19

Postby grunthy » Wed May 20, 2020 3:44 pm

Who is they? Where did this happen? And what are you supposed to do with these patients?
1. IHME.

2. Those states mandated their nursing home patients to care for them.

3. Not send them back to nursing homes where they will kill others. Protect and keep these types of patients as far away from LTCFs as possible.

Trip McNeely

COVID-19

Postby Trip McNeely » Wed May 20, 2020 3:48 pm

1. IHME.

3. Not send them back to nursing homes where they will kill others. Protect and keep these types of patients as far away from LTCFs as possible.
Ok. So New York hospitals were totally overwhelmed...where should you put these patients then? On the street?

Secondly, we had outbreaks in nursing homes in Pittsburgh that had nothing to do with forced transfer of COVID patients to SNFs.

King Colby

COVID-19

Postby King Colby » Wed May 20, 2020 3:50 pm

I dont know how anyone could think 3 is an unreasonable expectation. Even at the time when they ordered LTCFs to take in covid patients, they knew it was disproportionately impactful to older people and could spread more easily in closed quarters. They were emptying jails at that time.

Trip McNeely

COVID-19

Postby Trip McNeely » Wed May 20, 2020 3:51 pm

I dont know how anyone could think 3 is an unreasonable expectation. Even at the time when they ordered LTCFs to take in covid patients, they knew it was disproportionately impactful to older people and could spread more easily in closed quarters. They were emptying jails at that time.
I understand. But no one can answer where we should have sent them....because there is no good answer

AuthorTony

COVID-19

Postby AuthorTony » Wed May 20, 2020 3:52 pm

Clearly the government was supposed to step in and provide socialized medical care for those elderly/infirm patients whose families were unable to care for them. Socialized medicine is anathema until we need it. Then the right is all for it.

grunthy

COVID-19

Postby grunthy » Wed May 20, 2020 3:55 pm

1. IHME.

Ok. So New York hospitals were totally overwhelmed...where should you put these patients then? On the street?

Secondly, we had outbreaks in nursing homes in Pittsburgh that had nothing to do with forced transfer of COVID patients to SNFs.
Ummm... NY had massive surge capacity that they never used...