COVID-19

Dickie Dunn

COVID-19

Postby Dickie Dunn » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:29 am

Wife’s cousin in New Jersey has it. Mild symptoms, quarantined at home, and doing fine. She saw her mother two weeks ago before showing any symptoms and her mother saw my mother-in-law a week ago, so now we wait...

shoeshine boy

COVID-19

Postby shoeshine boy » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:54 am

well, now all this crap hits close to home. my aunt (in her 70s) is going to need a heart valve replacement in the next few weeks. my cousin says that her mom will need to be put on a ventilator which are now, hard to come by. :(
:( I hope she's OK.
appreciate the thoughts guys. at least she's in a suburban ATL county and not NYC. that's got to improve her odds a little bit of getting access to a vent.

tifosi77

COVID-19

Postby tifosi77 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:01 am

That's tough timing, DD. We're a week into me showing symptoms, and so far Mrs Tif is clear, but every time she clears her throat I sort of get a spike in the old heart rate.

And to be clear, I don't know what it is I've got. Whatever it is, it has probably been with me for between call it 8 and 20 days now, which is a lot of pre-symptomatic potential transmission time. Although I just read that there may be a case of human-to-feline transmission in Belgium now. So that's fun. (We have a cat who snuggles with me at bed time, as I've been sleeping in the guest room since Sunday. Lots of face licking, and rubbing her head against my face......)

Orlando Penguin

COVID-19

Postby Orlando Penguin » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:36 am

I was told that DeSantis was doing a tremendous job in Florida.
The dude’s a complete jackass. He ran his whole campaign on the premise that he was a Trump clone and so far, his leadership is pretty much on par with the Cheeto-in-Chief. He tells anyone flying to NY to isolate and has checkpoints to pick off people from New Orleans. Yet when it comes to the beaches and the citizens of his state, he lets the counties make the decisions rather than making one himself. At least he allowed for all of those Spring Break and Bike Week dollars to be wrung into the economy :eyeroll:

Gaucho

COVID-19

Postby Gaucho » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:42 am

Are the golf courses still open, OP?

Gaucho

COVID-19

Postby Gaucho » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:45 am

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:20 am

I went to the store yesterday and my height paid off big time. There were no more dishwasher pods until I stood on my tip toes and found one container clear in the back of the top shelf. And then, we're running low on TP (not out, but lower than we'd normally be), and I walked down the TP aisle. There was a lady standing there staring at a box on the top shelf. It had two 6 packs of TP in it. I said to her "I'll get it down and we'll each take one, deal?" She laughed and said, "I promise I'm not hoarding, I'm just legitimately out..." I said, "Yup, us too. I'll grab 'em down."

The only thing that was out and I wasn't able to find was flour.

Gaucho

COVID-19

Postby Gaucho » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:28 am

Do people use the flour to powder their butts after the wipefest?

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:31 am

Apparently there are many like myself that have taken to baked goods in these weird times.

Gaucho

COVID-19

Postby Gaucho » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:51 am

Yeah, my gf for example. Weird times indeed.

count2infinity

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:52 am

My tastebuds love it. My waistline does not.

Troy Loney

COVID-19

Postby Troy Loney » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:54 am

On the other side of the spectrum, my wife ordered a case of ramen from amazon.

shafnutz05

COVID-19

Postby shafnutz05 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:59 am

Yesterday I spent two hours defrosting our large standup freezer. Yup.... That explains why it wasn't getting below 20 degrees. TBH we are lucky the thing didn't catch fire, the back coils were completely enshrouded in ice.

Pro tip: Using a hair dryer greatly speeds up that process. With all the meat we have vacuum sealed and stored it's a relief to have that fixed. Definitely has been nice being forced to get these projects done.

count2infinity

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:06 am

I'm looking forward to sports being back... one of my guilty pleasures is getting out of bed at my normal weekday time over the weekend, and enjoying a cup of coffee and sportscenter on the couch while the wife and kid are still in bed. Now I make my coffee and sit down and there's no sports.

shafnutz05

COVID-19

Postby shafnutz05 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:14 am

I'm looking forward to sports being back... one of my guilty pleasures is getting out of bed at my normal weekday time over the weekend, and enjoying a cup of coffee and sportscenter on the couch while the wife and kid are still in bed. Now I make my coffee and sit down and there's no sports.
That's been the most brutal thing. I mentioned before this is my favorite time of year for sports.... Was so looking forward to watching the Players, Masters, March Madness, NBA/NHL playoffs, etc.

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:16 am

Although I just read that there may be a case of human-to-feline transmission in Belgium now. So that's fun. (We have a cat who snuggles with me at bed time, as I've been sleeping in the guest room since Sunday. Lots of face licking, and rubbing her head against my face......)
This would be a worry for us, as well. Our cat is 22 and snuggles with us in bed at night. She’ll lay across my chest, or across my wife’s neck while we watch tv.

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:18 am

I was told that DeSantis was doing a tremendous job in Florida.
The dude’s a complete jackass. He ran his whole campaign on the premise that he was a Trump clone and so far, his leadership is pretty much on par with the Cheeto-in-Chief. He tells anyone flying to NY to isolate and has checkpoints to pick off people from New Orleans. Yet when it comes to the beaches and the citizens of his state, he lets the counties make the decisions rather than making one himself. At least he allowed for all of those Spring Break and Bike Week dollars to be wrung into the economy :eyeroll:
My coworker lives in Kissimmee, and she stopped watching the local news because of all of these stories daily. She already hated FL with a passion, and this is apparently just making her hate it more.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

COVID-19

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:01 am

MWB

COVID-19

Postby MWB » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:27 am

Fauci saying on tv that restrictions in certain areas can be loosened if the area can be easily tested and the results are available quickly to allow for containment. Loosening restrictions before that would be a mistake.

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:35 am

Easily tested... okay. The FDA has approved a number of new tests, so we’ve got ones that give results in 15 minutes, 45 minutes, and a few hours.

By all accounts, it’s still damn near impossible to get tested, and the excuse is always “it won’t change the course of action”.

So which is it? Either we start testing, and often, or we don’t and this cycle continues. We already know testing and tracing works.

Dickie Dunn

COVID-19

Postby Dickie Dunn » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:43 am

Coffee, soccer, and homework every Saturday and Sunday morning. Now it's just coffee and homework and it sucks.

RonnieFranchise

COVID-19

Postby RonnieFranchise » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:55 am

Kirk Herbstreit, who doesn't make these decisions but is plugged into those who do, would be "shocked" if there is college or pro football this fall.

https://abc6onyourside.com/sports/the-f ... -this-fall

Orlando Penguin

COVID-19

Postby Orlando Penguin » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:57 am

Yes they are. Despite some counties going into stay-at-home mode, golf courses are still considered ‘essential’ businesses because of the exercise factor. I played on Thursday on one of the very few here that you can walk. So I walked it. Cart management seems to be that everyone gets their own but there’s no coolers or divot sand. They’re fully sanitized after each use. Where I played Thursday, the cups were upturned so you didn’t have to reach down into the hole to get the ball and thus touch the flagstick, which you can’t take out. No bunker rakes...not that anyone uses them anyway and now it’s worse since people don’t know how to smooth their footprints at least. May try to play again later this week weather permitting.

Troy Loney

COVID-19

Postby Troy Loney » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:08 am

Easily tested... okay. The FDA has approved a number of new tests, so we’ve got ones that give results in 15 minutes, 45 minutes, and a few hours.

By all accounts, it’s still damn near impossible to get tested, and the excuse is always “it won’t change the course of action”.

So which is it? Either we start testing, and often, or we don’t and this cycle continues. We already know testing and tracing works.
I think they are close to having the machines they need, but they don’t have the logistical operations to conduct the testing. That would be the ability to get to all the people that have to be tested in real time.

MWB

COVID-19

Postby MWB » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:36 am

Yes they are. Despite some counties going into stay-at-home mode, golf courses are still considered ‘essential’ businesses because of the exercise factor. I played on Thursday on one of the very few here that you can walk. So I walked it. Cart management seems to be that everyone gets their own but there’s no coolers or divot sand. They’re fully sanitized after each use. Where I played Thursday, the cups were upturned so you didn’t have to reach down into the hole to get the ball and thus touch the flagstick, which you can’t take out. No bunker rakes...not that anyone uses them anyway and now it’s worse since people don’t know how to smooth their footprints at least. May try to play again later this week weather permitting.
I’ve played a couple times in the past two weeks and am playing today. They wipe down the carts and have take. Out divot sand. They haven’t flipped the cups, but I don’t take the flag out anyway.